• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer Vita [Update 2: Tech Demo Video In OP]

Wazzim

Banned
Not a surprise really. Vita is going to have a killer launch, all my friends plan on getting one with the cheap pricetag.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
That demo only enforces the idea that all handhelds need more trippy audio/visual content.

neptunes

Oh my god, that demo, Jeezus

Now I know the music will be on point, it's been a while since RR7.

I expect a more electro/glitch influenced soundtrack.

Replicant

Oh God, so sexy.

My 1st experience playing Ridge Racer was actually the PSP version. I was playing it inside the Shinkansen going from Tokyo to Nagoya. The feel of the extremely fast speeding train for some reason makes the whole gaming experience unique to me and I have never been able to replicate it again today because I haven't been to Japan again.

This is like, my wet dream come true.

I will cry buckets of joyous tears when I have this in my hands. Im gonna invest in a killer pair of headphones before this comes out.

KingDizzi

Banned
Surprised that Cellius lives, they were suppose to make those games where some dudes beating up other people while a news reporter watches. Never forget

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Reminds me of the Snake Eater intro where you can mess with the title sequence and stuff except this is more awesome

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
neptunes said:
Oh my god, that demo, Jeezus

Now I know the music will be on point, it's been a while since RR7.

I expect a more electro/glitch influenced soundtrack.

i have been listening to this video since i found it. holy crap i cant stop..

i cant wait to have this game in my hands....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So good to have a proper and polished (I hope) RR game for VITA. It was my favorite PSP launch game and it will not doubt be my go to for a while. If it has online then ice cream on my nose.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
onQ123 said:
I didn't understand the point of that demo.
It's no obvious enough? Show off some cool touch stuff during loads or something AND show some graphics? Still neat and I can tell this will be another marquee RR game.

Elixist

Replicant said:
Oh God, so sexy.

My 1st experience playing Ridge Racer was actually the PSP version. I was playing it inside the Shinkansen going from Tokyo to Nagoya. The feel of the extremely fast speeding train for some reason makes the whole gaming experience unique to me and I have never been able to replicate it again today because I haven't been to Japan again.

Haha I love playin it on road trips. Going thru hilly areas on a freeway while playing the game is something else.. feels fucking good man.

edit: also please be 60fps , ty

Right, but that's the first we've seen of her on the Vita, no? Hopefully that means they'll be treating this as seriously as they did 1 + 2 on PSP, which were magnificent.

24FrameDaVinci said:
Right, but that's the first we've seen of her on the Vita, no? Hopefully that means they'll be treating this as seriously as they did 1 + 2 on PSP, which were magnificent.
I think so. The RR games on the PSP were fantastic! Played all through both of them!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
24FrameDaVinci said:
I'm sure they are, since it seems this one won't be hitting at launch.
They're probably aiming for the music manipulation feature to distinguish this title, rather than just riding the 'first at launch' wave.
And it sounds completely fantastic.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
schennmu said:
Please be less boring than the PSP and 3DS versions... The gameplay needs to be awesome again like the PS1 titles.

I like the cut of your jib.

Top Bottom