• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer Vita [Update 2: Tech Demo Video In OP]

onken

duckroll said:
I feel like I'm missing something here. Why would a "demo" like this get anyone excited at all? The car design is pretty bad by Ridge Racer standards (or at least, it's not what I really prefer out of the various car designs from the series), there is no gameplay whatsoever, there isn't even a real graphical demo which shows a car racing on a track.

It actually deflates my excitement because it looks really obvious that the game is over a year away and they haven't even started making it yet. Lots of time for Namco to fuck it up and shit out another crappy Ridge Racer game no one cares about imo.

I agree, watching someone rubbing a screen (looked kinda perverted) with a car on it doesn't really make me think "that's a racing game I want to buy!".

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Wonko_C said:
I have the US version and I can't get it to rumble yet all other games do, unless there's an option hidden in the game or something

SkylineRKR said:
isamu, I have a DS3 but I experienced no rumble in RR7. I checked the control settings menu, nothing there... I'll look into it.

Guys I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!!!!

You are absolutely correct, Ridge R,.acer 7 for PS3 does NOT have rumble support. I must have been seriously drunk when I typed that it does. My apologies guys. RR6 does in fact support it though.

CamHostage

gofreak said:

Hmm, very interesting, thank you. Sounds like they are looking at this from a unique perspective (less about the gameplay and more about the frills, hopefully there's still a lot of care going into how it plays too,) which makes sense why to integrate all of Cellius and not just sequester Teramoto. Even though I'm well over this company not being the AAA studio many of us guessed it'd be (geez, remember the hysteria when Brave Arms / Second: Season One / Chain Limit leaked?,) the team has still been woefully underproductive by my math. It's possible that they've put some notable stuff together behind the scenes that I'm not aware of, but I'd love to see the payoff of a quality product with a Cellius logo on it some day.

Based on that interview, at least we know it won't be some lazy port or "best of" collection like RR2 or RR3DS. Or else why employ the tech-focused Cellius?

I'm super excited about this game based on the visual potential alone.

Leona Lewis said:
Based on that interview, at least we know it won't be some lazy port or "best of" collection like RR2 or RR3DS. Or else why employ the tech-focused Cellius?
I'd imagine what you're saying is true. Indeed, why employ Cellius for just a RR3?

As am I.

And yeah there's nothing new to talk about but I cannot help but to be excited.

Leona Lewis said:

Ridge Racer PSP was also a 'best of' collection, and the producers of that eventually became the big cheeses at Cellius, so it's probably something they were wanting to do. As well as Hideo Teramoto, Isao Nakamura (Producer) and Satoru Ouchi (Programming Director) are there, and maybe more.

I'm more interested on the audio potential, would love to hear some gameplay.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Graphics Horse said:
Ridge Racer PSP was also a 'best of' collection, and the producers of that eventually became the big cheeses at Cellius, so it's probably something they were wanting to do. As well as Hideo Teramoto, Isao Nakamura (Producer) and Satoru Ouchi (Programming Director) are there, and maybe more.

I'm more interested on the audio potential, would love to hear some gameplay.
good point

neptunes

First Screenshot Released By Namco, looks on par with Ridge Racers?

ridgeracervita.jpg

Here's some direct feed footage of the e3 tech demo/non-preview
http://n4g.com/news/786912/ps-vita-impressive-ridge-racer-trailer-revealed

Spiegel

Vita size:

F3EBS.jpg

StuBurns said:
Ugly ass 2D low res bush? At least it's a launch title.

Bad screenshot I hope. RR7 looks pretty shitty in some screens too, and with low res bushes

4IarR.jpg

Yes, it's the worst screen of RR7 I could find

I need a video

Amir0x

Banned
Whether it is impressive for a Vita game or not, it certainly looks beyond Ridge Racers. Well beyond.

As long as it's 60fps, however, the context of how impressive the visuals are will be made clear.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, As long as the framerate is high and there isn't any noticeable aliasing I'm pretty much cool with it looking like RR6/7. Can't wait!

Amir0x said:
Whether it is impressive for a Vita game or not, it certainly looks beyond Ridge Racers. Well beyond.

As long as it's 60fps, however, the context of how impressive the visuals are will be made clear.

I agree, RR7 looked quite nice though, I expect this one to hold up well (bar 2D Bushes), probably looks great in motion with the ppi of the OLED screen and seriously 60fps?! I won't complain.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
That screenshot does suggest a more...vibrant look?

Hopefully we get some nice over-the-shoulder footage from TGS tomorrow.

Amir0x

Banned
Man said:
It's going to be so good to finally have a proper online service on a handheld.

it is true. It's a far bigger innovation for gaming dedicated handhelds than some of the more gimmicky crap these things added on, that's for sure.

My biggest hope is that this isn't just another "Greatest Hits" type Ridge, I want new tracks and lots of new vehicles and new gameplay elements and a redeveloped drift system

Famassu

StuBurns said:
Ugly ass 2D low res bush? At least it's a launch title.
OH MY GOD, A BUSH I WILL NEVER EVEN SEE OR WILL SEE FOR 1 SEC AT MOST ISN'T SUPER-REALISTIC!

Vita pre-order cancelled.

yurinka

Famassu said:
OH MY GOD, A BUSH I WILL NEVER EVEN SEE OR WILL SEE FOR 1 SEC AT MOST ISN'T SUPER-REALISTIC!

Vita pre-order cancelled.
Even worst : maybe you only see it in replays.

Duxxy3

I bought ridge racer for the psp and the 3DS, so chances are i'll end up with this version whenever it comes out.

Wonder if it will look like the split second ridge racer or classic ridge racer

SkylineRKR

This game needs to be seen in motion. I expect glorious 60fps gameplay on a handheld, it will likely look good even with crappy bushes.

RR7 doesn't have the best textures as well, but everytime I fire it up I feel its one good looking game still.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
SkylineRKR said:
This game needs to be seen in motion. I expect glorious 60fps gameplay on a handheld, it will likely look good even with crappy bushes.

RR7 doesn't have the best textures as well, but everytime I fire it up I feel its one good looking game still.
I think it's one of the best looking games on any console. I'm getting spoiled I guess. I'm noticing blurriness from anything less than 1080p on my tv and less than 60 fps just loses it's smoothness and responsiveness. It's a shame more games aren't developed for performance rather than appearance. In the end, I think this is what looks better.

Top Bottom