• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance 3 |OT| You ARE the Resistance

Anyone think the Doomsday Edition is worth getting? $150 for all that gear. Unsure if it's a good deal (Haven't ever used Move or the Sharpshooter peripheral... dunno if I should go all out).

Probably will just grab the regular one.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Radec said:
RESIST

nice touch.

- -

How long do I have to play the beta (aug30 - sept 4) to get the bonuses?

Haven't played the beta for like 2 weeks now.

you should jump back in, running better now, level cap increased etc :)

If you play for a bit and make sure you get a few rounds of stats in, you should be good

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
Anyone think the Doomsday Edition is worth getting? $150 for all that gear. Unsure if it's a good deal (Haven't ever used Move or the Sharpshooter peripheral... dunno if I should go all out).

Probably will just grab the regular one.

Just got a few in the office, it's pretty slick in that you get a $60 game, plus all the move gear (80 bucks?), plus the sharpshooter which is like 40 bucks separately. Definitely an economical deal.

I like playing our game with move a lot. But both Move and Dual shock are great

An-Det

I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I want to replay the first two games first if I can. It's been a long time since I played the first, and I dont think I ever finished 2, but I'll absolutely play 3 when I can.

Pikma

Banned
I.Can't.Wait. :D
Also, thanks to JStevenson for being so helpful, for giving extra Beta codes for some of us, for answering all the questions he could here on GAF, and most of all, for being part of this awesome game. :p

patsu

Achtius said:
hmmm. the beta isn't in the store yet, I guess Grace Chen only update when she feels like.

She might be busy whipping the server dudes. They probably need more/bigger-est beta servers for the mob.

The pessimistic side of me thinks the beta servers will choke for the first few days.

Thrakier

jstevenson said:
I like playing our game with move a lot. But both Move and Dual shock are great

Any chance of you guys patching in an unlock for the move perspective so you can use the same perspective as DSIII users? What was the point chossing this perspective anyway?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Had this pre-ordered on Amazon for a good month or so; I didn't realize it was coming out so soon. Looking forward to it, as I loved the first two.

I'm bummed that the 8 player co-op is gone, because I was so addicted to it in R2, but I actually enjoyed what little I played of the beta, and may be willing to give competitive MP a shot in R3.

It's looking awesome! I'm always down for an Insomniac game, though!

thuway

There is so much love put into this game. I will order based on just that. Fuck technical scores, and damn internet criticism.

I just want to say Insomniac, than you for all the Ratchet games, and for Resistance 1. I'm not into R2, and I could really care less for Overstrike, but you made owning a Playstation that much better. :)

patsu

JB1981 said:
Classic mode is a neat addition but it isn't really classic mode if it doesn't have weapon pick-ups. :(

Would like to see what weapons the hardcore mode starts with. Will the game let us play with an equally loaded weapon wheel for everyone ?

I don't really need exact classic mode because pick-up points can be hogged up by the other team.

I´m about to finish 2. Kinda hard for me really, because imo Fall of Man was better in every way....for me that is. But I´m holding on because I want to play part 3. I tried the demo at Gamescom and it was really great. But then again, the early demo ( boat level ) was kinda meh. I don´t know what to expect. Fingers crossed

Xater

Just tried out the MP beta. I am not feeling this game at all. The entire experience just doesn't feel as "responsive" as I like my MP shooters to be. The terrible sub-HD graphics do the rest. I really can't play anything that looks like someone smeared vaseline all over my screen. maybe I'll get it for a bargain bin price just to see the single player story.

Ploid 3.0

Wow I didn't know the game would be out so soon. I kinda stopped keeping up with games. Deus Ex, and other games as well.

spats

I beat R1 a while ago and it holds up really well IMO. This seems like a cool sequel but I just don't know... will wait for GAF impressions.

Oh and that tagline in the thread name is so bad that it makes me angry.

test_account

XP-39C²
jstevenson said:
you should jump back in, running better now, level cap increased etc :)

If you play for a bit and make sure you get a few rounds of stats in, you should be good
What are these bonuses? I didnt touch the beta nor the single player demo since i was to go "fresh in" when i get the full game.

batbeg

spats said:
I beat R1 a while ago and it holds up really well IMO. This seems like a cool sequel but I just don't know... will wait for GAF impressions.

Oh and that tagline in the thread name is so bad that it makes me angry.
I assumed it was a play on the vagrant story reinforcements line... peobably not though.

What's the best preorder bonus for this? I was planning on doing It through Gamestop.

njean777

8dz8O.jpg

claimed, can not wait for this game

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
batbeg said:
What's the best preorder bonus for this? I was planning on doing It through Gamestop.

Some necklace and a multiplayer code that will allow you to begin at Rank Level 5.

Amazon's preorder is the air fuel grenade (for SP only I suppose) but I got it there for the cheap ass release day delivery.

Pikma

Banned
darkwing said:
so is there a GAF clan?
Yup, are you in the GAF Chatroom? if not, I can add you if you want.

thuway said:
Any reviews coming in?
Not yet, since IG wanted the press to review the game with the day one patch already working. The sooner they'll start appearing is 9/06-9/07.

Is it me or are other people get bad framerates and lag in the beta? It locked up on me halfway through a match and had to shut off the PS3.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome OP, Loudninja. I'm super pumped for this game. Can't wait to get some games in with Gaffers. I'm also really excited for the campaign.

Tallshortman said:
Is it me or are other people get bad framerates and lag in the beta? It locked up on me halfway through a match and had to shut off the PS3.
Yeah that happened to me once, I always hate when I have to turn my PS3 off that way.

patsu

Tallshortman said:

Yes, lag can be bad sometimes... especially after the Atomizer got added in. Was told they wanted to test weapons that are most likely to cause lags, so that they can fix it for the production servers. Will see how it goes.

Crashes should be pretty rare these days. Report problem to jstevenson or the beta forum.

patsu said:
Yes, lag can be bad sometimes... especially after the Atomizer got added in. Was told they wanted to test weapons that are most likely to cause lags, so that they can fix it for the production servers. Will see how it goes.

Crashes should be pretty rare these days. Report problem to jstevenson or the beta forum.

Okay, hopefully it's fixed since I plan to play the competitive multiplayer. Was worried my PS3 was dying or something.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
patsu said:

2.05 should fix crashes, some lag, and flying players

Atomizer may be causing lag, we will address for the final game most likely.

I can't wait. Despite thinking R1 did some things better, I still enjoyed the hell out of R2's single player. Didn't really spend too much time with the multi in either title but I think I'll give it a shot again this time.

Can't wait to see where the story goes. I love the Resistance world, though I am going to miss Hale.

JB1981

i had to remove loudninja from ignore list to view the op. on the fence about this game. i may rent for SP. Not feeling the MP.

patsu

I never ask. I should just add you to the chatroom so you can organize games yourself. We meet quite regularly in the chatroom during the closed beta. That way we don't need to have each other on our friends list. Mine is full.

What is your PSN Id ?

Dragon

Banned
JB1981 said:
i had to remove loudninja from ignore list to view the op. on the fence about this game. i may rent for SP. Not feeling the MP.

Dude don't hate on the ninja. I remember posting with him on the gamefaqs PS3 board four years ago.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JB1981 said:
so you had the ninja....

....on mute

YEAHHHHHHHH

Loudninja

JB1981 said:
Aww you on my ignore list too, i guess we go that in common.

Top Bottom