• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League - Review Thread

Nothing like a solid 8 out of 10 to get people excited about $500 in new hardware.

Wait are you one of those gamers that thinks anything less than 9.8/10 is a bad score?

8-8.5/10 is a great score.

This game is getting good reviews.

People can be excited about that.

Nothing like a solid 8 out of 10 to get people excited about $500 in new hardware.

Lol what are you even trying to say here? Every new platform has games that come out and get reviewed and people talk about them and get excited.

8/10 is also a really good score sooooo

Kyzer

Banned
A more egregious flaw with the game is its inability to shut up. Matches feature color commentary that seems to consist of a handful of annoyingly recycled stock phrases. Meanwhile, your personal progress is constantly commented on by a Scottish bloke whose patronizing tone and needless exposition gets on my nerves.

so its like FIFA

Really solid scores. This is great for the industry for a number of reasons

- it's a new IP
- it's probably the first VR game that could really do big things for VR e-sports
- it's a PSVR launch title, which surely will drive sales & adoption of the headset, and the more headsets out there the better it is for devs.

Good job Guerrilla!

JimiNutz

Banned
Damn.
I cancelled my PSVR pre order because I couldn't justify the price since the only game I liked the look of was RIGS.

Glad it's reviewing well but jealous I'm not gonna get to play it for a while.

No I meant other multiplayer modes. I think I heard something about a mode involving a ball?

There is a deathmatch mode... a mode where you're the ball and kill 3 opponents to power up then dunk yourself in the hoop in the center of the map for points... then a mode that has a goal on each side and a "ball" you pickup and pass and try to take into the enemy's goal to score.

KooopaKid

Banned
There is a deathmatch mode... a mode where you're the ball and kill 3 opponents to power up then dunk yourself in the hoop in the center of the map for points... then a mode that has a goal on each side and a "ball" you pickup and pass and try to take into the enemy's goal to score.

Ah nice! Thanks!

test_account

XP-39C²
I tried the demo today. The sense of present is pretty nice! I did however have a bit problem getting used to aiming with my head, and i wonder if its possible to remove the HUD, so you have more visibility.

8 is more than fine. If it was 7.9, then it would be a whole different story.

ckohler

If that setting also is in Battlezone, that would explain why someone on Gaf was claiming it does not have head tracking in spite of video evidence that Battlezone does have head tracking.

When I demoed Battlezone at Best Buy a couple of months ago, I used the analog stick to aim and head tracking was limited to just looking around. I clearly remember this because I kept forgetting to push up on the analog stick to aim upwards.

I'm glad the right stick option is at least there, just in case there is some initial motion sickness. Might require some conditioning so this will definitely help.

When I demoed Battlezone at Best Buy a couple of months ago, I used the analog stick to aim and head tracking was limited to just looking around. I clearly remember this because I kept forgetting to push up on the analog stick to aim upwards.

I believe battle zone makes you use the stick for vertical movement but head tracking for left and right. Seems weird but I guess I'll see tomorrow lol.

Out of everything that's getting released this doesn't interest me much but the scores are solid so I'm sure I'll try it at some point after hearing more people on here sharing their impressions.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I might cave. I said earlier I may wait for the price to drop, but more and more reviews are driving me to get this. Like a VR rocket league of sorts. All sorts of potential for crazy plays.

Z3M0G

Wow! I didn't see that one coming! Thanks for the heads-up. At $60, that would've been an unpleasant surprise.
The sickness in this video is silly... I tried VR for the first time ever today... directly into Eve doing barrel rolls... I was perfectly fine. It felt amazing.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a notification that my PS VR is on its way. RIGS is already downloading !!!!

Top Bottom