• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RoboCop: Rogue City |OT| Somebody Call A Goddamn Paramedic!

But we kinda need a tool to help us as consumers determine what to spend our money on.

So in theory, reviews and reviewers should be a great thing. Especially multiple reviews. Like Metacritic. Not just one review/reviewer, because one review is anecdotal. But if 49 reviewers pull their scores together (Metacritic) and we find the average, that SHOULD be a fair assessment, no?
Hypothetically, yes.

But, often both sides, users and journalists, derive their verdicts from personal bias. You'll find some ridiculous extremes like 0s ("worst thing, ever") and 10s ("Zomg! game of teh forever") among those user reviews. Some of these "professional" reviews tend to be riddled with unwarranted modern day political commentary nowadays which absolutely should not be a place for that. Most people gloss over the writing and neglect that it could've influenced/impacted the final verdict. They go straight down to the score under the assumption that they were derived in good faith. It makes them both flawed in practice.

Ultimately, the best thing you can rely on is your own preferences, gaming history experience and research. You know yourself better than any reviewer. These journos and reviewers are often less informed about and skilled in video games than the average gamer anyway.

Last edited:

Mobilemofo

If anybody is stuck on ED209, there's a van and a post. You can stand a bit back from behind the van, and shoot him. He will eventually just stand there. His shots won't do any damage, because they can't hit you, but if you raise your pistol just a bit above the vans roof, your golden. Did this three times in diff playthroughs, so you know it works. 😄

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I have tier 5.3? no reload, gore, explosive, and another one. 120% damage with engineering max.

jNLo3zI.jpg
Definitely going to be using this PCB once I find it.

Eiknarf

Banned
Hypothetically, yes.

But, often both sides, users and journalists, derive their verdicts from personal bias. You'll find some ridiculous extremes like 0s ("worst thing, ever") and 10s ("Zomg! game of teh forever") among those user reviews. Some of these "professional" reviews tend to be riddled with unwarranted modern day political commentary nowadays which absolutely should not be a place for that. Most people gloss over the writing and neglect that it could've influenced/impacted the final verdict. They go straight down to the score under the assumption that they were derived in good faith. It makes them both flawed in practice.

Ultimately, the best thing you can rely on is your own preferences, gaming history experience and research. You know yourself better than any reviewer. These journos and reviewers are often less informed about and skilled in video games than you and I anyway.
Yeah. That’s kinda how I look at it and why I said, “it’s a tool we should use” etc

I mean, OpenCritic and Metacritic absolutely ARE tools for us to use how we want.

A hammer is a tool. But if you wanna drive a nail into wood, you don’t HAVE to use a hammer. You can use a Nail Gun. Or forgo the nails and new screws to hold the wood together instead.
What I’m against is using ONE critic, because that’s a true opinion. Anecdotal at best.

So I look at YouTube, Neogaf, Metacritic, OpenCritic…etc (I’m not on Steam)
Can i still look at reviews on Steam?

FireFly

In fairness if you are not a fan of Robocop (and who under 30 really is) I can see why this game is dismissed.

Single player campaign FPS games are kind of a relic.
Right, that's why no one cares about Cyberpunk 2077.

(Cyberpunk RPG elements are minimal in the base game outside of the skill tree and the open world is basically window dressing. It stands on its gameplay and story)

Yup the plot even foreshadows the events of robocop 3!
The old man ran OCP into the ground with his personal projects, but a japanese company is looking into buying us out

Ben87fr

Just started playing this and i'm already at the part with the motorcycle gang, holy shit at the scene
where you find the place where Murphy was murdered

Is it just me or it feels like the Vsync is not working properly , on or off it just looks like it doesn't work and I can get 90 fps to 59 doing almost nothing...

Ben87fr

Damn these sniper guys are kinda hard, i had a big fps drop during this too, i'm on xbox performance mode but i had like 20fps for a short while anyway Ed-209 is still a fuck up haha 👍

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
90GiaIQ.jpg
What a game, JFC! I can't believe what I've played and finished. It's so effin' good that I'm considering it over BG3 as my GOTY, cuz I mostly knew what to expect from Larian, but what Teyon created - excided my wildest expectations after I've played / saw in the closed beta. WTF, people? How is this game even possible after so many years? Most of us already gave up to play something like this and Teyon were like - hold our fuckin' beer, folks, you don't know what's comin'.

Last edited:

Ben87fr

I grabbed a container as a shield. VERY easy that way. If you are referring to the quarry bit.
Haha yes i tried that and it's just at that moment that the framerate started to fuck up, reloaded the save and it was fine, anyway i finished it yesterday and it's my goty, with this game and the RoboDoc it's been a good year for RoboCop, i'm replaying it with the blue armor and choosing different dialogue 👍

90GiaIQ.jpg
What a game, JFC! I can't believe what I've played and finished. It's so effin' good that I'm considering it over BG3 as my GOTY, cuz I mostly knew what to expect from Larian, but what Teyon created - excided my wildest expectations after I've played / saw in the closed beta. WTF, people? How is this game even possible after so many years? Most of us already gave up to play something like this and Teyon were like - hold our fuckin' beer, folks, you don't know what's comin'.
Yeah its something special. This and Trepang2 are my favorites this year! :)

Eiknarf

Banned
Yeah its something special. This and Trepang2 are my favorites this year! :)
Trepang 2 would be tied with this if it implemented the haptics and trigger effects (without it, it makes it feel last gen to me)

But this (Robocop) is straight up simple fun. There’s no other way to put it.

Last edited:
I need to check out this Trepang2. I havent seen gameplay but it looks like BLACK to me.
It's Black meets F.E.A.R

A really short game. Only has 4-5 campaign missions, but the bonus missions are where the fun really lies.
Great Slow mo implementation, very nice graphics, good audio and solid gunplay. If you can pick this up for 20 or so, it's a good deal. :)

Edit: it's around 20 bucks in the PS store atm.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
It's Black meets F.E.A.R

A really short game. Only has 4-5 campaign missions, but the bonus missions are where the fun really lies.
Great Slow mo implementation, very nice graphics, good audio and solid gunplay. If you can pick this up for 20 or so, it's a good deal. :)

Yeah its on PSN on sale for $22.50. I might bite :cool:

Ben87fr

Just found a guy whistling the theme of the first film in the park (not far from the fountain, during the day in free roam), love those little touches, i wonder what Teyon will work on next ?

Last edited:
Is there a bug where the game skips the dialogue and makes a choice for you? Because in the last 10 minutes I've failed a side encounter during a mission (when there very definitely should have been a choice and Robo just answered for me) and had a very weird conversation with the mayor.

I'm about 2/3 through the story I think. On Xbox.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
ROBOCOP: ROGUE CITY, NACON’S BEST EVER LAUNCH

On 2 November, an iconic pop culture hero, the part-man, part-machine, all cop, made his big comeback in a dedicated video game with RoboCop: Rogue City.
Earning 92% positive reviews on the Steam platform, the game won over 435,000 players in the space of 2 weeks, and racked up 2.7 million active game sessions.

The game studio Teyon and publisher NACON, along with collaborator Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), are pleased to celebrate its success by sharing a new trailer highlighting the accolades received by the game.

Alain FALC, CEO of NACON had this to say about its success: “RoboCop: Rogue City has exceeded our expectations, and achieved a genuine feat as far as NACON is concerned. We are really proud to have been able to work with the studio Teyon on this game created by and for RoboCop die-hards. We would also like to thank MGM for the trust they placed in us throughout this collaboration, as well as all the players who have contributed to making this release such a great success.”

And there's also 5 hour doc about the making of the first movie RoboDoc: The Creation of RoboCop:
Robodoc_AMAZON_FILM_1200x1600-768x1024.jpg

Last edited:
And there's also 5 hour doc about the making of the first movie RoboDoc: The Creation of RoboCop:
Robodoc_AMAZON_FILM_1200x1600-768x1024.jpg

giphy.gif

Fuck yeah, man. Congrats for Teyon.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I hope they'll make an expansion for the game sometime next year, but honestly.... they can expand on Delta City idea more, mix it all with the stuff RoboCop 3 did right (and Rogue Legace was setting up) and we could have another great RoboCop game to play with bigger budget and all.

ElRenoRaven

Well good to see that news. Hopefully it means some future DLC support or hell maybe their first sequel. I'd buy day 1 again no doubt. It's my GOTY this year followed closely by Hogwarts.

Had the final boss almost all the way down (the bosses in this suck, btw) and got a CTD.

I really want to love this, but the bugs, man.

Iced Arcade

Playing now on my PS5 and loving it. I grew up on RoboCop so this is awesome.

Can't help but to think with a bigger backer and time, this could have been a big AAA.

Ben87fr

I see people talking about Trepang2, bought it on xbox since it was in the black friday sale, i'd like to recommend another fun fps that i played this year, Warhammer 40k : Boltgun !

Top Bottom