• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Road to E3 - Spider-Man (PS4)

Philippo

blockbuster set pieces? check
peter parker struggles? check
somewhat good plot? check

2017-05-2104_07_12-spujzhz.png

Oh yeah man, now're getting me REAL excited.

I've been waiting for this game since Spider-Man 2. Please E3 gods, gimme dat gameplay

Don't do this to yourself. I've been waiting for a game to top Spiderman 2 since... Spiderman 2, at this point it hurts less to assume it will never happen. I have no doubt it will be an amazing (no pun intended) game, but the chances of a control scheme with the level of control that Spiderman 2 permitted, in the current gaming landscape, are next to nil.

For the same reason, I have given up hope of Sandlot ever making another game with the control scheme of Gigantic Drive. Even its Japan-only spiritual sequels like Tetsujin 28 were dumbed down.

Alo0oy

Banned
I think they should add UGC like inFamous 2, I'm still pissed at Sucker Punch for taking that feature out of SS.

Don't do this to yourself. I've been waiting for a game to top Spiderman 2 since... Spiderman 2, at this point it hurts less to assume it will never happen. I have no doubt it will be an amazing (no pun intended) game, but the chances of a control scheme with the level of control that Spiderman 2 permitted, in the current gaming landscape, are next to nil.

If any game can do it, it's this one. First party backing, and a versatile, experienced studio like Insomniac - you couldn't ask for a better shot. Never say never, man.

Before this year, you might've said the same about Zelda (never reach OoT heights again) or Resident Evil (never be a great horror game again).

Here's hoping!

If any game can do it, it's this one. First party backing, and a versatile, experienced studio like Insomniac - you couldn't ask for a better shot. Never say never, man.

Before this year, you might've said the same about Zelda (never reach OoT heights again) or Resident Evil (never be a great horror game again).

Here's hoping!

I think you misunderstand. I'm not calling into doubt the game's quality at all. What I'm saying is that it won't use Spiderman 2-style controls.

Sony has the license for the foreseeable future, so "Spider-Man" would be just fine as a title. A good way to indicate that this is a reboot of the brand.

This is why Web of Shadows is actually the best Spider-Man game. The web slinging was almost as good as Spider-Man 2, but it also had fantastic combat and a great story.

Ultimate Spider-Man is criminally underrated. Spider-Man was fun to control and fight as, and Venom. That's all I need to say. Venom. Just, Venom.

jobrro

Ultimate Spider-Man is criminally underrated. Spider-Man was fun to control and fight as, and Venom. That's all I need to say. Venom. Just, Venom.

Yeah had a lot of fun with that game, was ready for more after Spider-man 2 and that game nailed it. Loved the cell shading. I never finished Spider-man 3 on X360 though, I think I tried a couple years ago again but I was midway through the game already and it was just too annoying as I didn't have a firm grasp on the controls after years of not playing.

After Spider-man 3 I only played Amazing Spider-man 1 and 2, missed out on a lot of the PS360 games which I hope I can go back to some day. I actually didn't mind Amazing 1 and 2 (even though the movies weren't as good as Raimi's), they were kinda like Arkham with a a Spider-man skin/moveset but not as good.

Really excited for this game. Loved Sunset Overdrive and R&C PS4. Now that Q4 2016 and Q1 2017 is over this is very close to or at the top of my most wanted list of announced games.

I think you misunderstand. I'm not calling into doubt the game's quality at all. What I'm saying is that it won't use Spiderman 2-style controls.

Oh. Well, I hope you're wrong, because if it doesn't nail the web-swinging, there's no point in it even being a Spider-Man game, in my book. So it sounds like we agree.

Curious as to what they name it; surely not just 'Spiderman'?

There's zero chance they call it "Spiderman", because his name is "Spider-Man".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNksN8qOt60

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
In case people still doubting it, Insomniac said it again.

2017-05-2704_12_34-ink9kpw.png

Skeeter49

farisr

People have been hungry for a proper Spider-Man game for a while now. There are YT channels with Amazing Spider-Man 2 gameplay vids that only have a few thousands subscribers but hundreds of thousands or even millions of views for those specific videos. Just gameplay. And that game wasn't even good.

Folks that are steadfast in their dismissal of just how big of a deal this game is will be in for a surprise come launch.

After seeing the sunset overdrive trailer and thinking that there's no way the game can be like that, and it delivered. I have full trust in what insomniac shows in trailers.

Sn4ke_911

Two weeks, only two more weeks until we finally get to see the game again... it's been a year without any real news, they let us completely in the dark. They better bring this game big to E3, people are so hyped for it.

Two weeks, only two more weeks until we finally get to see the game again... it's been a year without any real news, they let us completely in the dark. They better bring this game big to E3, people are so hyped for it.
How much gameplay you think they will show? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? Any Peter Parker daily life?

Sn4ke_911

How much gameplay you think they will show? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? Any Peter Parker daily life?

I can see them doing a lenghty live gameplay demo at the sony presser, maybe Spidey will open the show.

Combat, swinging, a side mission, show how Peter and Mr. Negative look like in a story trailer afterwards etc.

I expect them to show quite a bit this time. But let's also not forget all those cons like comic-con, im sure they want to save some surprises for those events.

The God

If there are Peter Parker systems with any kind of depth to them I could see that being saved for behind closed doors

Top Bottom