• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REZ infinite now out on PC, with full VR support, 20% discount at launch (19.99).

robotrock

Banned
Godbless the timing of this release because I legit just sold my psvr the other day so I could hop in on that oculus deal

Rez in VR is something no one should miss. Have fun PC players. I almost envy you for getting to try it for the first time.

For extra ass kickedness, try it with a Kor-FX rumble vest. You will literally feel the beats thumping in your chest.

photo-7.jpg

phrostb

Neo Member
(Mark from Enhance Games here) -- this is correct :)

hey mark someone already responded to my post on the steam forum but I was just wondering if you guys wanted to clarify. is there any benefit to having the trance vibrator vs. a regular playstation or xbox controller? also, i'm assuming there's no native steam controller support? other than that, thanks for bringing this game to pc. i don't own any consoles and was always disappointed that one of my favorite games was ps4 only :/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/636450/discussions/0/1471967615864453808/?tscn=1502293721

Compressed Steam Screenshots don't do it justice, but I've got it cranked to 250% Rendering Resolution with 8x MSAA. It runs 1080/60 on my 1080ti and i7-4770k. Haven't tried it on my Vive, but I imagine I'll need to set some time aside for it.

Rez in VR is something no one should miss. Have fun PC players. I almost envy you for getting to try it for the first time.

For extra ass kickedness, try it with a Kor-FX rumble vest. You will literally feel the beats thumping in your chest.

photo-7.jpg

This is the thing I wanna build, but with sleeves. I think it'd be real cool with Rez in VR. It'd need to be natively supported, though.

Dyle

Man what a good year it's been for surprise PC ports. Bayonetta, Vanquish, and now Rez. Looking forward to hearing more about it on the next 8-4 Play

MarkMacD

hey mark someone already responded to my post on the steam forum but I was just wondering if you guys wanted to clarify. is there any benefit to having the trance vibrator vs. a regular playstation or xbox controller? also, i'm assuming there's no native steam controller support? other than that, thanks for bringing this game to pc. i don't own any consoles and was always disappointed that one of my favorite games was ps4 only :/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/636450/discussions/0/1471967615864453808/?tscn=1502293721

Thanks to -you-!

And yep, native Steam controller support.

It doesn't work with the actual old Trance Vibrator, but will do the same "Trance Vibration" deal with the option enabled and any vibration-enabled controller connected (and they can be wireless for putting....wherever you like : )

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Digital Foundry also said the enhanced image quality and extra down sampling results in a cleaner experience. Area X at 90 hertz provides improved visual and fluidity over the PSVR version. Glad to see this game is pushed beyond the PSVR limit on the PC version.

As much as I hate Area X being locked behind some campaign progression, it really does make you appreciate it more after playing a bunch of the original version. It was a pretty amazing experience.

Dartastic

(Mark from Enhance Games here) -- this is correct :)
Oh hi Mark. Thank you for this. Super glad I get the ability to play this in VR now. :)

Also, for a game that didn't do super well when it was released on Dreamcast, you guys sure have gotten me to buy this game a lot... haha. Also, if there's ever a Rez 2... PC w/Oculus support immediately, please.

Paragon

EDIT: The game now pillarboxes correctly on ultrawide displays.

Ultrawide is extra-broken compared to most other games.
Rez Classic is horizontally stretched, and both Rez Classic/Area X are offset vertically so there's a big black band across the bottom of the screen.
Screenshots don't show this vertical offset.
I wish that was something DigitalFoundry covered in their port reports, even if it's just using a custom 3440x1440 resolution.

Looks like this:
rez-ultrawidehisqg.png

Compared to 16:9
rez169a7stm.png

(note: I just edited the ultrawide screenshot for this example)

EDIT: It's even worse than I thought.
"Fullscreen" in the game is borderless windowed mode.
So if you select a 16:9 resolution like 2560x1440 you see your desktop at the sides. It doesn't pillarbox the game.

phorrest

Neo Member
Anyone else get an error trying to redeem their Steam code from iam8bit? Telling me it was already used.

I'm having the same problem. Sending everybody the same Steam key wouldn't surprise me with iam8bit. The last five of my steam key are VLX6L for comparison.

sueil

14188x7482 is not 16K ಠ_ಠ

But whatevs. Crazy resolution is crazy.

No they cover that in the video. Their capture gear wouldn't go any higher than 14188. The game went all the way to 16k but they couldn't capture it. Any higher than 16k and it would just not work all together.

phrostb

Neo Member
Thanks to -you-!

It doesn't work with the actual old Trance Vibrator, but will do the same "Trance Vibration" deal with the option enabled and any vibration-enabled controller connected (and they can be wireless for putting....wherever you like : )

thanks for the reply... let's just say theoretically that it did support the old USB trance vibrator. i'm assuming there would be no advantage compared to a controller right? also really stoked to hear about the native steam controller support. i feel like this is one of those games that would be perfect for it. can't wait to try it when i get home

Thanks to -you-!

Is it XInput only for the controller vibration? Ideally I want to build my own hacked together Synesthesia Suit.

NEO0MJ

Gah. I'm waiting for the second generation of VR headsets before buying anything but I've been waiting to play this for ages.

Bought it on PS4. Still haven't played Area X because I want to play it in VR for my first experience.

Bought the PC version just to have it and be able to play with any controller I feel like.

Paragon

EDIT: The game now pillarboxes correctly on ultrawide displays.

"Fullscreen" mode is borderless windowed mode, not fullscreen borderless; i.e. pillarboxed, or true fullscreen exclusive mode.
So you can see your desktop behind the game if you use a 16:9 resolution on an ultrawide display to avoid stretching the image.

rezoo2lsln.png

(click for full size)

I can't get the game to run. It just shows a black window and the in-game mouse pointer flashes on and off. Anybody else having any issues like that?

Top Bottom