• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

web01

tmarques said:
Anyone else getting "100% Flawless" scores even though they missed a note or two? First couple of times it happened I thought I was imagining things, but now I'm positive it happens occasionally.

I think you can still get 100% if you break a combo in empty space but still hit every note in the song.

zankara

Does anyone know what the Band Hero instruments are like? And if I can use them with Rock Band? I can pick them up really cheap.

Kenaras

web01 said:
I think you can still get 100% if you break a combo in empty space but still hit every note in the song.

Yes, you can.

100% = No missed notes, but extra strums are allowed
FC = Full combo; you never lost your multiplier

zankara said:
Does anyone know what the Band Hero instruments are like? And if I can use them with Rock Band? I can pick them up really cheap.

Drums will suck in Rock Band.

The guitar is the GH5 guitar, which is the best guitar you can play with.

Ubersnug

Another question for those in the know.

I have the original Rock Band Drums and they suffer from this annoying issue of not registering ever hit I made with them.Admitedly, I do have the noise reduction pads on them, but I compensated by hitting the pads that little bit harder.

I really want to get into the pro drums in Rock Band 3 and was considering buying the Wireless Pro Drum kit, thinking that the drums would be more responsive and the addition of the cymbols. But I have been hearing that the pads on the wireless drums can be just as unresponsive as my original set.

Can anyone who uses the wireless drums give me their impressions? Would you recommend them over the original set? Or should I be looking at other sets? I also heard that the drums from rock band 2 where more responsive than the original kit. Is this true?

Oreoleo

Dude the Rock Band 1 drums are crap. I used them for a long loooong time. You can only go up from there. The RB2 drums are like night and day by comparison.

Ubersnug

Orellio said:
Dude the Rock Band 1 drums are crap. I used them for a long loooong time. You can only go up from there. The RB2 drums are like night and day by comparison.

Have you tried the wireless drums?

wetwired

Thought I'd share my recent purchase in here, while I don't have Rock Band 3 yet (If I could bloody find it in AU) I did get a set of the logitech wireless drums for AUD$60 (RRP is $499) delivered this week. I barely played drums before as my GHWT kit was dodgy, depending on the day it would either not register my hits or double register.

I hooked it up last night and for the first time ever I was getting 50 note streaks and actually getting star powers, which I'd never been able to do before because of the shoddy kit I had (plus I'm just not very good at drums)

The place I got them from still has ton as well as an awesome looking logitech PS3 Guitar for AUD$40, but I only have 360 GH\Rock Band so it's no good to me :(.

Daigoro

huh. im not even familiar with the logitech stuff for RB (or is that the official stuff?). sounds like an amazing deal you got though. 499 AUD, damn!

drums are so fun to play. enjoy.

wetwired

It's technically a Guitar Hero Branded set but same thing.

It took me a while to find it on logitech's website as it looks like they're discontinued. With the death of the GH franchise they're probably just cutting and running, which is probably why they're so cheap now

Here's the link to the kit itself

So I want to switch my ions to PS3, so I gotta buy a drum module for ps3. Anyone know where I could get one on the cheap side? They are online for like 50, but fuck thatttt.

wetwired

So my copy of Rock Band 3 turned up today, anyone know of a cheap source for the keyboard or pro guitar in Australia? or is the best bet to order from overseas?

Finally got the Keyboard X Game bundle (360) yesterday from Target for $38.98. Wished I got the game sooner and could've supported Harmonix more but I did buy RB1 set and Dance Central day one & plan on buying more DLC so that kindof makes me feel better :).

woodypop

So I had some friends over last night for Rock Band, and ran into the "no keyboard and two-guitar set-up allowed unless in All Instruments Mode" problem.

WTF is up with that?!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
woodypop said:
So I had some friends over last night for Rock Band, and ran into the "no keyboard and two-guitar set-up allowed unless in All Instruments Mode" problem.

WTF is up with that?!
Because Harmonix is dumb. Just be thankful you can play with everything using All Instruments Mode. When you play online, there's certain instrument combinations that don't work. Such a stupid design.

I don't even think it renders all the characters when you have a keyboard, bass, and guitar player.

FerranMG

I'm about to buy the game with the keyboard (360).
I guess it's a silly question, but: I know you can use a midi keyboard to play the game, but can you use the game's keyboard as an actual instrument?

Another question: how would GH drums play with RB? Never tried that, can you play *alright*?

Gaspode_T

Crazypanda_85 said:
Finally got the Keyboard X Game bundle (360) yesterday from Target for $38.98. Wished I got the game sooner and could've supported Harmonix more but I did buy RB1 set and Dance Central day one & plan on buying more DLC so that kindof makes me feel better :).

Man...I paid something like $150 for just the keyboard here in Tokyo :(

Wrekt

This was probably asked and answered a million times so I apologize ahead of time.

I'm getting the itch to play some Rock Band again but I wanted to try the pro guitar. I already own a real guitar so I'm content with buying a Mustang to save some cash. Or should I bite the bullet and spend the extra $150 on a stratocaster?

And do these things ever go on sale for 360? The PS3 version of the Fender is always on sale for <$90 but I never find the 360 versions up for much less than MSRP.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Wrekt said:
This was probably asked and answered a million times so I apologize ahead of time.

I'm getting the itch to play some Rock Band again but I wanted to try the pro guitar. I already own a real guitar so I'm content with buying a Mustang to save some cash. Or should I bite the bullet and spend the extra $150 on a stratocaster?

And do these things ever go on sale for 360? The PS3 version of the Fender is always on sale for <$90 but I never find the 360 versions up for much less than MSRP.

The Mustang doesn't have any issues with string sensing, which the Squier does have from time to time. But the Mustang's strings are all the same thickness, which may be odd if you play real guitar. Seeing as the Squiers are increasingly rare and I still want one, get a Mustang. :p

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Wrekt said:

You could wait for Rocksmith...

elektrixx

Banned
An unfortunate end to tonight's Rock Band session :( .

0c9b38dc-1.jpg

My yellow and green cymbals double-hit now too :( :( . I've gotta find some new stuff.

Can someone point me to the best way to convert my rock band 2 drums into pro drum capable? The madcatz kits on amazon seem to be plagued with problems. Are there other options?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Mad Catz are re-releasing rock band 3 this fall. Must have a large amount of rock band inventory they need to shift.

Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (“Mad Catz”) (AMEX/TSX: MCZ) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with Harmonix® Music Systems, Inc., to re-release the critically acclaimed Rock Band 3this holiday season and beyond. Mad Catz anticipates that it will bundle Rock Band 3 software with its popular Rock Band 3 Wireless Keyboard Controller, Wireless Fender™ Stratocaster™ Guitar Controller and Wireless Fender Mustang™ PRO-Guitar Controller, an instrument controller which allows gamers to learn to play real guitar and bass parts for Rock Band 3’s 83 song set list and regularly released downloadable PRO-Guitar content.

Darren Richardson, the President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. stated, “We are pleased to assume publishing responsibilities for Rock Band 3 this holiday season. Rock Band is the ultimate interactive experience for any music fan, whether they’re looking for a great party game to share with friends, playing through Rock Band’s 3000 plus song library, or seeking out a fun way to learn guitar, drum or keyboard skills using Rock Band 3’s PRO Mode.”

Rock Band 3, currently carries a Metacritic rating of 93, and is available now from all leading video game retailers.

Additional information is available at http://www.rockband.com

Joystiq is reporting the bundles are 360 Only

Tntnnbltn

Late to the party, but I'm making the (trans-Pacific) jump.

Now I just have to decide whether to buy a US version of the game and deal with US PSN cards/DLC or buy locally...

Fucking Rock Band OT's -- how do they work?

Wife got me a Fender pro guitar for our anniversary. I felt a hit to my ego playing on easy but it was offset by a feeling of some accomplishment of actually sort of starting to learn the instrument.

Tntnnbltn

Keyboard arrived today. :)

Want and bought Rock Band 3. Also got Lego Rock Band and Rock Band 1 online from the UK for a decent price. Can't find a cheap (new) copy of RB2 online though.

In case anyone didn't know, the latest update has broken a load of songs on the 360 version for Euro RB3 owners who had exported from RB1.

According to a p-ost on the RB forums from "hmxhenry", all you need to do is send an email containing your name, gamertag and country to support@rockband.com with the following subject: Dani California Bug (X360) - Missing EU songs post patch.

They'll email you a download code that will apparently fix it.

This was only posted up yesterday, about 20:00GMT.

In case anyone didn't know, the latest update has broken a load of songs on the 360 version for Euro RB3 owners who had exported from RB1.

According to a p-ost on the RB forums from "hmxhenry", all you need to do is send an email containing your name, gamertag and country to support@rockband.com with the following subject: Dani California Bug (X360) - Missing EU songs post patch.

Just an update on this, I emailed Harmonix early this mornng (about 2amish GMT) as detailed above, and just received my code.

Judging by this, anyone else affected can probably expect a fairly quick turnaround.

Hop

Just an update on this, I emailed Harmonix early this mornng (about 2amish GMT) as detailed above, and just received my code.

Judging by this, anyone else affected can probably expect a fairly quick turnaround.

That's good to hear. Probably helps that it is isolated to EU players, so there's not thousands on thousands clamoring at them about it.

Which songs are broken? I haven't played the game since the patch arrived, so I guess I should try it and see if they are broken for me.

Which songs are broken? I haven't played the game since the patch arrived, so I guess I should try it and see if they are broken for me.

I really can’t remember off the top of my head, but they’re listed in a stickied thread on the Rock band forums with the same title as the subject of the email I mentioned (above in bold).

There was 8 or 9 that still appeared in the playlist, but as soon as you tried to select them it caused the game to throw out an “unreadable disc” error.

Hop

I really can’t remember off the top of my head, but they’re listed in a stickied thread on the Rock band forums with the same title as the subject of the email I mentioned (above in bold).

There was 8 or 9 that still appeared in the playlist, but as soon as you tried to select them it caused the game to throw out an “unreadable disc” error.

The closest to a complete list I saw was:

Dani California
Hysteria
Perfekte Welle
New Wave
Beetlebum
Manu Chao
Countdown to Insanity

Essentially the bonus EU RB1 tracks. If you didn't export an EU RB1 into EU RB3, I believe you don't have a problem.

Thanks.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I was currently at work and as such 95% of the internet is blocked, so I couldn't get a list for you guys.

web01

Thanks for posting this did not know wtf was going.
Thought there might be something wrong with my 360 because I started getting disc read errors before my last rrod.

jgkspsx

So I'm guessing the unbelievable spiking prices for Rock Band 3 (cheapest 360 copy on Amazon is $35 USED) means that it it out of production? That's sad :(

Bought a Wii bundle for a friend, though.

EDIT: Hmm, MadCatz are selling a Midi + game bundle for $40 for 360 only. The midi unit is selling for $38 new on Amazon, and new copies of the game are selling for ~$50. Enterprising people could make a bit of money buying a few units and reselling them...

So I'm guessing the unbelievable spiking prices for Rock Band 3 (cheapest 360 copy on Amazon is $35 USED) means that it it out of production? That's sad :(

Bought a Wii bundle for a friend, though.

EDIT: Hmm, MadCatz are selling a Midi + game bundle for $40 for 360 only. The midi unit is selling for $38 new on Amazon, and new copies of the game are selling for ~$50. Enterprising people could make a bit of money buying a few units and reselling them...

Try checking GameStop. I thought I saw a keyboard or guitar bundle for $50. The website doesn't seem to have the bundle I saw, so you make check a few stores near you.

Edit: Oh wait. This is the bundle I saw: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/rock-band-3-guitar-bundle-with-dlc/98033

jgkspsx

Try checking GameStop. I thought I saw a keyboard or guitar bundle for $50. The website doesn't seem to have the bundle I saw, so you make check a few stores near you.

MadCatz has Wii keyboard bundles for $50. But no Xbox keyboard availability at all.

I don't need any more copies, but it's (strong?) evidence that it is going out of production.

Minamu

Seems like some songs are missing from the EU psn store? I wanted to buy the live 3-pack with Judas Priest and it's gone. It's up on the US store though. What's going on?

I was just browsing amazon and the prices on everything guitar hero and rock band are hilarious.

Someone should draw a graph, its like the stock market.

From 129 to 35 to 200

dose

Hope someone can help me with this, does the RB3 with wireless keyboard bundle come with the MIDI controller, or does the keyboard plug straight into the PS3?

Hop

Hope someone can help me with this, does the RB3 with wireless keyboard bundle come with the MIDI controller, or does the keyboard plug straight into the PS3?

The keyboard connects wirelessly, though it does have a MIDI output.

Top Bottom