• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix |OT| ft. 100+ Minigames, Story Mode, and more!

Hylian7

"And pose" "Let's sit down" "Pu-pu-pu-punch"

It's pretty easy.

Speaking of which, is anyone else finding this game super easy to get perfects/superbs in? I think it might just be because I've played most of these before, but I only didn't superb like four games on my first try and I'm almost done. Skill stars are really difficult tho.

"And pose" huh? I thought they might keep it "Turn right" like the original.

Yes, I've gotten Superbs on like 90% of the games. I like the new scoring system though because you can actually go for higher than superb now.

"And pose" huh? I thought they might keep it "Turn right" like the original.

Yes, I've gotten Superbs on like 90% of the games. I like the new scoring system though because you can actually go for higher than superb now.
Yeah! The skill star stuff adds a nice extra challenge, I'm loving it. And I think I prefer the original voice for them. This new one is higher pitched.

pHand

So we don't need to Perfect it either to 100% the game, right?

Love Rap 2 traumatized me back in Rhythm Heaven Fever. ._.

There are badges (aka achievevements) in the game, and the extra rhythm games count for certain badges like getting all Superbs or Perfects. You don't actually get anything from collecting badges, though.

Hylian7

Just for funzies, I just tried the English version of Lush Remix and Fan Club.....lol

Well at least they sort of took the "Tokyo Mirage Sessions" approach and left the Japanese audio in there.

pHand

Uggggghhh, Space dance is just the worst. Way too unpredictable and the controls are such a pain. Seeing a second version of it appear just now was totally disheartening.

Switch to touch controls. It makes games like Ninja Bodyguard, Space Dance, and Marching Orders an absolute breeze since you don't have to worry about which direction or button to press.

Also, all y'all who haven't said that Kitties! is the best new rhythm game clearly haven't gotten up to Kitties!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

It's pretty easy.

Speaking of which, is anyone else finding this game super easy to get perfects/superbs in? I think it might just be because I've played most of these before, but I only didn't superb like four games on my first try and I'm almost done. Skill stars are really difficult tho.

I think it's inevitable that experienced RH players will not really be challenged by most of the game. I perfected all the previous games and the first few hours of Megamix were a complete breeze, I played all the old mini games with my eyes closed.

The skill stars are a good idea though, they made me replay the levels a few times whereas I would have just zoomed straight through otherwise.

Experienced RH players should definitely, definitely make sure they check out the challenge train once they finish up getting perfects and stars. It brought back a level of tension I hadn't felt since I started the series on DS.

Madao

So we don't need to Perfect it either to 100% the game, right?

Love Rap 2 traumatized me back in Rhythm Heaven Fever. ._.

fortunately there's the jp audio this time (i found the minigame easier with jp voices back in the jp version of Fever. the english voices break the flow)

blamite

It's pretty easy.

I mean conceptually it's pretty simple, but since it's pretty much the only game that uses right and down on the dpad there's always a huge delay in my brain figuring out what button I need to press. I think something as simple as mapping one of the actions to B would help a lot. Guess I'll just use touch controls for it lol.

But yeah, it does seem like superbs are generally easier/more forgiving this time around. There's definitely been a handful of times where I've made a series of mistakes and thought "well, there's no way I'm getting a superb after that," but I'll still get like an 83 or something somehow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Haven't gotten the chance to go for perfects yet, but is it the same crap of "you do THIS game when WE say so, & you only get 2 chances!" that honestly was annoying in DS & Wii?

pHand

Haven't gotten the chance to go for perfects yet, but is it the same crap of "you do THIS game when WE say so, & you only get 2 chances!" that honestly was annoying in DS & Wii?

Well, technically it's always been 3 tries, but yeah, only one Perfect Campaign is available at a time. It's always been an obnoxious limitation. I was happy that they added a Start Over option, but I really wish they'd just give you a Perfect any time you get no misses.

blamite

The one change to going for a perfect is that the game now ends automatically as soon as you make a mistake. Not sure ho I feel about that change though. On one hand, it's more convenient than having to manually back out to try again, but on the other hand, it means you can't use your failed attempts to practice later parts of the game.

Dr. Buni

I have no hopes of getting perfects on Rhythm Heaven, given I can't get them on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, which is a considerably easier game :x

Berordn

I have no hopes of getting perfects on Rhythm Heaven, given I can't get them on Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, which is a considerably easier game :x

Calling them perfects has always been a bit of misnomer, it's just getting a no-miss when the game tells you to do it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, 3 attempts is a bit better & I kind of like it just stops if you make a mistake, but still only having one random game at a time sucks.

Well, technically it's always been 3 tries, but yeah, only one Perfect Campaign is available at a time. It's always been an obnoxious limitation. I was happy that they added a Start Over option, but I really wish they'd just give you a Perfect any time you get no misses.
Seriously. I don't know why they make it so you have to wait for the game to decide "okay NOW it'll count"

Weebos

Banned
Is this game any easier/does it have difficulty settings?

I really liked what I played of the DS one, but I couldn't progress very far in it.

Hylian7

Edit: Misread. Yeah that is probably the worst mini game in Rhythm Heaven history.

Nah, that honor is between Moai Doo-Wop, Love Lizards, Love Lab (I kind of wish they had it in this game, but it's here because it's only playable with the touch screen), Donk Donk, and Shrimp Shuffle.

Kinsei

Banned
Is this game any easier/does it have difficulty settings?

I really liked what I played of the DS one, but I couldn't progress very far in it.

It starts off much easier than the others and it feels like the score needed to pass a game is lower than in the other games in the series.

Nah, that honor is between Moai Doo-Wop, Love Lizards, Love Lab (I kind of wish they had it in this game, but it's here because it's only playable with the touch screen), Donk Donk, and Shrimp Shuffle.

*Cracks knuckles*

I thought I heard someone talking shit about the GOAT Love Lab.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I liked Love Lab if mainly for the song, but yes, screw Love Rap, Moai Doo-Wop, Love Lizards (IT'S YOUR FAULT I COULD NEVER CLEAR REMIX 10 IN DS), and Shrimp Shuffle.

Donk Donk isn't top 5 worst, but I'd be fine with top 10.

I liked Love Lab if mainly for the song, but yes, screw Love Rap, Moai Doo-Wop, Love Lizards (IT'S YOUR FAULT I COULD NEVER CLEAR REMIX 10 IN DS), and Shrimp Shuffle.

Moai Doo Wop is one of the best! Love Lizards is trash because of the touch screen though.

Hylian7

It starts off much easier than the others and it feels like the score needed to pass a game is lower than in the other games in the series.

*Cracks knuckles*

I thought I heard someone talking shit about the GOAT Love Lab.

For the record, I don't think it's terrible altogether, the only reason it sucks is because of the touch screen and how you don't have tactile feedback.

If there was a way to play it with buttons it would be great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Moai Doo-Wop (I think the 2nd one) was one of the few DS songs I just couldn't get a perfect on. Along with that "big finisher" guitar game which was the one game I could NOT get the rhythm of.

Didn't help I didn't care for either song as well.

WTH at people hating on Shrimp Shuffle.

"Together!"

Hylian7

WTH at people hating on Shrimp Shuffle.

"Together!"

One reason: The fucking pose. There's almost no warning to it, you aren't supposed to touch anything and I could not get it consistently and finally managed to stumble through that stupid game to get past it.

this is the game of the year for all years and timelines

No, that releases in 11 days.
highfive.gif

One reason: The fucking pose. There's almost no warning to it, you aren't supposed to touch anything and I could not get it consistently and finally managed to stumble through that stupid game to get past it.

That caught me the first time around, but afterwards that game was cake. One of the easiest perfects in Fever, honestly.

It also only did that pose thing 3 times throughout the entire song.

Hylian7

That caught me the first time around, but afterwards that game was cake. One of the easiest perfects in Fever, honestly.

It also only did that pose thing 3 times throughout the entire song.

Yeah, and 90% of the time was spent in the tutorial trying to get past it.

blamite

I'm really surprised to hear complaints about Love Lizards, to me that was always "the one you barely have to think about." It actually seems harder to mess up than to do the right thing lol. Maybe it's just 'cause DS was the first one I played, but it has a bunch of my favorite games and I actually really liked the touch controls. Playing Fan Club without flicking on the "hey"s just feels wrong to me.

Yeah, I didn't have any issues with Love Lizards. For me, it goes:

Meh:

Quiz Show (GBA) - It is what it is.
Big Rock Finish (DS) - Same as above, except at least it's a little neater.
Remix 10 (Wii) - It's an interesting remix, but compare it to GBA's Remix 8 - Remix 10 is just a victory lap, while Remix 8 on GBA does new stuff all the time throughout and focuses more on being cool and memorable than giving everyone a chance to show up (and when they do show up, to have them do nothing but bog-standard content).
Packing Pests (Wii) - Eh, it's fine, but I found it kind of eh (as noted above) and was disappointed that it got another stage.
Shrimp Scuffle (Wii) - Just kind of awkward.

Dislike:

Rhythm Rally (DS) - If I ever play this stage, it'll be too soon.

Rhythm Rally 2:

Rhythm Rally 2 (DS) - It's too long, it's frustrating, it's repetitive, and the controls make it harder. It was the last stage that I got a medal on for good reason.

Top Bottom