• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETARDED LIE DAY ALERT: Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition for PS3/360?

Dot50Cal

Banned
:lol

Oh well, its been fun guys. I turned myself in to Dragona Akehi, so I guess this will be my last post.

Yes, the videos are fake, as are the boxarts. There is no Resident Evil Classic Edition. Sorry if we disappointed anyone. We really didn't mean for this to get as big as it did, we're mostly a small knit community with a couple dozen active users. We're known for pulling April fools jokes a few days in advance so most of the regulars knew what was up. Things sort of spiraled out of control when a thread popped up on Neogaf and then the Capcom BBS. Our goal wasn't to promote the site, or cause distress to people. We just wanted to play a little joke like we do every year, but new advances in modding/hacking over the past year left us with a golden opportunity. The announcement of Biohazard 0 Wii Edition also helped, as that seemed to be fake when it was initially announced as well. So people were more open to the idea of a port. So to anyone whos upset, I'm sorry. We really didn't want to cause you any personal distress. As an apology, we're working hard on the translation for the Biohazard 5 interview from Famitsu's 25th Anniversary Capcom DVD. All 14 minutes of the interview will be translated and then subtitled. Additionally, I'll be posting the raw captured recordings of the Classic Edition videos for you quality freaks.

Anyway, its been fun here, but I guess my time is up. Thanks for all the laughs (Crushed especially, great joke character). All the best guys!

Redd

I wanted to believe so much too. Figured it was fake though now maybe if anyone wants to play Resident Evil 4(you should) and hasn't yet there's many ways you can. To bad for Xbox/360 only users but there can't be to many of them anyway.

Zenith

Banned
CRUCIFY HIM.

If you didn't want it getting out of control why did you spend 10 pages on this board defending it as real and attacking people who said it was fake?

Dot50Cal

Banned
Zenith said:
CRUCIFY HIM.

If you didn't want it getting out of control why did you spend 10 pages on this board defending it as real and attacking people who said it was fake?

I was merely pointing out mis-information in how the hack was done. Anyway, sorry you got so upset over it. You should learn to temper your expectations, especially around this time of the year, and especially when the evidence is astounding that its fake. I even left breadcrumbs for you guys. Check out the second video again, I didn't even edit out the Gamecube button when Leon enters the first door.

Redd

I'm not mad at you dot50cal it's so close to April Fools anyway it had to be fake. Besides anybody who wanted to play Resident Evil 4 can by playing the GC, PS2, Wii, and PC versions. Unless you're an Xbox/360 only user there's no excuse.

Zenith

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
You should learn to temper your expectations, especially around this time of the year,

You mean the 25th of March? That's when you started pushing this rumour.

edit: nice title change but no ban? He even advertised his second batch of videos in this thread.

[Nintex]

What are the chances that Capcom will do this anyway?
99%, there is even a mobile phone version, wtf Capcom:lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wait, why is Dot50cal leaving? He is always great in like capturing shots of stuff and so on....I hope you're just leaving the thread and not the forum.

So what, it's a hoax. We've been had. Sux. Move on.

edit: aww banned oh well

Zenith said:
You mean the 25th of March? That's when you started pushing this rumour.

edit: nice title change but no ban? He even advertised his second batch of videos in this thread.

I'm amazed that some people can't understand that it's April Fools Day, not April Fool's month, or April Fool's week.

You don't get to post bullshit for an indefinite amount of time before and after the 'holiday'.

Scotch

Dot50Cal
Banned
failedrabonazy.gif

The fact that guys from Capcom shot down this BS rumor on day 1 and people still chose to believe it blows my fucking mind. If anyone is disappointed by this, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Sule said:
So... people actually believed this?
Capcom ports a lot of games and it's RESIDENT EVIL 4. Does anything more need to be said? Most know it was bs but was still holding out on a small hope that it was real. If RE5 is coming in 2009, an RE4 for 360/PS3+RE5 demo would be a perfect choice.

YYZ said:
Why was dot50cal banned if he didn't bring this to NeoGAF?

He propagated the rumor.

the_zombie_luke said:
Capcom ports a lot of games and it's RESIDENT EVIL 4.

But, they vehemently denied the rumor as soon as they heard it, and I mean vehemently. It was obvious that this was BS from the start.

Mamesj

Banned
Sule said:
So... people actually believed this?

even after Capcom vehemently denied it.

*cue: "well they denied blah blah blah in the past and blah blah b--*

no, shut up, you're dumb.

Aggelos

solid2snake said:
but he can't post it anymore, GAF's ninjas did their job.

I know he's gone...
But as a reward to all the mental suffering that the gaffers sustained in this thread, someone should rip and post the Takeuchi interview!...:D

Aggelos said:
I know he's gone...
But as a reward to all the mental suffering that the gaffers sustained in this thread, someone should rip and post the Takeuchi interview!...:D

if something important like the interviews goes online, other sides like kotaku should have it ;)

Aggelos

Zenith said:
He says it's a one day ban only.

The truth is it ain't funny at all, to mess with human being's desires...
For instance if this hoax was about a potential Ace Combat 6 PS3 version, I would have absolutely got furious, as the afore-mentioned game is a very desirable game of mine.....
Thus I can fathom all the gaffers here who believed that this is true.
It ain't funny...

Top Bottom