• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Road to E3 - Spider-Man (PS4)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I don't know how anyone can hate on this suit, it looks absolutely fantastic.

Spider-ManPS4pom.jpg

I can already imagine the downgrade threads once we see actual gameplay. The initial reveal looked like a "target render" if ever I saw one.

That said I hope it turns out good. I gave up on Sunset Overdrive after a couple of hours.

RedHill

Banned
I'm hoping this is the Arkham Asylum of Spidey games. I hope it's innovative and true to the character and the world around him.

Sn4ke_911

maaan you know they're probably going to have like nineteen unlockable spiderman costumes as rewards. Relax! ;)

This needs to be one of them.

c8254645b456b1a4f762563d5797634c.jpg

Also i'm praying Venom is in the game.

Insomniac start work on Sunset Overdrive in 2011. They first show it at E3 2013, then at E3 2014 and then release October 2014. 3 year development cycle + they were also working on Fuse at the same time, which released in 2013.

They start Spider-Man in 2014 after Sunset Overdrive, show it at E3 2016, then E3 2017. 3 year development cycle + they were working on Ratchet & Clank, which released 2016.

So what do you think, is a October 2017 release date for Spider-Man possible ?

Loxley

Spider-ManPS4pom.jpg

Easily - the white spider clashes horribly with the rest of the suit. It would look better if it were blue or black.

But it doesn't really matter since there's a 100% chance we'll have unlockable outfits like every other Spidey game ever made.

Shin-Ra

The game should start with an extreme closeup of Peter shaving his hairy spider-legs in the bath.

I've literally been wanting a game like this since I was child. Spider-Man 2, Ultimate Spider-Man and the others have scratched the itch a bit but have always fallen short one way or another. The suit, while weird at first has really grown on me, and although I really hope for alternates (I hope for the OG one) it wouldn't bother me if they're not included.

The only thing I that would cause me any concern is if the rumor of Gwen being alive in this game is true. Her role in the Spider-Man mythos as the one he couldn't save and the fallout from that is really the best thing about her. In the original run she spent most of her time being a huge dick to Peter, it's only afterwards that she gained some kind of Virgin Mary status in the comics.

Oh and if it turns out as well as we all hope, I would probably ending up buying every single piece of DLC. I wouldn't even feel ashamed.

Sn4ke_911

I just hope they don't play it too safe with the villains, give me Venom, Mysterio, Shocker etc. and not just people like Mister Negative.

Although i think there is a good chance they will save some of the better known villains for a potential sequel.

I just hope they don't play it too safe with the villains, give me Venom, Mysterio, Shocker etc. and not just people like Mister Negative.

Although i think there is a good chance they will save some of the better known villains for a potential sequel.

I could be wrong but I think Venom is very likely

Sn4ke_911

I could be wrong but I think Venom is very likely

Venom is my favorite Spidey villain.

Marvel already teased him for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite and if he's in this game too and then the Venom movie in 2018........ be still my beating heart.

Amir0x

Banned

Marvel already teased him for Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite and if he's in this game too and then the Venom movie in 2018........ be still my beating heart.

your beating heart should be still cuz you need to stop playing and accept that there's no way that Venom movie is going to be anything but a disaster waiting to happen. Write that shit off right now and avert your disappointment :p

Sn4ke_911

your beating heart should be still cuz you need to stop playing and accept that there's no way that Venom movie is going to be anything but a disaster waiting to happen. Write that shit off right now and avert your disappointment :p

Bruh tbh the movie is the least i'm excited for of those 3 things but it's Tom fucking Hardy son so there is still hope.

Carnage tho
Tom Hardy won't accept that

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

Spider-ManPS4pom.jpg

Damn straight.

Shit looks high tech as fuck.

Besides, Spidey is an USA icon. Red, white n' blue, yo.

Amir0x

Banned
Bruh tbh the movie is the least i'm excited for of those 3 things but it's Tom fucking Hardy son so there is still hope.

watch they gonna give him another bizarre vocal 'enhancement' that makes it impossible for audiences to understand him ;)

atr0cious

Only thing I'm worried about is hand to hand and air combat. It's only ever really ever been qte, or rocksteady combat. Probably hoping for too much.

Sn4ke_911

Been too long since a decent Spider-Man game had been released. Really hope this delivers

decent? dude if this doesn't turn out to be the best Spider-Man game ever made i'd be extremely disappointed.

Insomniac has everything to make this game absolutely amazing, it's not tied to a movie, the Marvel studio is only 10 minutes away from them... there is really no excuse to make this just a decent Spider-Man game.

This is honestly my most anticipated game for the PS4.
Can't wait to see more of it.

Spider-ManPS4pom.jpg
The outfit has really grown on me.
They will probably have the Homecoming suit as DLC to promote the movie.

Top Bottom