• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

REZ infinite now out on PC, with full VR support, 20% discount at launch (19.99).

louiedog

Does anyone know if one could go get the PS2 Trance Vibrator and have it work? >_> asking for a friend

Is your friend working on a crossover between Twitch Plays and My Free Cams?

I think it supports using a second controller with rumble for that functionality.

dhonk

Is your friend working on a crossover between Twitch Plays and My Free Cams?

I think it supports using a second controller with rumble for that functionality.

A good idea yeah? :p Nah just think it would be cool to have the one controller specifically made for rez, working with this version. It would make it definitely the *definitive* Rez.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
"Fullscreen" mode is borderless windowed mode, not fullscreen borderless; i.e. pillarboxed, or true fullscreen exclusive mode.
So you can see your desktop behind the game if you use a 16:9 resolution on an ultrawide display to avoid stretching the image.

Cool, I'll be able to still have mirc on the side.

dsk1210

Is there a way to reset the seated position for vr in game?

Using my Vive but have hurt my back and it keeps placing the play area to the left side of my sofa.

Not really wanting to drag the sofa round or sit sideways on the sofa.

robotrock

Banned
Is there a way to reset the seated position for vr in game?

Using my Vive but have hurt my back and it keeps placing the play area to the left side of my sofa.

Not really wanting to drag the sofa round or sit sideways on the sofa.

I haven't figured out how to do it with my Xbox One controller. PS4 you held the touchpad or options button to reset (can't remember), select doesn't do anything here and start pauses.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Bought for Rift. My VR library is getting pretty fuckin baller.
Said it before, but my VR library will easily outnumber my nonVR library by the end of this generation and most definitely next. Can't freaking wait for the 3rd-4th HMD iterations. :D

Durante

Does the Steam version support Oculus Touch controllers? Or should I buy it off the Oculus store for that?
It does.
The entire game is playable on your desktop, or in full VR with your HTC VIVE or Oculus Rift headset and accompanying controllers (standard gamepads, Vive Controllers, and Oculus Remote and Touch controllers are all supported).

Personally, when it's an option, I'd always opt for the Steam version of a VR game over the Oculus version.
When you want to replay Area X 5 years from now (and you would!) it's quite likely that you might be using a non-Oculus hardware device.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my fuckin god praise the lord all is well now I just gotta get home. Like, now.

Dinjoralo

Playing this using Steam Controller gyro... Feels good, man! Only problem being I don't get the normal vibration, since I have to use the mouse for smoother aiming. At least I get trance vibration, that's neat.

SirNinja

Played through Area 1 just to test some settings. This is a really good port so far. You can change the rendering resolution separately for original Rez and Area X, which is a nice touch.

epmode

Is there a way to play the non-VR version over 60 FPS?

Looking forward to the VR version when the second generation headsets are released!

datsunzep

Just ordered from iam8bit, begrudgingly, for a second time. The vinyl took FOREVER to come, but it did, and was great quality. Steam code was instant and I'm downloading Rez Infinite now. New wallpapers look amazing.

Riptwo

I'm glad to finally try this in VR, but it has less 3D depth than I always thought it would. It's still great, but it largely looks kind of flat, especially in Area X. Huh. Either way, the game is still fantastic, and playing with motion controllers is wild!

datsunzep

Area X is amazing! But, it's super short. Oh well, will be replaying it for years. Now to get that 95% shot down (got 91 on the first run).....

edit: got 98% on second run :) My hands hurt

Shifty

I don't really know what DF is talking about with regards to the VR framerate.

This is the game running on my Vive (the left half of the chart):
rez_infinitevyb31.png

That's not what something locked to 60 FPS would look like.

I recommend you do none of that but rather select the option to control it exclusively with the VR controllers. It's perfect.

Could be that the tracking and renderer update at 90hz, but the game simulation runs at the original 60 without any kind of fancy sub-tick interpolation. That would explain those frametimes and the 'double image' effect mentioned in the DF video.

Also this game is glorious. Been meaning to try it since reading about it in OPSM2 as a kid, and what better time than now.

Edit: What the fuck there's a little zero form rez guy floating around inside my oculus home. He's just chilling out there and I didn't even buy the game from their store.

Rez is one of the few launch PSVR games I missed out on so I'm pretty psyched to finally try it out.

Rez in VR is something no one should miss. Have fun PC players. I almost envy you for getting to try it for the first time.

For extra ass kickedness, try it with a Kor-FX rumble vest. You will literally feel the beats thumping in your chest.

photo-7.jpg

I use a Subpac with all my VR games and it seriously is a next level experience. Can't wait to see how it feels with Rez.

Grief.exe

It's running at 90 FPS in VR mode.

So the game is capable of running at arbitrary framerates?

Just ordered from iam8bit, begrudgingly, for a second time. The vinyl took FOREVER to come, but it did, and was great quality. Steam code was instant and I'm downloading Rez Infinite now. New wallpapers look amazing.

I wonder if vinyl manufacturing is running into bottlenecks since the demand is spiking.

Played through first 2 areas. Really, really rad. I played this years ago on Dreamcast but haven't touched it since.

Second area, my game crashed at the boss. Not like a hard crash, it took me back to the Oculus page (like if I hit the flat Oculus button the right touch) then took me back to the main Rez menu. Dunno what happened. (Playing Steam version on Oculus, fwiw)

Replayed right there from the crashed menu and got through the 2nd area just fine.

Tain

My assumption here is that the game's stages and enemies and backgrounds and so on all update at 60fps but the player's headset movement updates at 90fps.

This isn't the same thing as ATW or ASW.

Durante

So the game is capable of running at arbitrary framerates?
No. The game runs (or at least renders) at 90 FPS in VR mode, but exchanging one fixed framerate for another (which is a kind of sort of nice multiple) is an entirely different beast from allowing arbitrary framerates.

Did the digital download of the cassette tracks ("Includes Digital Download for Music") come instantly as well, and if so can you post the tracklist/confirm whether it's the same as the Steam DLC (and also what file format)?

Dinjoralo

Well, Area X just blew my fucking mind. If only I had a VR headset, then my mind could be extremely blown.

Oh, and motion control aiming is neato.

My 888 edition just got marked as shipped. I guess we'll see!

Did the digital download of the cassette tracks ("Includes Digital Download for Music") come instantly as well, and if so can you post the tracklist/confirm whether it's the same as the Steam DLC (and also what file format)?

It's the exact same MP3s.

Thanks to -you-!

And yep, native Steam controller support.

It doesn't work with the actual old Trance Vibrator, but will do the same "Trance Vibration" deal with the option enabled and any vibration-enabled controller connected (and they can be wireless for putting....wherever you like : )

Gaming Jesus has delivered.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the original game with the dynamic camera setting and I think control style 2. Which has 0 head aiming so you can just look around independent of your cursor is very very cool. Its kinda like playing CoE on Kinect but its all around you. Definitely the only way I want to play Rez ever again. Good VR presentation but the perspective was getting a little weird during the Area 1's boss. Can't wait to check out the other stages. Stage 2 has always been my Fav..

And then I played AreaX for the first time since last november when it came out. And.. well.. I'm glad its there and it has some moments. But it really doesn't compare to things in the original stages or in CoE. CoE has tons of brilliant moments that are cooler than AreaX. IDK. The main game as always is the draw here for me.

Good port! Good VR presentation.

Hey, remember how iAm8Bit fucked up the PS4 release real bad? They're doing better, but still bad.

Edit: So it looks like they just uploaded a zip file with duplicate tracks in it for some reason. Weird.
Code:
The PC Bonus content is supposed to be Area X and some Bonus Tracks.
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGzEsJ2VwAAQ4OT.jpg:orig[/IMG]

Weird, those are just the same tracks. Maybe different cuts?

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGzEvk6UMAAzMwX.jpg:orig[/IMG]
NOPE. Same tracks. Great. Good stuff.

On the plus side, the collectors edition comes with an immediate Steam key.
Was there any explanation given for this?

Top Bottom