• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhino poacher trampled to death by elephant; remains eaten by lions

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Your feel good story of the week!

A rhino poacher was trampled to death by an elephant and his remains were devoured by a pride of lions, Kruger National Park officials said Thursday.

The man was hunting with a group in the preserve in South Africa on Tuesday when he was trampled by the elephant, the Letaba Herald reported. Four other hunters were arrested Wednesday

The poachers told the man’s family what happened. The relatives then called park officials, who started a search to recover his remains. A human skull and a pair of pants were recovered Thursday. A pride of lions is believed to have eaten the man after he was crushed.

Park officials offered a warning and their condolences to the man’s family.

“Entering Kruger National Park illegally and on foot is not wise, it holds many dangers and this incident is evidence of that,” Glenn Phillips, who manages the national preserve, told the Letaba Herald. “It is very sad to see the daughters of the deceased mourning the loss of their father, and worse still, only being able to recover very little of his remains.”

Trampled, eaten, and fucked by nature.

:messenger_weary::messenger_ok:

Source: ajc.com

giphy.gif

nkarafo

I don't agree with the death sentence after someone is caught. But i'm not going to cry for someone who got killed during the act.

These people have already caused the extinction of a rhino species and they don't mind if they eliminate them all. So fuck him.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I mean I would rather the dude be in jail than dead, but good lord the amount of karma and irony involved here is just breathtaking.

The universe just said "nope" and went to town on him.

Last edited:

God Enel

That’s a horrible death.
I mean they’re poaching because that’s their.. income? Though I can’t say I’m really sorry about it. Especially if there are only a few of those big animals left ;-;

highrider

Banned
I don’t feel bad for the poacher, but I’m not happy about it. They’re ignorant and desperate like a lot of the third world. If I have some ill will it’s towards the Chinese who’s dumbass customs continue to substain the market for this stuff.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Great news. Rhino’s are insanely endangered, anyone hunting them deserves a fate like that.

The most surprising thing is that there was a skull left. We followed this pack of lions two weeks ago, and whatever animal they caught disappeared entirely. Like, nothing was left. And if something was left, there were always hyenas around waiting for the scraps. Or this smaller, more dog like animal with big ears that I can’t remember the name of.

Snapped a couple of pics of these gorgeous animals on my iPhone, you can just about see the hyenas in the background of the first pic;

fe1a1048-ee7d-459d-8yck21.jpeg

94bf5f68-8a58-4b15-968k4q.jpeg

23be644d-e722-496c-8ffkf9.jpeg

I don’t feel bad for the poacher, but I’m not happy about it. They’re ignorant and desperate like a lot of the third world. If I have some ill will it’s towards the Chinese who’s dumbass customs continue to substain the market for this stuff.

Indeed, the demand needs to be killed too. Vietnam is supposedly the largest market for rhino stuff.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned

Yes. At the end of the day poachers are desperate and need to get food on the table, but I personally could never harm a Rhino, or any animal for that matter. And, it’s not just the Chinese who want the horns, it’s also the Vietnamese.

There have been reports that rhino horn has been fetching prices as high as $50K USD/ kilogram. That is similar to street price of cocaine in UK.

The South African government needs to get their shit together and protect these animals better. 70% of the Rhino population is in South Africa alone. If the current trend of poaching continues the Rhino will be extinct by 2025.

Humans were a fucking mistake.🤦‍♂️

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Great news. Rhino’s are insanely endangered, anyone hunting them deserves a fate like that.

The most surprising thing is that there was a skull left. We followed this pack of lions two weeks ago, and whatever animal they caught disappeared entirely. Like, nothing was left. And if something was left, there were always hyenas around waiting for the scraps. Or this smaller, more dog like animal with big ears that I can’t remember the name of.

Snapped a couple of pics of these gorgeous animals on my iPhone, you can just about see the hyenas in the background of the first pic;

fe1a1048-ee7d-459d-8yck21.jpeg

94bf5f68-8a58-4b15-968k4q.jpeg

23be644d-e722-496c-8ffkf9.jpeg

Indeed, the demand needs to be killed too. Vietnam is supposedly the largest market for rhino stuff.

Beautiful pics :pie_smiling_hearts: thank you for sharing!

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. At the end of the day poachers are desperate and need to get food on the table, but I personally could never harm a Rhino, or any animal for that matter. And, it’s not just the Chinese who want the horns, it’s also the Vietnamese.

There have been reports that rhino horn has been fetching prices as high as $50K USD/ kilogram. That is similar to street price of cocaine in UK.

The South African government needs to get their shit together and protect these animals better. 70% of the Rhino population is in South Africa alone. If the current trend of poaching continues the Rhino will be extinct by 2025.

Humans were a fucking mistake.🤦‍♂️
How many animals has the Chinese killed off because of boner pills? More than the British when they were exploring? Fuck em both.

I wish we had a video of the lions feasting on the poacher, though.😔
Dude no.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberPanda

Banned
Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I just now saw this on Bing and was going to post it, but damn. DeepEnigma DeepEnigma , you beat me to it by a day.

So I'll just say: No sympathy, karma is a bitch and she did a good job on this turd

Top Bottom