• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City |OT| Somebody Call A Goddamn Paramedic!

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
FL4uwse.jpg

LhTNgZT.jpg

WLZophX.jpg

iECTAi5.jpg

h6ZEXOx.jpg

dLzmiap.jpg

2Abl3Cl.jpg

DNVqliN.jpg
sWP9Oe5.jpg

5TJi1iP.jpg

GVCCcxa.png

iW9ThmY.jpg
8xECSY4.jpg

Rmwpo8h.jpg

CKBE8l4.jpg

UBrDaUr.jpg
aNboa1Z.jpg

GeR7mMa.jpg
p491FGn.jpg

parJaqU.gif
nxTezVM.gif

Nixg3Mh.gif

R8vnEWS.png

12EdQhB.jpg

Last edited:

RavageX

Im glad that it is doing well already. Almost preordered....but I dont do that.

I will pick it up sooner than later though to do my part in hopeful success.

ElRenoRaven

So now that we have an OT for the game. Mentioned it in the review thread but got to play an hour before bed. Loving that hour so far. Gonna throw a couple thoughts so far. First among them is that it is running good for me. There is a weird graphical kind of bug/jitter when the angle changes on a cutscene though. Hopefully there will be a patch down the road/day 1 for that. Also the voice acting for Robo is great of course since it's Peter. The rest not as good I feel. I feel while Lewis actor tries to sound like Nancy somewhat it is beter than others. Obviously some couldn't do their own voice due to having passed so I get it. I also get that another reason for this is because this is obviously a AA game and not a huge budget blockbuster game so they can't exactly afford to get everyone too. Peter alone had to cost them pretty good I bet.

So yea after work tonight I'll get to tear into the gaame more but as a childhood Robo fan I'm loving it.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Dude

Robocop|OT| Dead or Alive, you're playing with me

was right there!
Well, considering how much blood, guts, brains and gore in the game all over the place (which is screaming R rating for original movie), I think what I did end up picking is more appropriate:messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Looks like they've added higher quality Lumen as a toggle this time. Thing is though, it looks like it's somewhat broken as it doesn't load high quality reflections which behave like texture pop-in but doesn't end up loading in full resolution. But hey, I'm sure it'll be fixed and it's no big deal.

I feel while Lewis actor tries to sound like Nancy somewhat it is beter than others. Obviously some couldn't do their own voice due to having passed so I get it. I also get that another reason for this is because this is obviously a AA game and not a huge budget blockbuster game so they can't exactly afford to get everyone too. Peter alone had to cost them pretty good I bet.
Nancy still looks great even all these years later:

But yeah, I guess they could't get her to voice Anne in the game for reasons you've mentioned. It's sad, but completely understandable.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

So now that we have an OT for the game. Mentioned it in the review thread but got to play an hour before bed. Loving that hour so far. Gonna throw a couple thoughts so far. First among them is that it is running good for me. There is a weird graphical kind of bug/jitter when the angle changes on a cutscene though. Hopefully there will be a patch down the road/day 1 for that. Also the voice acting for Robo is great of course since it's Peter. The rest not as good I feel. I feel while Lewis actor tries to sound like Nancy somewhat it is beter than others. Obviously some couldn't do their own voice due to having passed so I get it. I also get that another reason for this is because this is obviously a AA game and not a huge budget blockbuster game so they can't exactly afford to get everyone too. Peter alone had to cost them pretty good I bet.

So yea after work tonight I'll get to tear into the gaame more but as a childhood Robo fan I'm loving it.
It could have been worse, imagine if they couldn't get Peter Weller! It would have been like Metal Gear 5, Kiefer Sutherland voicing snake, just isn't the same...

Stuart360

Demo was tremendous. Really looking forward to playing this!
The deno really was good. I only used Robocops signature gun from the films, no other weapons as it just didnt feel right lol. Plus unlimited ammo helps.
The game looked surprisingly good too graphically. The only thing i didnt like was the dialogue by those punk bad guys, it was very cringe lol.

GymWolf

After finishing the first mission i can safely say that this game is the shit🕺

I still can't believe how much these guys nailed the gunplay, from the videos i thought that enemies were locked into death animations when they lose a limb etc. but if you continue shooting they get blasted away like it should be, i fucking hate games that lock enemies into precanned death animations, and the bodies don't glue into the ground but react to explosions or getting shot.

I get mad thinking that so many games where you kill shit get these 2 things wrong.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Im going to wait for a sale, my opinions alings with the journos most of the time. But the game looks impressive for an AA shooter.

johnnyKage5

Neo Member
Played the demo it’s pretty good. Punchy weapons. Would I fork out the cash for a digital copy probably not but I’d pick it up physical for the right price.

Top Bottom