• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETARDED LIE DAY ALERT: Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition for PS3/360?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Ok, this was obviously fake from the beginning, but come on guys, asking for a perma-ban? bloody hell. Yes I think the meaning of April-fools day was stretched a bit here, but come on, someone takes the effort to create an elaborate yet fairly obvious hoax and the pitchforks come out? After all we have to endure these things from the printed media due to publishing constraints all the time.

Get a grip people.

*edit* Fair play Dragona, at least Dot50Cal had the decency to come forth once he realised how bad it could have become.

Aggelos said:
The truth is it ain't funny at all, to mess with human being's desires...
For instance if this hoax was about a potential Ace Combat 6 PS3 version, I would have absolutely got furious, as the afore-mentioned game is a very desirable game of mine.....
Thus I can fathom all the gaffers here who believed that this is true.
It ain't funny...

It's Resi 4 damnit, it has been on 4 different platforms now, remember this was one of a supposed set of "exclusives" for GameCube, and being honest, I wouldn't be suprised to see a remake of at least one of the Resi series for 360 or PS3. I think thats why some people latched onto the idea, not believing it maybe, but wanting it to happen, big difference.

b4g2md.gif

I knew it was fake from the first page. The "cellphone pic" was blurred using radial blur, obviously Photoshopped.

Zenith

Banned
*edit* Fair play Dragona, at least Dot50Cal had the decency to come forth once he realised how bad it could have become.

Only after he saw the "retarded lie day" announcement. He would have happily continued pushing his bullshit here if he thought he wouldn't have been banned. No selfless motives there.

Zenith said:
Only after he saw the "retarded lie day" announcement. He would have happily continued pushing his bullshit here if he thought he wouldn't have been banned. No selfless motives there.

Normally we have an "April Fool = Get Banned" warning around March 20. We forgot about it, hence my amnesty, since he turned himself in.

Aggelos

Death_Born said:
b4g2md.gif

I knew it was fake from the first page. The "cellphone pic" was blurred using radial blur, obviously Photoshopped.

Actually this is irrelevent to neoGAF's humour, but what do ya say about this one?
Stefanidis_7.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Aggelos said:
Actually this is irrelevent to neoGAF's humour, but what do ya say about this one?
Stefanidis_7.gif
Really would be better with a Post New Topic button on the ground and Bish's avatar as the floating head. But then what would I know.

Aggelos

Rez>You said:
Really would be better with a Post New Topic button on the ground and Bish's avatar as the floating head. But then what would I know.

Yes I know, that would be the appropriate one, but I am lazy to re-create another one.
I made this gif last year, I got the idea from that cat gif of neoGAF....

Grecco

Sho_Nuff82 said:
I'm amazed that some people can't understand that it's April Fools Day, not April Fool's month, or April Fool's week.

You don't get to post bullshit for an indefinite amount of time before and after the 'holiday'.

Just wanted to point out that most of the good april Fools internet jokes happen before April 1st. Since most people dont expect it.

This was why i was so sure this was a fake. Just like Marvel vs Capcom 3 a couple of years ago. Never Forget folks

voltron

Dragona Akehi said:
Only because he PMed me as soon as he saw the announcement posted. Otherwise, it would have been a very, very, VERY long ban.

Good.

As annoyed as I am the dude didnt bring it here.... he may have propagated the bullshit but the fact remains he didnt bring it here.

:lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry but I have to take Dot50cal, and by extension, Drag's side.

I'm very very happy you gullible forum nerds got owned by Dot, and I'm sure the mods enjoyed it too. The fact that he taught you guys a lesson - and YES, he taught you guys a valuable lesson - should tell you just how fanboyish and lacking of sanity/intelligence alot of you are.

Especially people like solidsnake, Draft, and some people I can't bother to spell....all of you justly got taught a lesson in how the REAL WORLD works. And as a side note, I like your posts Draft, as a fellow PC lover, but how does it feel to be at the receiving end of the crow-gun?? Oh I see, judging from your posts and the posts of your fellow believers, you cannot come to terms with the fact that it is you guys's entire fault in so easily falling for what anyone with half a noodle could tell it was fake. Especially with no other announcements in other sites [joystick, kotaku, 1up, etc etc, what have you], and no proof from Capcom itself.

Like seriously. calling for his permaban? wishing him to be hit by a car? :lol YOu guys are all fucking immature children, unable to admit your foolishness, because your e-pride got hurt, and your e-penis is at stake, what with all that tough talk.

:lol :lol

Xapati

laesperanzapaz said:
:lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry but I have to take Dot50cal, and by extension, Drag's side.

I'm very very happy you gullible forum nerds got owned by Dot, and I'm sure the mods enjoyed it too. The fact that he taught you guys a lesson - and YES, he taught you guys a valuable lesson - should tell you just how fanboyish and lacking of sanity/intelligence alot of you are.

Especially people like solidsnake, Draft, and some people I can't bother to spell....all of you justly got taught a lesson in how the REAL WORLD works. And as a side note, I like your posts Draft, as a fellow PC lover, but how does it feel to be at the receiving end of the crow-gun?? Oh I see, judging from your posts and the posts of your fellow believers, you cannot come to terms with the fact that it is you guys's entire fault in so easily falling for what anyone with half a noodle could tell it was fake. Especially with no other announcements in other sites [joystick, kotaku, 1up, etc etc, what have you], and no proof from Capcom itself.

Like seriously. calling for his permaban? wishing him to be hit by a car? :lol YOu guys are all fucking immature children, unable to admit your foolishness, because your e-pride got hurt, and your e-penis is at stake, what with all that tough talk.

:lol :lol

(neutral) laesperanzapaz
Banned
(Today, 11:49 AM)
Reply | Quote

:D

MisterHero

Will Capcom compensate Wii owners by allowing Leon in Smash Bros.

He'd be like Snake with the explosives, but do suplexes and such

MisterHero

randomwab said:
No pictures of Leon suplexing Dot? Shame on you GAF. Is he Perma-banned?
i was playing on the castle tower once (before or after the salazar statue, i forget) and i suplexed a cultist and in the background there was explosions going off and fireballs flying in the air and it was real epic

randomwab

I'm replaying Resi 4 on the GameCube at the minute, and I've had some epic moments. For example, six villagers all around Leon (so I couldn't even move) + Explosive Barrels + Throwing one grenade, then switching to the rocket launcher and hitting the barrels = EPIC! + slowdown ;_;

What exactly was this point of this whole thing?

I mean, why did someone feel the need to get the hopes up of a group of people, only to let them down? (I wasn't fooled but there would be many out there who were).

It's sick, not funny.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
_Alkaline_ said:
What exactly was this point of this whole thing?

I mean, why did someone feel the need to get the hopes up of a group of people, only to let them down? (I wasn't fooled but there would be many out there who were).

It's sick, not funny.

Guess thats the point about aprils fools. Many people dont like them. There are people who think its funny to swap sugar and salt in that bottle used for the coffee. And some people who dont. He put a looot of effort into that one. Seen the vid? Nice work.

Most fucking annoying Retarded Lie Day 'joke' in a long time for me. I say perma him regardless of the announcement oversight. You shouldn't need to be reminded not to be a retarded liar.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
MomoPufflet said:
Most fucking annoying Retarded Lie Day 'joke' in a long time for me. I say perma him regardless of the announcement oversight. You shouldn't need to be reminded not to be a retarded liar.

You know... April Fools has existed for so long. Weren't you expecting something akin to that in the days close to the 1st? Thankfully... this is the only thread that has cluttered GAF, so props to the mods for not allow havoc to be created with false announcements, but some of the guys in here are overreacting a tad bit.

Was Nintendo ON released around this same date?

Relix said:
You know... April Fools has existed for so long. Weren't you expecting something akin to that in the days close to the 1st? Thankfully... this is the only thread that has cluttered GAF, so props to the mods for not allow havoc to be created with false announcements, but some of the guys in here are overreacting a tad bit.

Was Nintendo ON released around this same date?

The rumour didn't start on April Fools though. It started a week before. Sure, most should have caught onto this, but it's not as forgivable as a joke that actually happened on April Fools.

Zenith

Banned
randomwab said:
Wow, calm down. It was just a joke.

A joke requires talent and skill in execution. People seem to be confusing it with just trying to annoy as many people as possible.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Let it not be said that Dragona Akehi is without mercy. Thanks for sparing my account.

Sorry to anyone whos still upset over this. I guess there will always be some people who get sucked in too much by April Fools jokes because of their desire to believe. Thankfully there's only been a few negative responses (seemingly from the same 3 people) and most users have been understanding and had a laugh about it. If anyone is interested, I have the two videos in direct feed up on our site for you to check out exactly how we did things, or just to see if you were right in how you said it was fake.

Death_Born said:

Thats actually not true, all I did was take a photo of my television while moving the camera :p The only editing was adding the yellow borders as most cellphones in the US are such poor quality that they mess colors up near borders.

Ramenman

So what, April Fools plus AGAIN the same "oh gawd I was so spying them I had to take a pic like really fast so it's all blurry and you guys see nothing" as everytime we get a spy-fake and some people still got sucked in ?

Seriously, the only ones you can be angry at are yourselves.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Can someone please some up the epic second wind this thread got? I lasted long enough to see the fake box art and read the dismissal of this as rubbish by the Capcom guys. Bailed out not long after that. Can't believe this thread got so big, and now I'm wondering what I missed.

OnPoint

Stop It said:
Ok, this was obviously fake from the beginning, but come on guys, asking for a perma-ban? bloody hell. Yes I think the meaning of April-fools day was stretched a bit here, but come on, someone takes the effort to create an elaborate yet fairly obvious hoax and the pitchforks come out?

resident_evil_4_rigell_001.jpg

Top Bottom