• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City |OT| Somebody Call A Goddamn Paramedic!

haveagood1

WzX5ffL.gif

VulcanRaven

I played the first mission on Series S. Its fun but there are graphical glitches in cutscenes. Some textures seems to load slowly. Also voices don't seem to in be in synch with the mouth movement.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
BFuDEC8.jpg
hNMXgzV.jpg
1GHhFoc.jpg
Cn4sFwF.jpg

Around four hours in and just started the main quest. Spent all of the other time wandering the city, completing sides, giving out tickets and exploring nooks and crannies for bonus XP stuff. Cant wait to get back to it. It's so goddamn refreshing.

Def will be in my top 5 for the year. Starbreeze is back baby.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yeah i'm taking my sweet time aswell exploring, breaking boomboxes, solving sidequests (that are more involved than i though), i didn't even touched the main mission yet.

They nailed how robocop talk to people.

The only thing i don't like is how cartoony the villains are, both cain and bitches leave had this scary aura and they had a pretty simple design, i would love a more serious faction of villains, the current ones look more like mad max villains.

Last edited:
Picked this up this morning after realising I could actually afford it.

They've nailed the atmosphere. They've nailed the feel of being a big robot man with a fantastic gun. This is going to end up a cult classic, an overlooked gem. If you have any love for the original movie, this is a must-have.

Great game so far, and one I will go back to again and again.

ElRenoRaven

Yeah i'm taking my sweet time aswell exploring, breaking boomboxes, solving sidequests (that are more involved than i though), i didn't even touched the main mission yet.

The only thing i don't like is how cartoony the villains are, both cain and bitches leave had this scary aura and they had a pretty simple design, i would love a more serious faction of villains, the current ones look more like mad max villains.
Yup same about exploring. I'm about to actually start the main mission of the level tonight finally after playing another couple hours last night. I'm so glad I'm off after today cause I can really tear into this tomorrow and the next day uninterrupted.

They could have done alot more with the splatter punks
latest

Papa_Wisdom

Asked in the other thread but thought I’d ask here as well

Has this and the terminator game from then got a physical release on Xbox?

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
Just finished the opening mission after beating Alan Wake 2. Damn, what a fun power fantasy this game is. So glad I bought it and all thanks to this forum. Otherwise, I would have skipped it without checking it out, thinking it was some lame cash in on an old intellectual property. I wonder what this team could do with a higher budget.

Last edited:

ElRenoRaven

So just finished the 1st city section and man The side content is actually enjoyable. It's hard to sum the game up. It's simple, basic, but fun. I really feel like RoboCop while playing the game. I remember when I was young watching the 1st movie and eventually others. I dreamed of being RoboCop. I finally get that chance in this game. I could only dream of playing this game as a kid. It's 100 percent a fan focused game.

Is it gonna win GOTY? Nope but honestly I'm not lying. It will probably be my GOTY. That's how much I'm loving this game.

Granty666uk

Playing on PS5. Anyone else finding the frame rate in performance mode tanking now and then. Seems to happen most in doors.

Dr.Morris79

Went with the normal edition, installed last night, had half hour this morning to check it out before I had to leave the house, 'You're too early, fuck off'

Are you shittin me?? It's the 2nd for fucks sake, I've got a gnats cock of time and you pull this?? THIS, shit?? I just wanted to seeeeeee

bKGUW2n.gif

#1stworldproblems

Ben87fr

Fuck reading the impressions from you guys makes me wanna buy it buy i ain't got the cash 💀, haha i know what i'm buying for Christmas (maybe sooner), i love the first film and this is like a true sequel, cant believe we got Peter Weller back playing Murphy !

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
7 hours in and only finished the first main mission. Surprisingly meaty game right here.

Managed to pull off a high score of 389 at the shooting range. Shouldve recorded it. Not difficult once you put a few points into Focus.

It's got one of the most satisfying bullet time implementations Ive seen in awhile.

Ivan

I really like the game, but they don't know how to make aiming feel good on a controller. It's totally messed up and slugish in every possible way. This isn't the way to do it.

Granty666uk

7 hours in and only finished the first main mission. Surprisingly meaty game right here.

Managed to pull off a high score of 389 at the shooting range. Shouldve recorded it. Not difficult once you put a few points into Focus.

It's got one of the most satisfying bullet time implementations Ive seen in awhile.
With the pistol ? Best I have done is 156 lol

Ribi

Holy fucking shit. This game is just next-level. Out of all games that you can say "it makes you feel like X", this is the best one yet. Such a love letter to the IP. It also looks very, very good!

S6RkFTK.jpg

yfYjhHf.jpg

ZgnljFZ.jpg

GNtZCl8.jpg

vzkUB1M.jpg

G2eJPNw.jpg
Why does th trailer look worse than this lmao

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
With the pistol ? Best I have done is 156 lol

Yeah pistol only. Do you have Focus yet? Once you get into the flow of slowing down, and then hitting the center of each target in the correct order it makes it much easier. I got into an almost zen state pulling it off :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This game does rundown apartment buildings so well. Ive always been obsessed with that setting. Any kind of trashy, ghetto, dilapidated apartment really sets my nuts on fire. I blame the early Max Paynes and GTA4.

Also, pro tip: Consider dumping a lot of early skill points into Deduction. Not only does it improve scanning for stuff in the environment, if you level it up enough, important things will get marked on your map. And maxed out you get a +30% XP bonus for everything.

Top Bottom