• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 3 |OT|

DuckRacer said:
Wasn't there a Rock Band megathread with a billion posts? Why the separate thread for Rock Band 3?

A bunch of people acted like pathetic internet elitist douche lords who talked about fucking wrestling instead of Rock Band and got themselves banned. I don't know about you, but when I enter a thread I don't want to discuss wrestling with such riff-raff. Good riddance.
Sellout.

J. M. Romeo said:
Really? No crowd singalongs AT ALL in the new songs?

WWWWWHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Wait, what?

Orgun

I think I shall wait for the Fender guitar before I pick this up, going to be hard holding myself back from buying the game on Day 1 :lol

jgkspsx

So is the Wii version still the ghetto? And, really: no RB1 export, RBN, etc. news less than a week from launch?

Xevren said:
Sounds like more Muse in the future then!

It's long overdue. GH got Assassin, KOD, Plug In Baby and now Uprising. All RB has so far is Hysteria.

Awesome song, but how about some Stockholm Syndrome or New Born.

MUSE, Harmonix, do you speak it?

So if we exported RB1 songs to RB2, it will auto transfer the RB1 tracks along with RB2 ones to RB3 and not need seperate fees for each previous game?

BattleMonkey said:
So if we exported RB1 songs to RB2, it will auto transfer the RB1 tracks along with RB2 ones to RB3 and not need seperate fees for each previous game?

When you exported the RB1 songs, they were turned into DLC, so they will not count into the RB2 export.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Charron said:
:(

I was gonna do this one.

Maybe you can re-do the OP. Its a bit sparse by GAF standards.

I was expecting pics and videos of the new instruments with pricing and availability and other stuff.

Chairhome

BattleMonkey said:
Because they are now "DLC" in your drive, they should be accessible without having to do RB2 export even. Most of the songs worked on Lego Rock Band.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
BattleMonkey said:
Ah, so all DLC will automatically be transferred over?

At present, 2 RB1 export songs haven't transferred over into Rock Band 3. Its unknown yet if its a bug or a re-licensing issue.
One other DLC song by Tenacious D hasn't transferred over too.

navanman said:
At present, 2 RB1 export songs haven't transferred over into Rock Band 3. Its unknown yet if its a bug or a re-licensing issue.
One other DLC song by Tenacious D hasn't transferred over too.

I'm going to go with (hope for) bug since the Tenacious D song was licensed as DLC from the jump.

I like the theory that the big hold-up for the RB2 export announcement is that they are retrofitting all RB2 tracks with keys / pro instruments. It would be a great way to incentivize people to buy the pro guitars.

One of the things I'm most excited about is the ability to (effectively) delete songs from my 1000+ song library in RB3.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Blueblur1 said:
Is it wrong that what I'm looking forward to most, aside from more songs, is the reworked menu stuff?
That's the main reason I'm buying it.

U2NUMB

Can not wait for this game.. I would also love them to announce a double disc pack like Bon Jovi but for U2.. can not believe they have not been added to the game in some form.

y2dvd

legend166 said:
If we don't get some Radiohead DLC it will be a crime against humanity. Karma Police with keys = awesome.

How epic would it be to be able to play Paranoid Andriod damnit?!

U2NUMB said:
Can not wait for this game.. I would also love them to announce a double disc pack like Bon Jovi but for U2.. can not believe they have not been added to the game in some form.

anything up to and including Zooropa, and I'm in.

and FUCK YES to Radiohead DLC. Any and all.

Tomasooie

navanman said:
Maybe you can re-do the OP. Its a bit sparse by GAF standards.

I was expecting pics and videos of the new instruments with pricing and availability and other stuff.
Yes, this OT is extremely underwhelming. Was the OP offended by the Guitar Hero OT or something? I vote for a redo.

Go to IGN, search for Rock Band 3. Look, there's your pointless marketing bullshit OP.

Muse have a good to bad song ratio of about 1:50. New Born would be fine, other than that fuck them.

fernoca

Getting this next week on 360. Though I'll have to play it with a Guitar Hero 5 guitar; don't have the money to buy a Rock Band-branded one.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Amazon release day delivery for the game for me, so one more week til I can play. My keyboard should arrive next Friday. Still sticking with my RB1 Strat and ION drums. One of my housemates has an RB2 Strat and has a Mustang still scheduled to arrive next Thursday. Next weekend should be a great one.

U2NUMB

Zeouterlimits said:
It is quite odd. I'm sure both franchises must have tried for dlc at least. Did U2 object?

Edit: Huh, they did, but have reconsidered after The Beatles.

Yep they are interested now, I guess they were turned off by how games like GH Aerosmith turned out and hated the look of the game. Beatles however were treated really well so I think that was the turning point. I dont care how I just want some classic U2 in Rock Band in some form or another.

U2NUMB said:
Yep they are interested now, I guess they were turned off by how games like GH Aerosmith turned out and hated the look of the game. Beatles however were treated really well so I think that was the turning point. I dont care how I just want some classic U2 in Rock Band in some form or another.
Things U2 are interested in: money
Things U2 haven't been offered enough of: money.

Hopefully Jesus will intervene and help keep Bono away from my music games.

legend166 said:
If we don't get some Radiohead DLC it will be a crime against humanity. Karma Police with keys = awesome.

Also, the game may or may not be releasing in Australia in 2 days, instead of next week. I'm trying to confirm it now. That's the game only. I have it on good authority that the instruments won't be released in Australia at all.
Listen to this man. Also can we FINALLY get some arcade fire? Pretty please?

I don't really have enough time to play this game at release so I was going to pass, but I don't think I have it in me to not get Rock Band 3 as soon as it's available.

Phatcorns

Will all the songs be unlocked right at the beginning? I really, really hate unlocking stuff. Can I please just enjoy the content I am so looking forward to?

Ridley327

Phatcorns said:
Will all the songs be unlocked right at the beginning? I really, really hate unlocking stuff. Can I please just enjoy the content I am so looking forward to?
Every song is unlocked right away. No need to play through anything to get them.

Poona

Eye Drop said:
Can't find anywhere to import the Keyboard to Australia under $140 AUD :(

Looks like I'll have to submit and buy it as an EB Games Exclusive. Ugh.

I've ordered mine from amazon.com for about $105 AUD (including postage).

Ridley327

Vinterbird said:
But No Fail Mode is still sadly not on as default right?
Oddly enough, it's on automatically when you're playing Pro keys. You can switch it off in the overshell menu, but I thought that was a curious exception.

Ridley327 said:
Oddly enough, it's on automatically when you're playing Pro keys.

Odd they don't just turn it on when you go into band mode then. But perhaps having it on in Pro lets you relax a bit more, and don't punish you for trying to learn a song on guitar/keys.

ElNarez

Banned
Tomasooie said:
Yes, this OT is extremely underwhelming. Was the OP offended by the Guitar Hero OT or something? I vote for a redo.
It's an official thread on GAF, not a fucking geocities IGN page.

Top Bottom