• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckRacer

Hayley Friday starts early

3afzp.jpg

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Great. We get cursed with terrible DLC two days early. Good job, Duck.

Edit: Rock of Mages is so awesome. Plz replace Blood Red Rock with that song BC.

Ridley327

Is there really any point in speculating that the newsletter won't be about the Who thing on Sunday? Sure, we don't know of all the particulars, but there's little doubt to what's going to be revealed.

XShagrath

Ridley327 said:
Is there really any point in speculating that the newsletter won't be about the Who thing on Sunday? Sure, we don't know of all the particulars, but there's little doubt to what's going to be revealed.
Odds and Sods full album announcement?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
You do have to wonder what the state of The Who: Rock Band will be if we get much more DLC from them. Most of their megahits are already available in vanilla RB.

Ridley327

Just that logo that was leaked on one of those European retail websites. Pete may have also said something on the subject, but I couldn't tell you what and where right now.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ridley327 said:
Just that logo that was leaked on one of those European retail websites. Pete may have also said something on the subject, but I couldn't tell you what and where right now.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...ho-rock-band-on-the-way-daltrey-drops-a-hint/

Singer Roger Daltrey let the following tidbit slip in an interview with MassLive: “The game, yeah, yeah, they’re going to be doing a Who one next year. There is one planned. [The idea] is fabulous. Anything that gets non-musical people interested in music is wonderful.”

Mileena

Banned
Archie said:
hay guise I need some new workout music, preferably single songs. I need something that will keep me pumped for ~45 minutes. My staples are Maiden, Megadeth and Metallica and I'm getting bored of those.
lol you're such a fucking meathead.

but here

MrOctober

Banned
I know they have a huge catalog but really most of the well known Who songs will already be in the game. That's going to be a tough sell kind of.

XShagrath

Couldn't The Who: Rock Band just be some DLC megapack? I mean, these dinosaur artists don't know the difference, right? We've seen that happen before.

Birbo

Newb question: I know I can import all the RB1 songs into my RB2, but do I still have to play through the career mode to unlock the extra songs?

Birbo said:
Newb question: I know I can import all the RB1 songs into my RB2, but do I still have to play through the career mode to unlock the extra songs?
All but 3 RB1 songs import into RB2. And no, you don't have to unlock anything. Just pay the fee.

Mileena

Banned
XShagrath said:
Couldn't The Who: Rock Band just be some DLC megapack? I mean, these dinosaur artists don't know the difference, right? We've seen that happen before.
*rewinds to six months ago*

Couldn't Green Day: Rock Band just be some DLC megapack?

XShagrath

Birbo said:
To unlock the RB2 songs permanently, yes.

The quickest way to do this is to make a band and go into the "Tour Challenges" section. Do the Warmup Challenge on your instrument of choice and then it should unlock the Decades Challenges (60's, 70's, 80's, etc). Play those sets and you'll have all of the songs unlocked and only end up playing about 23 actual songs.

corkscrewblow said:
Could've, and should've.

corkscrewblow said:
*rewinds to six months ago*

HMX were the one saying the "special other projects" or whatever rubbish term though, rather than the band, right?

Mileena

Banned
JonathanEx said:
HMX were the one saying the "special other projects" or whatever rubbish term though, rather than the band, right?
I'm pretty sure someone from the band said something before HMX did.

I could be wrong though. My memory is pretty terrible.

ravien56

Was it Ridley or Allegate who said Darksiders would sell better than Bayonetta?

destructoid said:
An analyst has recently revealed that evidence from THQ's Q3 earnings report may suggest that Darksiders sold well under the publisher's expectations. Signal Hill Capital's Todd Greenwald believes that the excellent action/adventure game couldn't shift a million copies, despite the critical success and significant marketing campaign.

"[Darksiders] didn't perform up to THQ's expectations," explains Greenwald, "likely selling less than 1 million units despite heavy marketing dollars [and] 2-3 years of development costs." The analyst also adds that the game was being discounted in stores after only two weeks of sale.

Mileena

Banned
Awesome. Looks like I'll be able to buy Darksiders and Bayonetta for $20 each soon.

That is, if I care enough once MLB 10 and GoW3 come out.

ravien56

corkscrewblow said:
Awesome. Looks like I'll be able to buy Darksiders and Bayonetta for $20 each soon.

That is, if I care enough once MLB 10 and GoW3 come out.
The replay value on GOW3 is gonna be absolute shit. I'm on playthrough 3 on Bayonetta. Also, Jojo looks good with the blonde hair but whats up with the grey fingernails?

Mileena

Banned
Well GoW3 demo > Bayonetta demo, if that's anything to go by! And MLB 10 has infinite replay value because The Show is the best sports game franchise ever made. I'm gonna love tappin BBGs overpowered Yankees ass with the lolRays. I'm callin you out punk.

and I can't wait to see how they make Teixeira's face look. That's gonna be so lol worthy

Ridley327

ravien56 said:
Was it Ridley or Allegate who said Darksiders would sell better than Bayonetta?

How is less than a million disappointing for a new IP in a genre that is defined nearly exclusively by Zelda? Jesus Christ, this fucking gen.

It will still sell better than Bayonetta.

ravien56

Baseball sucks so the game sucks and Bayonetta is better than GOW already because it grades your performance. Yea in GOW you can beat the levels on multiple difficulties but you can't then retry them and try to pure platinum them or whatever.

allegate said:
It will still sell better than Bayonetta.
10 days till NPD.

Mileena

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Why is GOW3's replay value going to be shit?
Because he's a GoW-hatin PS3 fanboi.

edit: DMC4 grades your performance and that game is fucking terrible. I don't see the logic here! Do you need a grade to have fun? Anyway the only grade that ever mattered is Master Ninja

vid

I'm not impressed by JoJo Wednesday. Hayley Fridays are at least good for laughs, even when she doesn't appease the HMX DLC overlords.

ravien56

corkscrewblow said:
Because he's a GoW-hatin PS3 fanboi.
That's a oxymoron. All ps3 fanbois are going crazy for this shit.

cork said:
edit: DMC4 grades your performance and that game is fucking terrible. I don't see the logic here! Do you need a grade to have fun? Anyway the only grade that ever mattered is Master Ninja
Gow is shit compared to Bayonetta in terms of combat and action. The bosses are a lot better in GOW yea but still. I have that GOW collection and I still haven't played it because I'm too busy owning angels in Bayonetta.

Mileena

Banned
NameGenerated said:
The Bayonetta demo was garbage. GoWIII had a lot of awesome stuff in it. I can't wait.
The flying part is lame and I usually just quit once it comes up now but the mini bosses are awesome and the combat/visuals/EVERYTHING is just amazing. I didn't care about it before I played the demo but it's so damn good I can't help but be excited.

Grecco

corkscrewblow said:
Well GoW3 demo > Bayonetta demo, if that's anything to go by! And MLB 10 has infinite replay value because The Show is the best sports game franchise ever made. I'm gonna love tappin BBGs overpowered Yankees ass with the lolRays. I'm callin you out punk.

and I can't wait to see how they make Teixeira's face look. That's gonna be so lol worthy

Gears of War 3 demo? Cause GOW is shit and Bayonetta destroys it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom