• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhino poacher trampled to death by elephant; remains eaten by lions

Futaleufu

I support hunting, but going after an elephant is a terrible idea: you are not going to eat it and you cant even use it as a trophy so it's a waste of time and animal life.

I support hunting, but going after an elephant is a terrible idea: you are not going to eat it and you cant even use it as a trophy so it's a waste of time and animal life.

I've only ever killed a few hogs, outside of the odd small game while camping like squirrels and rabbits (thems good eatin), and I do it with .45-70 lever action rifle. That rifle is overkill for hogs, but it dispatches them quick. Every one I ever shot was dead by the time it hit the ground. I do this because I am both lazy, and don't want the animal to suffer. I don't throw any part of the hog away, and the entrails feed the gators.

Having fun while hunting is the reason I don't buy sides of pig online, but hunting for sport is an utterly alien concept to me. Why the fuck would you kill an animal who is no threat to you, and you have no use for?

Why the fuck would you kill an animal who is no threat to you, and you have no use for?

Killing for pleasure, it's a thing. About ~3% of the population is Psychotic. This is their outlet, or at least the 'civilized' outlet for the richer among them.

I'd allow them to hunt animals...with their bare hands. Then they'd earn the kill.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
Killing for pleasure, it's a thing. About ~3% of the population is Psychotic. This is their outlet, or at least the 'civilized' outlet for the richer among them.

I'd allow them to hunt animals...with their bare hands. Then they'd earn the kill.
Throw all the psychos off a cliff.

Throw all the psychos off a cliff.

They hide in plain sight. Can't identify them. Also, there is an evolutionary reason for Psychopaths. They actually serve a beneficial purpose long term. I forgot the specifics, will look into it. *vanishes up Wikipedia's ass*

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned
They hide in plain sight. Can't identify them. Also, there is an evolutionary reason for Psychopaths. They actually serve a beneficial purpose long term. I forgot the specifics, will look into it. *vanishes up Wikipedia's ass*
True. They tend to be very intelligent.

Not necessarily more intelligent, but more willing to do the things that need to be done in high stress situations. For example most people will refuse to shoot others in war. This was a major issue in ww1 when they found up to 95% of soldiers conscripted from the populace were pretending to fight, firing off their rifles, depleting their ammo on purpose by aiming too high, then just staring at enemy troops who did the same. Long range methods of killing made this easier (i.e artillery) but even then squads were found to be aiming their shells into empty areas so they wouldn't hurt anyone. It takes psychopaths to teach normies how to kill. They achieved it by furthering the field of Killology and placing emphasis on the group's actions rather than the individual's. This was further helped by the modern drill, where recruits with individual personalities are broken down and re-educated into group-think, taught to obey commands like pack animals or dogs.

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Yes. At the end of the day poachers are desperate and need to get food on the table, but I personally could never harm a Rhino, or any animal for that matter. And, it’s not just the Chinese who want the horns, it’s also the Vietnamese.

There have been reports that rhino horn has been fetching prices as high as $50K USD/ kilogram. That is similar to street price of cocaine in UK.

The South African government needs to get their shit together and protect these animals better. 70% of the Rhino population is in South Africa alone. If the current trend of poaching continues the Rhino will be extinct by 2025.

Humans were a fucking mistake.🤦‍♂️
They need to tie rhino survival as a population to income for the local people, as they have done successfully in other countries. That gives the locals incentive to protect them since live rhinos then generate more money than dead ones.

Top Bottom