• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Day one for me but also a little worried about the late embargo but I suppose I can understand Insomniac wanting the journo's to soak in the game after the patch before they put pen to paper.

Trying to keep my expectations in check though, was hoping for environments based on Chimeran architecture but that looks doubtful tbh, but still, cool weapons and a weapon wheel to juggle them in perks me up some.

highrider

Banned
pre-ordered and pre-paid. on the strength of the previous two games ( i actually didn't think r2 sucked ), i'm looking forward to some singleplayer goodness. the return of the weapon wheel and health pickups is the right call. getting a wonderful half life/halo vibe from the vids.

highrider

Banned
jstevenson said:
And just my own personal (heavily biased) hype:

We've been working on this thing for three years. Yesterday I took it home, fired it up on Difficult and had an awesome time for nearly three hours - despite playing these levels SO many times (especially in the last year) - I really feel like the weapon wheel, the more open spaces, and lack of regenerating health - it just makes the moment to moment stuff so tactical in weapon choice, approach/flanking, etc.

I'm having a blast, and I have played this game so many times. Makes me very hopeful that ya'll will like it a lot :)

the reason i buy insomniac games day 1 is because of the way the company represents itself, and they make great games. i admire your willingness to stand behind your game and face the music on what can be a tough audience.

Satchel

Banned
Looking forward to this.

MASSIVE fan of the first game, and while the second wasn't quite as good, I still liked it a lot.

Need to go back to the second actually to claim more trophies.

Ashes

Banned
For uk gaf:

Just saw a pre-order special offer from hmv:
Get resistance 3 + battlefield Los Angeles = £39.99

patsu

BobTheFork said:
I haven't played since the beta went public, did they restart the characters? Really wish I could have played more but I finally have a real job, so I've been hitting that pretty hard. I think I'm going to have to get into some action tonight though, I can't miss a double finger taunt.

Where is efertlisdotcom ?

patsu said:
Where is efertlisdotcom ?
He's been on some. He, like me, has a job now so he's been busy. However, I don't want to talk for him but I don't think he'll be getting the game. He, M3, and kittonwy basically swore off the game after R2. They haven't played it but they don't seem to want to, so I don't know who I'll be playing with :p

patsu

Ah, I remember I owe him a Logitech keyboard for PS3. ^_^

My buddy works there and gives freebies to me. But I haven't visited him since we last met.

Edit: I'll send you the Gaf chatroom link.

jackdoe

Just had a chance to try the beta. Was not impressed, but I never bought the Resistance games for their MP anyway. Hopefully, the SP isn't as blurry as the MP beta though, because the sub 720p definitely shows.

How do you combat players with shields at low levels? Just started btw...

And while I was originally digging the fact that it was smaller maps and 8v8, now I'm not so sure. The snipers are out in full force, throwing up shields and just shooting down at the chokehold areas in the map. Sniping seems even worse because the maps are so small.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
CartridgeBlower said:

And while I was originally digging the fact that it was smaller maps and 8v8, now I'm not so sure. The snipers are out in full force, throwing up shields and just shooting down at the chokehold areas in the map. Sniping seems even worse because the maps are so small.

Well don't fight a shield guy, just run away and flank him.

Loudninja

CartridgeBlower said:

What shield are you talkign about?In the final game the emp grenade disables the shields among other things.Its really easy to get to the snipers the way the map is design.If you dont like any of that stuff you can always go for the Classic mode :)

patsu

Heh heh, was frustrated before too. In the final game, there is EMP grenade for disabling shields and other abilities. Other high level abilities like turret would help too.

At low level, I used to avoid shields and go hunt somewhere else.

If you want to stay and fight...
The shield takes damage, regular shooting would work but it can survive 1-2 grenade throw. So gang up and fight. Don't go solo.

I also use Leaper Corpse to counter shields. They are good at breaking shields but the ability is activated only after you die.

Edit: beaten

Or like me, play the no perks mode in the final game !

So 2.05 seemed to fix framerate and lag issues but now, as previously noted, matchmaking isn't working for me. Oh well, good thing this is beta. Hopefully they work all the kinks out by next week.

Loudninja

I think the game will has 12 maps.
Thanks again for all of your help testing the beta, we hope you enjoy playing the R3 Beta and are looking forward to the full game’s release (along with the 10 additional maps in the retail game) next week.

Cudder

Managed to get 1.5 games in the beta, I dug it from what I played, definitely better than the clusterfuck called Resistance 2 online.

still aint better than R1 though

Kambing

Bravo on the OT Loudninja and Pliskin(?).

Had a few games with pwon and was kicking ass, doing GAF proud LOL. I think this game will kick ass man.

patsu

Just to be sure, Kambing, you are Kesucian right ?

I saw BobTheFork today. Was on his team. His game was tough ! Some of the enemies are very good. And one or two had the Atomizer. I still love my Bullseye. 8^(

Oi!

Is the sound mix for this in the final as low as it is in the Beta?
It's like REALLY low!
Have to turn my receiver way up. Thankfully, the sound design is good when the volume is up anyway...

Done! (Last night)

Not tried the multiplayer but SP alone I'd give a personal score of 10.

Hope it at least gets 9's.

Huge step up from previous 2, well done! :)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Just had a good MP session. Topped every match with a killer k/d. Damn the Marksman is so so good, especially with all the upgrades.

Loudninja

betty swollocks said:
Done! (Last night)

Not tried the multiplayer but SP alone I'd give a personal score of 10.

Hope it at least gets 9's.

Huge step up from previous 2, well done! :)
How long it took ya?

Can't remember exactly sorry; was switching between this and Deusex.

I def. didn't feel short changed. It was long enough without feeling too long /short and more than good enough to want to try it again in the future on harder settings (played on normal).

Loudninja

betty swollocks said:
Can't remember exactly sorry; was switching between this and Deusex.

I def. didn't feel short changed. It was long enough without feeling too long /short and more than good enough to want to try it again in the future on harder settings (played on normal).
Nice thats the way it should be.

NBtoaster

No beta for non-US? :(

I'm curious how the co-op will be handled. Is it just like Resistance 1 when you are joined by someone who for some unexplained reason has all the same abilities as you, and never appears in the cutscenes?

Number45

NBtoaster said:

I'm curious how the co-op will be handled. Is it just like Resistance 1 when you are joined by someone who for some unexplained reason has all the same abilities as you, and never appears in the cutscenes?
Does Capelli have the same characteristics as Hale in this?

darkwing

Melchiah said:
Just pre-ordered the special edition for 43,40€ (inc. P&P).

pI7PC.jpg

For fellow Finns here, you can get it at that price from http://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/45767/crchf/Resistance-3 . Bear in mind, that it's a limited edition.

this is not available in NA?

NBtoaster said:

I'm pretty sure i'm playing it.. in europe. But i think it was an american code.

Edit: When is the demo out? This thursday?

Top Bottom