• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robin Appears in Arkham City...

As a playable character in challenge map mode, but there's a catch. It's a pre-order exclusive from Best Buy.

kzWoK.jpg

Riposte

Wasn't Tim mentioned by name in AA? With Dick being Nightwing? DCU is going through some strange shit right now... probably Dick in tights.

EDIT: WTF are they going to do with Oracle...

Totobeni said:
yo Amazon, gimme playable Cassandra Cain and I will pre order the game from your site..

Ditto.

Sean

Banned
These retailer exclusive pre-order bonuses are bullshit, especially since Amazon always seems to get the crappiest ones.

Gravijah

Stumpokapow said:
So I guess they felt the Joker challenge map PS3 thing worked well last time and want to expand on it.

Can't wait to see all the various pre-order bonuses, then.

Hoo boy...

General Shank-a-snatch said:
Who cares!? This game will be great!

Shitty pre-order bonuses/DLC and great games are not mutually exclusive.

Darn it Warner! Stop this stuff. I know we should expect it after the Mortal Kombat situation, but come on! A game this good, with this much hype around it, it doesn't need extra incentives to get people to buy it day 1.

No one should be playing a lesser version of such a sure-fire hit.

Dead Man Typing said:
Darn it Warner! Stop this stuff. I know we should expect it after the Mortal Kombat situation, but come on! A game this good, with this much hype around it, it doesn't need extra incentives to get people to buy it day 1.

No one should be playing a lesser version of such a sure-fire hit.
Isn't this best buy and not Warner though?

Polk

demosthenes said:
Isn't this best buy and not Warner though?

I cannot blame Best Buy wanting to have something exclusive, but in the end it was Warner that said ok to this shit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
This retailer exclusive bullshit is the worst thing about this generation.

People, this is a good thing. It means we get the choice to have a Robin-free Arkham City experience. Meanwhile, it also lets us know who the bad people are. They're the people who pre-order from Best Buy, if you couldn't work it out.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Good, they should go all out with playable characters in challenge mode. Playing as Joker was pretty badass.

LOL Bestbuy, though, I'm not gonna buy from there.

Soda

You know how if you pirated arkham asylum, batman's cape wouldnt glide? Well for arkham city, the anti piracy should be that you have to play as robin.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Soda said:
You know how if you pirated arkham asylum, batman's cape wouldnt glide? Well for arkham city, the anti piracy should be that you have to play as robin.

Make it Red Robin and I'd pirate that shit so hard.

I prefer Nightwing. Mainly because he's proof that the Batman/sidekick relationship shouldn't work, and works better when they end up going their seperate ways. The best Robin was the one from DKR anyways

Riposte

Router said:
I dont get the hate. There was only ever 1 shit robin an they killed him off anyway.

They temporarily killed a female Robin who wasn't particularly liked at all. Then she suddenly wasn't dead and she became Batgirl. Then Oracle stopped being paralyzed and became Batgirl. Yeah

Riposte

HK-47 said:
Make it Red Robin and I'd pirate that shit so hard.

Tim Drake and Cassandra Cain are my favorite characters in the DCU, but their chances of being in a game is unlikely. Tim has a chance I guess.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Riposte said:
Tim Drake and Cassandra Cain are my favorite characters in the DCU, but their chances of being in a game is unlikely. Tim has a chance I guess.

They really fucked up Cain though. I couldnt really get excite for something regarding her.

Of course I've almost completely gravitated away from the two big mainstream universes. I cant deal with the malignant cliches or constant reboots and crisis crossovers.

JazzmanZ

let me guess what the other Exclusives will be...

Wal-mart - Get yer Batman plot armour

Gamespot - playable nightwing in challenge maps!

K-mart - play as a optional costume of the batman of zur-en-arrh!

Target - Play as a giant piece of tofu when you beat the game the first time.

Kurtofan

The only place worthy of Robin.

Edit:I find cute that people still get mad about retailer exclusive shit, it's like what the hundredth game with it?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kurtofan said:
Edit:I find cute that people still get mad about retailer exclusive shit, it's like what the hundredth game with it?

It's cute, isn't it? It happens all the time so we should be complacent about it by now, since it's best for us to just accept shitty business practices and move on.

Kurtofan

Snuggler said:
It's cute, isn't it? It happens all the time so we should be complacent about it by now, since it's best for us to just accept shitty business practices and move on.
Never said that, just thought it was funny.

Top Bottom