• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City |OT| Somebody Call A Goddamn Paramedic!

RagnarokIV

A3B0412C12B7E9D4370AF8ED57A040D8D6A9731C

Denton

Well well well. The texture pop-in issue that stopped me from playing can apparently be fixed by this simple command entered into engine.ini:

[SystemSettings]
r.VT.MaxUploadsPerFrame=64

Default value is 8

Description of the command:

The maximum number of virtual texture page uploads per frame. Reducing this can improve performance at the expense of slower visual updates.

I tested it and for the first time since launch, the road textures at the start of the game actually look like road and not blurry, smeary slowly loading mess.

Embarassing that Teyon did not fix this themselves.

Credit goes to "Lyall" on steam forum, who posted about it.

Last edited:

Gonzito

Well well well. The texture pop-in issue that stopped me from playing can apparently be fixed by this simple command entered into engine.ini:

[SystemSettings]

Default value is 8

The maximum number of virtual texture page uploads per frame. Reducing this can improve performance at the expense of slower visual updates.

I tested it and for the first time since launch, the road textures at the start of the game actually look like road and not blurry, smeary slowly loading mess.

No way! This was my main issue with the game.

Where is the post on steam? I cant see it

Last edited:

Denton

If its just a number in the engine file why hasn't Treyon fix this yet? Or at least giving us an option in the graphics menu to activate this, its so stupid, I don't understand these videogames companies sometimes
Yeah it is mindblowing stupidity. I wrote them a DM via twitter about it, never got a reply either. They are lucky they make such awesome games otherwise I'd be pissed.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
If its just a number in the engine file why hasn't Treyon fix this yet? Or at least giving us an option in the graphics menu to activate this, its so stupid, I don't understand these videogames companies sometimes
Texture loading / file I/O in UE5 games seems to be disappointing, but it is terrible in this game. There is also a weird bug when there are camera switches (likely due to some TAA glitch) and the usual signs of ghosting around character’s hairs.

I like UE5’s nanite and lumen systems but the sacrifices the engines does to get there do not seem worth it for this gen’s hardware… it makes me think it is Epic’s MegaTexture moment.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
If its just a number in the engine file why hasn't Treyon fix this yet?
On a console you can't just disable streaming and call it a day - there's limited memory in the system.
The fact that UE is still just as bad here as it was 15 years ago is really sad though - this game has arguably worse texture-draw-in than Rage did back in 2011 - except that was running off a 2x speed BDRom - and this is on a 5GB/s SSD...

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
So is this game good good or is it "It's a breath of fresh air because all other Robocop games suck" good?

I'm not a Robocop fan at all, so don't know if I'd like this. What's the gameplay loop like?

xrnzaaas

Just finished the game and I had a ton of fun. The gameplay is improved a lot compared to the rather barebones experience from Terminator Resistance. I liked the idea of the hub locations for the purpose of doing side quests and smaller activities and the gameplay was good even though Robocop was pretty op even at the beginning of the game (I played on normal). And of course I love that they've taken as much as they could from the source material.

The only real downside were the framedrops in the performance mode on the PS5. In some levels (like the jail) they were quite severe with Robocop vision turned on. It's a shame that it wasn't (drastically) improved in the last 2 months.

Last edited:

FrankWza

So is this game good good or is it "It's a breath of fresh air because all other Robocop games suck" good?

I'm not a Robocop fan at all, so don't know if I'd like this. What's the gameplay loop like?
It's a good game. If you like Robocop it will definitely be more fun. There are times when the game looks great and the guns have nice feel to them. I'd say it's a solid 7-7.5 but fans of the game would say it's 8+. It's fun and they got Peter Weller back.

[SystemSettings]

Default value is 8

At least on PC you can fix this kinda stuff...

Denton

Finished. God damn, what an awesome fucking game. Teyon rules.

I want sequel stat. With bigger Detroit, possibility to drive my cruiser, more missions and more character interactions. I really did not expect to like the dialogue/story part of this as much as I did. It made me even bigger Robocop fan than I already was, and I loved the first film.

9/10

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Welp, you convinced me, plus, it was 40 Eurodollars on Amazon sooo...😁

Just Recently, I bought :
CP2077 phantom liberty
Hogwart's legacy
Alan Wake 2

PS plus extra is expiring soon so these games will serve me well for the next couple of months

Last edited:
Welp, you convinced me, plus, it was 40 Eurodollars on Amazon sooo...😁

Just Recently, I bought :
CP2077 phantom liberty
Hogwart's legacy
Alan Wake 2

PS plus extra is expiring soon so these games will serve me well for the next couple of months
40 euros is a steal. Enjoy it! Just be sure you have 3D audio enabled on the PS5. The sound just fucking punches.

Vick

Just saw update 1.04 popping up, and now read they actually added NG+ along with a new difficulty?

Oh My God Wow GIF

Gonna replay it immediately!

Now if only Terminator: Resistance got a NG+ as well.. it needed it much more than Rogue City.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I saw this went up for sale on GOG, so I bought it there. I've heard good things!

Glad to see the FOV settings can be tweeked, because FPS games these days usually make me motion sick. Have it at the highest setting now, which looks kinda weird in ultrawide, but so far so good.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Just finished this game yesterday.

So. Damn. Good.

It's like the perfect AA game. Not interested in wasting your time, excellent visuals, fun story with nods to the films, not afraid to be goofy, super fun gameplay and great shooting mechanics... what more can you ask for?

Solid 8/10 from me. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

poodaddy

Loved this game. Beat it a couple weeks ago, might actually be my game of the year lol. Of course it's all relative, but I just had so much fun with it.

Definitely a game that would benefit from a New Game Plus Mode, strange to me that it's not there.

Don't invest points in Psychology folks, not worth it, I maxed it out and regretted that I couldn't max out the more combat eccentric, (and extremely fun), skills. Might play through it again in Summer, and I rarely replay games these days as there's too much good stuff out there, it's just that good.

RAIDEN1

This game is on my "to-play" list, but too much back-log to get through yet...I've yet to even check out Black which some-say is an underrated shooter...Also between this and Dark Forces remaster, I think these two are some of the best shooters released in recent months..

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
This game is on my "to-play" list, but too much back-log to get through yet...I've yet to even check out Black which some-say is an underrated shooter...Also between this and Dark Forces remaster, I think these two are some of the best shooters released in recent months..

Wait until it's 15 Eurodollars or it gets released on PS plus/Gamepass, game can get fun but at the same time it's also a slog, plus, if you're on console, the technical problems can get in the way of your enjoyment.

Personally, I find it to be one of the most over hyped, mediocre games of last year, it's a 6/10 at best, there's no "epic" moments, the beautiful, classical themes are nowhere to be found besides the 1st stage where it's completely unearned but most importantly, the shooting is so lackluster (even with gibs flying all over the screen) that the whole Robocop fantasy® flies out of the window.

I completely regret the 40 Eurodollars I spent on it, this, for all intents and purposes is a mid-budget game and it shows.in each and every aspect of the game.

Teyon may have the best intentions in the world but...they just lack the talent and budget to produce something special.

RAIDEN1

Wait until it's 15 Eurodollars or it gets released on PS plus/Gamepass, game can get fun but at the same time it's also a slog, plus, if you're on console, the technical problems can get in the way of your enjoyment.

Personally, I find it to be one of the most over hyped, mediocre games of last year, it's a 6/10 at best, there's no "epic" moments, the beautiful, classical themes are nowhere to be found besides the 1st stage where it's completely unearned but most importantly, the shooting is so lackluster (even with gibs flying all over the screen) that the whole Robocop fantasy® flies out of the window.

I completely regret the 40 Eurodollars I spent on it, this, for all intents and purposes is a mid-budget game and it shows.in each and every aspect of the game.

Teyon may have the best intentions in the world but...they just lack the talent and budget to produce something special.
Yeah but you weren't going to get someone like Rockstar going behind the wheel to make a game on Robocop, for all intents and purposes this game has revitalised the franchise after the 2014 debacle of a movie, and Peter Weller not exactly in his prime to reprise the role, this is about as good as a Robocop 4 we'll ever get....(even though technically this game is between Robocop 1 and 2.)

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Yeah but you weren't going to get someone like Rockstar going behind the wheel to make a game on Robocop, for all intents and purposes this game has revitalised the franchise after the 2014 debacle of a movie, and Peter Weller not exactly in his prime to reprise the role, this is about as good as a Robocop 4 we'll ever get....(even though technically this game is between Robocop 1 and 2.)

I don't disagree friend, it's just that - again - in my opinion, it's not that good of a video game, from the technical aspect (horrible, amateurish The Sims-like character models/texture pop-up/artifacts during cutscenes/very soft image quality/jaggies and FSR shit/constant slow downs) to the actual gameplay one (horrible aiming feel/not being able to adjust deadzones/mediocre encounters/slow AF down time where you're wondering around an open map doing Uber mediocre "side quests").

Again, and always IMO, this feels and is a 6/10 at best since it doesn't have many redeeming factors.

Cheers

Top Bottom