• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIGS: Mechanized Combat League - Review Thread

I'm so incredibly pumped that this turned out so well.

I really, really, really wanted it to be an experience on the level of Rocket League and it sounds like it could be!

J-Skee

Really hope I can get a VR unit before the end of the year. Had a good feeling about this game before. Good to see it's worth it.

Can't deny that this looks like something I've always imagined being able to play... Must resist ordering PSVR... If I can just survive the launch hype!!

Elandyll

Banned
If I could afford VR atm, one of the very few, if any, MP titles I would find attractive.

Wonder if it could become the Rocket League of VR...

Please tell me head tracking aiming is better than right analog stick.

From all the gameplay commentary that i've seen everyone seems to agree that head tracking aiming is how you must play. Takes getting used to (of course) but it's a much better experience than using the right stick.

So is this simple with surprising depth like Rocket League?

I think making it VR exclusive is a mistake if they want the MP to flourish.

1). Yes. Very much seems like it. Tons of depth with multiple Rigs and sub classes and diverting power to one of 3 systems on the fly as well as the sport mechanic and deathmatch mechanic going on at the same time.

2). I'm not sure this would work on a TV/monitor. A large part of Rigs is the presence, head tracking aiming etc.

PseudoViper

I've been following this game for a while now. I really wanna get it, but i don't think imma hop aboard the VR train right now :(

I don't think having VR vs Non-VR players in the same game would be fair. So having a non VR version wouldn't really help keep the VR community afloat.

I don't think having VR vs Non-VR players in the same game would be fair. So having a non VR version wouldn't really help keep the VR community afloat.

Yeah it's a VR game. No need for a standard game... nor would it "work" as well. Rigs is made from the ground up to be VR. We all have plenty of other FPSs to play outside of VR.

scf

Neo Member
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...echanized-combat-league-with-guerrillas-tips/

1. Find the settings that work for you

RIGS Mechanized Combat League offers a comprehensive tutorial that is designed to slowly introduce you to the mechanics and controls before getting into your first match. The game also includes a VR Comfort Settings menu, which will let you choose between using Head Turning or Stick Turning, as well as toggling the dynamic Visor Mask. Lower screen brightness can also lead to a more comfortable play experience for some players. Experiment with the various options at your disposal and find the configuration you enjoy the most!

kingkenny76

Nothing like a solid 8 out of 10 to get people excited about $500 in new hardware.
3e3.jpg

farisr

Sony's rule was that every game after September needs to support the Pro so every VR game should.
Well we know that rule is out the window since Driveclub VR is not getting a patch. Possibly teh requirement has shifted dates to November 10th onwards (if the FAQ is anything to go by), or the requirement may not even be there at all anymore, or doesn't apply to VR games or something.

Edit: Or not: We haven't harnessed the full power of the PS4 Pro, but there will be a few more visual details enabled.

Loudninja

Well we know that rule is out the window since Driveclub VR is not getting a patch. Possibly teh requirement has shifted dates to November 10th onwards (if the FAQ is anything to go by), or the requirement may not even be there at all anymore, or doesn't apply to VR games or something.
Not the same situation at all.

If regular Driveclub was not going to get a pro upgrade it then why would VR get it?

Good to hear. Was on the fence due to the $60 tag on it and all the other games coming out at the same time. I'll try the demo first to see if there's any motion sickness issues before picking it up.

eFKac

We'll see soon enough, but maybe Sony treats DriveClub VR as an add on internally?

Plus there is no team to work on it anymore.

IT may be a special case.

Tain

This is the only VR game I'd actually want to play. Because it's actually a game, not a glorified tech demo.

lmao at the thought of someone playing through 20 hours of Chronos and then somehow calling it a "glorified tech demo".

You haven't been following VR closely, it's fine to admit it.

Top Bottom