• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Dinjooh

iGe7MMc3LWbP9.png

ibr99EgAVYa9wj.png

ibczMEbhIumG8m.png

RESOGUN is a new exclusive PS4 shoot ‘em up from the same team that brought you Super Stardust HD, Super Stardust Delta and Dead Nation. Unleash an explosive array of devastating weapons to obliterate hordes of ruthless enemies while making sure you rescue the last survivors and keep your multiplier going! Experience the most intense destruction ever, as the power of PlayStation®4 renders all enemies and levels using hundred of thousands of individual voxels that blow up in real time as you battle your way through.

Push yourself to the limits trying to climb the global leaderboards for each game mode and difficulty setting. Join forces with your friends online and show off your skills in action packed co-op multiplayer. Welcome to RESOGUN… the most insanely intensive, ultra-responsive, fully HD, 60FPS shoot ‘em up, only on PS4!

Also voxels.
iUXvviGxOyojY.png

iFpxpJJUOmouA.png

Destructoid

Resogun looks great with its sharp edges and its eye popping lighting effects. One of the coolest visual aspects is that the game's world is made up of little cubes. Its fully destructible environment has stray fire busting up walls and flooring. They all do this neat thing where they kind of disintegrate and fall downward

IGN
[...]after playing it a few times, it quickly became clear that this game has the potential to suck scores of hours from your life, just like the Housemarque arcade shooters that came before it.

Eurogamer
we're really excited about is Housemarque's Resogun, the Finnish developer's "spritual sequel" to the Super Stardust games. It's an old-school shmup with a wraparound twist and some stunning voxel-based spectacle - all running at 1080p60, naturally, and free to PlayStation Plus subscribers at launch.

GameInformer

When you rescue civilians that are scattered across the levels you gain more ammo for your special weapons. However, enemy ships will try to get to these people first, so you have to be fast. After fighting off waves of enemies for a few minutes a screen sized boss showed up and smashed my ship to pieces.

icXL9g97i1mW6.png

Destructoid | 9.5
IGN | 9.0
CVG | 9.0
Everyeye.it | 8.5
Gametrailers | 8.1
Eurogamer | 8.0
Joystiq | 8.0

ibgQD0yahAVZBl.png

3Pe9.gif

imhwRZ6WuW5cw.png

jwk94

This thread made me realize that we still don't have the exact (non ps+) price for RESOGUN.

Anyway, fantastic OP, OP. Can't wait for the voxels!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Excellent OP, well done!

Cant wait for this. LOVED Stardust on PS3 and Vita. I wanna get competitive on the leaderboards with this

lunlunqq

This thread made me realize that we still don't have the exact (non ps+) price for RESOGUN.

It's basically FREE for every new PS4 owners now because of the free 30 day of PS+ trial included in EVERY PS4 box. Well for NA at least. So no need to worry about pricing.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Housemarque's signature eye candy + awesome gameplay will be very welcome on my new home theater.

I don't think you're getting all the benfits of PS4 without PS+, it's a no-brainer for me because of all the free games you get, accumulative.

Jeff-DSA

They've said that it's heavily influenced by Defender, which is great. I kind of see this as the Pac-Man Championship Editioning of Defender. Hype.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Beautiful.

Will be downloading this as I play Killzone. Probably the 2nd game I'll play for PS4.

daveo42

Banned
Damn...another fantastic OT for the start of a new gen. Won't be the first game played, but I'll be putting a lot of time into this one come launch day. Good job OP!

I think during one of the streams they said it would be $10-$15 once it's no longer part of IGC.

This looks like a really fun good looking game. Those effects are incredible to watch on compressed Youtube videos so I'm betting they will look incredible on my TV

LCfiner

Certainly my most anticipated digital release this launch.

I've never been great at twitch shooters but I still liked Geo Wars and Super Stardust a bunch so I'm really excited about this one. the style and the show-offy tech looks great.

Top Bottom