• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix |OT| ft. 100+ Minigames, Story Mode, and more!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For some remixes, if you have the language set to English, the vocals are removed & it's just an instrumental version. However, if set to Japanese, then you'll get the original vocals put back in. They didn't bother to dub the new songs this time around.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure what this means. Can somebody please clarify?

No rush, I've got until October!?!?

You can choose to play the game with the original Japanese music, or you can use the English translated versions of the songs. However, some of the newer songs are just instrumental versions in the English translation, likely since this is a cheaper, digital only, lower budget release than the past games.

Wingus

This game is my foray into the series so every minigame is new to me :) One that really stood out for me was Power Calligraphy; it's really fun when you get into the groove of things. There are some others that I do really well on too.

But I'm really struggling with even passing Gee Club 2 :(

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Rat Race is hard.

The hold A, release A ones are the hardest for me, it's not that I can't get the beat down more like my fingers have trouble doing that accurately.

Berordn

Rat Race is hard.

The hold A, release A ones are the hardest for me, it's not that I can't get the beat down more like my fingers have trouble doing that accurately.

Rat Race I find easy to figure out because the music gives you good cues, but every time they stick it in a remix I fail miserably.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
for me, pressing A repeatedly at a rapid pace can be hard in the 3DS due to its buttons

For a lot of the games that have rapid A presses (like Rhythm Tweezers, Super Samurai Slice and Shoot-'em-up), you can alternate between A and the D-Pad.

Kinsei

Banned
I made it to the final stage of Extreme Sports with all 3 lives left! ...I still lost. Why'd it have to be a monster goal? It wouldn't be so bad if stages 4, 5, and 6 weren't also super hard too.

Why do only certain songs let you alternate between A and the D-Pad for faster notes? Weird-ass oversight.

Anyway, happy to be playing, I had been dying for a rhythm game (burnt out on Project Diva at the moment and I recently went through EBA and Ouendan again). The only RH game I've ever actually played was the DS one, never got around to the rest.

Rat Race is hard.

Rat Race has been the hardest for me since GBA. It's the signless part, if you mess up slightly you can say goodbye to Superb.

Why do only certain songs let you alternate between A and the D-Pad for faster notes? Weird-ass oversight.

Anyway, happy to be playing, I had been dying for a rhythm game (burnt out on Project Diva at the moment and I recently went through EBA and Ouendan again). The only RH game I've ever actually played was the DS one, never got around to the rest.

I'm gonna guess it's only the GBA ones that allow you to do that because it's how they were originally programmed.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
For a lot of the games that have rapid A presses (like Rhythm Tweezers, Super Samurai Slice and Shoot-'em-up), you can alternate between A and the D-Pad.

oh I'll try that

what about the frogs, seals, and the photography? also for some odd reason my timing is off unlike before when I could ace those games easily

Lol in the minigame titled Exhibition Match, I just had the strangest sensation. I was playing with the 3D on and when I first hit the ball I literally flinched because I thought it was going to hit me.

Did anyone else experience this??

It reminds me of something I might experience in VR.

RedToad64

For some remixes, if you have the language set to English, the vocals are removed & it's just an instrumental version. However, if set to Japanese, then you'll get the original vocals put back in. They didn't bother to dub the new songs this time around.
Which remixes?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Lol in the minigame titled Exhibition Match, I just had the strangest sensation. I was playing with the 3D on and when I first hit the ball I literally flinched because I thought it was going to hit me.

It reminds me of something I might experience in VR.

Yeah, other games like Air Rally, Super Samurai Slice, Space Batter, and some more have good 3D too

Reaching the last section of the game, I feel really bad for Tibby.
All of the potential mom jokes.

Also fuck Lockstep, now and forever.

hazukash

I now have a 3DS that can play Japanese games so I decided to import the Japanese version instead of buying a digital copy on the American eShop. Rhythm Tengoku is one of my favourite series and most of the games I own are in Japanese so it makes sense getting a physical copy for my collection. Reading your reviews of the game makes me excited to play it so I think I'll grab the demo for now.

Haha yes, it was more the unexpected nature of it though, because the 3D isn't really too in-your-face up to that point, so it comes a bit from nowhere!

Dinjoralo

Of all the rhythm games, my absolute least favorite has to be Bunny Hop. I hate the parts where it just goes dead silent for like eight beats and expects a perfect landing. And how it never gives you an example of that with the music still going so you can adjust to it. Ugh.

Of all the rhythm games, my absolute least favorite has to be Bunny Hop. I hate the parts where it just goes dead silent for like eight beats and expects a perfect landing. And how it never gives you an example of that with the music still going so you can adjust to it. Ugh.
You just have to count!

Hylian7

Lush Remix, Machine Remix, and
the second credits song
are the three songs I'm awareness of that had lyrics removed for the English versions.
That's correct, all the rest had the lyrics already in English (like Honeybee Remix) or were reused from previous games.

Tap your feet/other hand to the rhythm and count!

Dinjoralo

You just have to count!
Tap your feet/other hand to the rhythm and count!

I can do that! Take Exhibition Match, that game gives you a mix of audio and visual cues for the timing that it lessens up with over time. Bunny Hop has zero audio cues and one crappy visual cue that it doesn't give for those frigging eight counts. There's also the repetitive music and visuals, and the bunny being ugly as sin. The only thing it has going for me is the rabbit having a belly button in one of the end cards.

...Speaking of Exhibition Match, the animation on the pitcher is really smooth. Going back before the towers to get some stars I missed, they're tricky.

After finishing the last remix, all I could think was how much easier this game seemed to be than previous ones. Then lo and behold the game showed me how many times I've played every minigame, and I only failed three (not counting the Gatekeeper ones). Sort of disappointed by that. I was wondering throughout the game whether the game was scoring easier or if it was actually seeing the score that made me feel that way, but it's definitely easier to clear than other Rhythm Heaven games.

The three I failed were Super Samurai Slice, Lush Remix, and Rat Race

After finishing the last remix, all I could think was how much easier this game seemed to be than previous ones. Then lo and behold the game showed me how many times I've played every minigame, and I only failed three (not counting the Gatekeeper ones). Sort of disappointed by that. I was wondering throughout the game whether the game was scoring easier or if it was actually seeing the score that made me feel that way, but it's definitely easier to clear than other Rhythm Heaven games.

The three I failed were Super Samurai Slice, Lush Remix, and Rat Race

Seeing the timing lets you hone in on where you're getting off and lets you adjust as the song goes on.

I've never failed but my ocd has me repeat songs over and over if I miss the stupid star.

blamite

Super Samurai Sloce sucks btw. I mean, I like it, and the music is good, but I always mess of on the big monsters even tough as far as I can tell my timing in fine, and then when I actually do get it right I can never identify what I did differently to make it work.

Seeing the timing lets you hone in on where you're getting off and lets you adjust as the song goes on.

I've never failed but my ocd has me repeat songs over and over if I miss the stupid star.

Damn, never thought of it like that, makes perfect sense though. I would've turned it off if I knew that earlier.

Dr. Buni

tumblr_o8yms75aaX1uhm3djo1_540.jpg
This game...

Nottle

I feel like I should get this because I adore Wario ware. But I played the Wii one at a GameStop and sucked at the monkey baboon golf game.

Anustart

Talked my wife into the purchase. She didn't need much pushing, she loved fever.

Loving this one so far except the visible score in multiplayer. She's better than me :(

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
There's no "2" versions of the unlockable mini-games, is there? Glad to have Screwbot Factory unlocked, but I preferred the 2nd version with the lights going out.

Edit: blarg, Machine Remix sucks because of the tweezer parts.

I love how this game at least seems more forgiving and accessible for those of us with terrible rhythm. I botched the easy version of the Coin Flip game so many times they just let me through anyway. Haha. Good, because I might have been there for a while.

This is much preferred to Forever on Wii, where I couldn't get past Monkey Clock. Literally could not - never did. Never got past that level.

Much further in this game and having a blast. Just got through the gate with the car driving game.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sneaky spirits is resident sleeper and annoying since the song stops whenever you hit the ghost
Seriously, I was thinking the song was rather great but it's ruined by the constant sllloooo-mooooooo. Hopefully when you buy the song by itself, it won't have it.

Top Bottom