• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RESOGUN |OT| It's about kicking ass, and voxels

Kakulin

Banned
Looking for Resogun online players. Add me on PSN (Kakulin) for coop multiplayer. US east coast. Send msg that u from GAF. :-D

Fhtagn

I bought my ps4 for Bloodborne but had I known how much I'd like Resogun, I'd have bought it much sooner.

So far I've cleared all stages in Rookie and all but the last in Experienced. Rescued all humans on stages 1-3 and am starting to make use of boost to attack when the screen is dense instead of just as an "oh shit!" last second escape. I haven't read up on strategy yet, been enjoying figuring out my own for each stage. Mostly playing in single stage mode but I'd like to attempt a 1cc after another couple dozen hours of play...

Forgot all about this game, but decided to give the Vita version a go... Wish I hadn't, it's nice and all, BUT it seems to play so slow, maybe that's just my brain being too used to the PS4 version but my timings were all off with the portable version.

Forgot all about this game, but decided to give the Vita version a go... Wish I hadn't, it's nice and all, BUT it seems to play so slow, maybe that's just my brain being too used to the PS4 version but my timings were all off with the portable version.

Haha, I've been remote-playing the PS4 version in bed recently, and on a whim I decided "I'll try the native Vita version!" Uninstalled it pretty quick, not worth it. It's like a shell of the game

I'm completely dumbfounded when I read people saying this game is an easy plat etc.

I'm sitting here dying over and over on the last level on experienced. I haven't even attempted veteran (or master) yet.

I must be doing something wrong because this game just seems way too hard.

Number45

I'm completely dumbfounded when I read people saying this game is an easy plat etc.

I'm sitting here dying over and over on the last level on experienced. I haven't even attempted veteran (or master) yet.

Have you tried all of the ships?

Melchiah

It seemed that way to me at first as well, but eventually I mastered it via practise. It took me 1 month and 1 week to platinum the game. You also need to memorize the waves, and keep low at certain points in Mefitis, IIRC. Save the bombs for those times when you're completely overwhelmed, and use boost to destroy the more formidable foes. I usually tried to save the boost charge for those situations, when I need to make a quick escape. You can also boost underneath the final boss during its last phase, where you're safe from its firing. I used Nemesis to platinum the game, but it's not the best ship against the bosses. Its boost and homing missiles are good against the lesser enemies though.

EDIT: The trophy for completing a level on master is pretty easy once you've cleared all the levels on veteran.

Number45

I actually beat it before :D Using the standard ship.

I'm doing it again now with the strong one and it doesn't seem any easier. No idea how I'm ever going to do veteran, or experienced with no game overs D:
The strong ship doesn't make the game easier, but it does make it easier to get big scores. The ship with the homing weapons (Nemesis? It's been a while) I found the easiest to get going with, but once used to the mechanics moving over to the powerful one (Viper?) made sense.

If you use any of of the ships enough you'll learn to adapt to its weaknesses and strengths. I'm not great at games like this at all (as my place on the leader boards will probably testify) but I agree with the assertion that it's a pretty straightforward platinum.

K got the plat. Lol.

Ended up quitting with the 'powerful' ship and just doing it on easy for that trophy.

Did veteran with the speedy one and it was pretty easy, and level 1 on master was crazy easy.

15x multiplier was frustrating, took about 5 tries with the level 3 boss method.

Completing the game without dying wasn't too bad, did it co-op with a friend which made it more manageable, took 3 or 4 tries.

Well, onto the DLC!

Melchiah

K got the plat. Lol.

Ended up quitting with the 'powerful' ship and just doing it on easy for that trophy.

Did veteran with the speedy one and it was pretty easy, and level 1 on master was crazy easy.

15x multiplier was frustrating, took about 5 tries with the level 3 boss method.

Completing the game without dying wasn't too bad, did it co-op with a friend which made it more manageable, took 3 or 4 tries.

Well, onto the DLC!

Congrats. Yeah, level 1 on master is easy after the veteran run. and the 15x multiplier was by far the hardest thing for me. I got the 1CC trophy by completing the arcade mode solo though.

Stantron

I was able to get a good run in on the weekly challenge #10 yesterday.
Ended up being top 20 on the leaderboard at the time.
Fun times. There's definitely room for improvement
HERE is a video of the run.

It took me a month, but I finally got the #1 score on Commando solo with 107 mil:

gu72jfQ.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkThvzMj2Qg

NOW I can go play some other games, lol.

This has been my "go to" game since I got my PS4 a few months ago. It's so incredibly well-done and fun to play. I still find myself playing it when I just want to game for ~half an hour or so. It's easily the best current-gen PS4-exclusive so far.

I want to get in a top 10 position on one of the leaderboards. I'm not there yet, but this is at least something ;b My best position so far (last level on the second hardest difficulty; I'm doing good on the highest difficulty too but I'm not quite as high on the leaderboard there as on this difficulty).

Man I think I fucked myself on the "You have recovered" trophy. I didnt know what it even meant until I read up on it. Now I have this huge score in survival and I dont think I'm ever gonna beat it.

Also, I tried to get this doing co op with my friend, and we managed to crush our previous score (202mil) with something like 303mil and I saw my statue rise up and i was touching it, nothing happened.

Is there anyway you can reset this?

Man I think I fucked myself on the "You have recovered" trophy. I didnt know what it even meant until I read up on it. Now I have this huge score in survival and I dont think I'm ever gonna beat it.

Also, I tried to get this doing co op with my friend, and we managed to crush our previous score (202mil) with something like 303mil and I saw my statue rise up and i was touching it, nothing happened.

Is there anyway you can reset this?

I THINK it's possible to keep killing yourself over and over to make the fallen hero appear faster. I was watching a stream of the top Survival player doing this and I believe it worked. You can tell if it worked by watching the %. If you notice it's going up quicker than normal, then it's working. Worth a shot!

I've been playing nothing but Commando ever since it came out. LOVE that mode. I've been #1 for a few months now but that hasn't stopped me from playing over and over.

...Which lead to last night, where I beat my previous record and now have 209 million. This is solo, btw. (Espanajeff is my name on the leaderboards). Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNWpIWHevew

I died at phase 48.

If you didn't know, when you beat the first 20 waves, it loops over into Hero Mode. This is where every time you kill an enemy, a revenge bullet flies out towards you. This is waves 21-40.

When you beat wave 40, it goes into "super" Hero Mode (not the official name, just something the small community of Resogun came up with). During "Super" Hero Mode, every time you kill an enemy, 3 revenge bullets shoot at you. Shit gets intense quick.

If you don't have Resogun yet, do yourself a favor and BUY IT! As well as the season pass. The best PS4 game I've played and put the most hours into.

I THINK it's possible to keep killing yourself over and over to make the fallen hero appear faster. I was watching a stream of the top Survival player doing this and I believe it worked. You can tell if it worked by watching the %. If you notice it's going up quicker than normal, then it's working. Worth a shot!

Thanks man this seemed to work! Was able to pick it up no problem after a few deaths.

Back to playing Resogun now on ps3 to get another platinum.

I dont remember having this much trouble with veteran mefitis tho.

Anyone wanna help me out doing this co-op?

This game hold up? Got a PS4 recently, and got Alienation. This is catching my eye too

Oh, and seriously, the voxel tech here + a top-down shooter like Alienation and Dead Nation would be amazing. Just imagine the satisfaction of literally blasting enemies to pieces with a shotgun, or the environment crumbling

Melchiah

This game hold up? Got a PS4 recently, and got Alienation. This is catching my eye too

Oh, and seriously, the voxel tech here + a top-down shooter like Alienation and Dead Nation would be amazing. Just imagine the satisfaction of literally blasting enemies to pieces with a shotgun, or the environment crumbling

Very much so. I still play the game every week for the weekly challenges. The season pass also brings new modes, like Protector and Survivor, which are fun to play.

Yeah, it's amazing. I still play it every once in a while. It's a nice pick-up-and-play kind of game.

Top Bottom