• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just got the email with the 'Resistance 3 Beta Fan Appreciation'
Pretty neat...
R3_MP_2011aug_1.jpg

R3_MP_2011aug_2.jpg

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I can see myself playing some Hardcore Classic TDM. (I like TDM sue me!)
BTW how do i get the 'fake chimera' skin? (Dunno how to use facebook)

U2NUMB

I wonder how many rounds one would have to play exactly. Will something pop up? Or is that just their way of making sure people play more than one game. Just curious..

Very cool stuff though!

Man

The PS3 has come full circle, Resistance is back!

I remember reading about the 2006 NeoGAF clan meetups.

There is an error in the op. The release date is september 7, and not september 9 (which is a sunday by the way).

Anyway, I can't wait to give my money to Insomniac, I loved the first two games, and I'm having a blast with the beta, I know I'm going to love this game :)

Zoibie

RockmanWhore said:
There is an error in the op. The release date is september 7, and not september 9 (which is a sunday by the way).

Anyway, I can't wait to give my money to Insomniac, I loved the first two games, and I'm having a blast with the beta, I know I'm going to love this game :)

September 9th is a Friday...

woolley

I'll get the game eventually for the single player. All hype that I've had for the game has been completely killed. :/

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
RockmanWhore said:

depends on the Euro country, UK/Ireland is definitely the 9th

test_account

XP-39C²
Meisadragon said:
I kind of did the same with GT5 :p
Same here with GT5 :D Although there i bought the regular edition as a play copy and the Signiature Edition for collecting. But with Resistance 3, the regular edition and special edition is the same price here, so no need to buy the regular edition then.

I usually buys stuff like this if i'm interested in the collector's edition (think i've done it 6-8 times in this console generation). I will do the same with Uncharted 3.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
CartridgeBlower said:
Does anyone know the extent of the online pass for this game?

Does it level cap it at a certain level, or does it completely lock me out of MP?

You cannot play online until you have redeemed the pass.

The pass is in your download history and can be redownloaded on your second or replacement PS3.

The pass works for all users on your PS3.

Fersis

JS does the Classic Hardcore mode have all the weapons unlocked from the get go?
Or you still have to unlock them through progression?
Also how many skins does the retail game has?

Poor JS getting hammered with questions left and right.

delta25

Banned
Thrakier said:
SUB-HD gfx and bad move implementation. Will buy for 17,99 just to finish it.

The amazing environmental effects and regular effects more then make up for the sub-HD in terms of R3's overall visual presentation.

KingDizzi

Banned
jstevenson said:

The pass is in your download history and can be redownloaded on your second or replacement PS3.

Not even a days free trail or anything like that? Should have kept that separate coop section that was in R2 bro, loved it and would have purchased R3 just for that.

jstevenson said:

Will it be included in the promo review copies? It's a toss up if it is or not with other publishers.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Vinterbird said:
Will it be included in the promo review copies? It's a toss up if it is or not with other publishers.

Sony, as far as I know, usually provides discs for journos that are retail copies.

Debug enabled journalists got discs with the pass built in, or got access to the pass file they could install to their debug

And finally, for promo copies (maybe in Europe) I believe they were providing codes.

KingK

Question: Isn't the beta supposed to be open access right now? In the PS Store is says you have to be a PS+ subscriber to get access, but I thought that was only til the 29th? I would really like to try out the multiplayer before buying the game.

woolley

KingK said:
Question: Isn't the beta supposed to be open access right now? In the PS Store is says you have to be a PS+ subscriber to get access, but I thought that was only til the 29th? I would really like to try out the multiplayer before buying the game.
You probably have to wait for the store to update.

Thrakier

delta25 said:
The amazing environmental effects and regular effects more then make up for the sub-HD in terms of R3's overall visual presentation.

Not in my book. Besides that, ever saw the Snow/Water in KZ3 or the rain in U2?

KingK

woolley said:
You probably have to wait for the store to update.

Damn. :(

I'm still trying to decide if I should get this on release or not. I haven't bought an FPS in over a year, and I'm starting to crave one, but I'm not sure if I should hold out for it to go on sale on amazon or something. Plus I could always buy Killzone 3 for $40 on amazon right now I think.

I guess I'll just play the beta/demo and read reviews to make my decision.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Thrakier said:
Not in my book. Besides that, ever saw the Snow/Water in KZ3 or the rain in U2?
Can't really judge it based on the MP beta. Who knows how the full game will be.
``
GeoramA said:
This old? Reverse the inside cover art and you get this :eek:
Yeah, posted in that other thread long time back.

Radec

RESIST

nice touch.

- -

How long do I have to play the beta (aug30 - sept 4) to get the bonuses?

Haven't played the beta for like 2 weeks now.

Wickwire

Ive been playing the beta and have been enjoying it, but I really spent a bulk of my time of R2 playing 8 player Co-op and am disappointed its not in 3.

Top Bottom