• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOctober

Banned
Archie said:
Of course it will be one of the smartest shows when the only other things you watch are UFC and powerlifting competitions. :lol

I've forgotten more shit than you'll ever know. You have no idea how much shit I've seen and that sounds like jealousy from a fat kid. Go for another jog dude, try to keep those pounds off.

Ravien you like Mad Men your opinion is void :lol. Dexter is not the greatest running show either, season 3 sucked so fucking hard it wasn't even funny, all of the characters in Dexter are throwaway besides Deb and Dex, and it is clearly apparent which makes it all the worse.

I have to defend Lost though, It seriously is the best (subjective, I know) and most consistant show on television IMO. It has consistantly been above average for 6 years, there was a small lull in season 3, but 5 episodes of the eventual 122 episodes are shit, that isn't saying much. It has a hell of a track record.

Also spoiler tag that shit, people have requested in this thread that we don't talk spoilers.

Chuck is great but the first season is almost unwatchable compared to the quality of season two and beyond. I think it's a fantastic show and probably the one I look forward to most after Lost though.

Mileena

Banned
MrOctober said:
I've forgotten more shit than you'll ever know. You have no idea how much shit I've seen and that sounds like jealousy from a fat kid. Go for another jog dude, try to keep those pounds off.
nbavlc.gif

DuckRacer

Terrordactyl said:
Ravien you like Mad Men your opinion is void :lol. Dexter is not the greatest running show either, season 3 sucked so fucking hard it wasn't even funny, all of the characters in Dexter are throwaway besides Deb and Dex, and it is clearly apparent which makes it all the worse.

I have to defend Lost though, It seriously is the best (subjective, I know) and most consistant show on television IMO. It has consistantly been above average for 6 years, there was a small lull in season 3, but 5 episodes of the eventual 122 episodes are shit, that isn't saying much. It has a hell of a track record.

Also spoiler tag that shit, people have requested in this thread that we don't talk spoilers.

Chuck is great but the first season is almost unwatchable compared to the quality of season two and beyond. I think it's a fantastic show and probably the one I look forward to most after Lost though.
I said currently! Dexter S4 was amazing, Chuck has only had 3-4 mediocre-to-bad episodes ever. Besides, S3 is airing, not S1.

edit: hahaha holy shit, archie obliterated

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm not seeing the annihilation, but ok?

I'm guessing coming off as a whiny bitch to an obvious teasing comment and posting some accompanying Lost pics is ownage? Cool.

mooooose

DuckRacer said:
Best currently running TV show is Chuck (followed closely by Dexter), best TV show of all time is the West Wing.
I believe you mean Lost and Seinfeld (Or: Arrested Development). Nice try though.

DuckRacer said:
I said currently! Dexter S4 was amazing, Chuck has only had 3-4 mediocre-to-bad episodes ever. Besides, S3 is airing, not S1.

edit: hahaha holy shit, archie obliterated

S4 of dexter was good it redeemed itself I agree. I would say the first season of Chuck, which I just rewatched, has about 4 good episodes, it's not their fault though, I blame the writers strike. But still a lot of drivel in that first season, bad writing too. That said, I am loving the character progression currently and I am glad that the Chuck/Sarah conflict is on the back burner and I don't have to watch Chuck be such a pussy all the time. They need to end that shit immediatly, I will also lose my shit if Kristin Kreuk is a Ring employee. Also I like Daniel-what-ever-the-fuck-his-last-name-is.

Anyone who would sit through a two hour premiere of anything should have their head checked. It's like watching a movie with no ending.

Also Lost is so convoluted that anything they come up with will make sense because none of it makes any sense. They bombard you with so much crap and plot "twists." Also anything with time travel that isn't trying to be funny is actually ironically a joke.

Also, Lost has some of the worst dialogue and acting I've ever seen...and I've seen Avatar.

Have fun watching the show that came out of a meeting where ABC dickwad executives said "we need a drama version of survivor"

mooooose

Affeinvasion said:
Anyone who would sit through a two hour premiere of anything should have their head checked. It's like watching a movie with no ending.

Also Lost is so convoluted that anything they come up with will make sense because none of it makes any sense. They bombard you with so much crap and plot "twists." Also anything with time travel that isn't trying to be funny is actually ironically a joke.

Also, Lost has some of the worst dialogue and acting I've ever seen...and I've seen Avatar.

Have fun watching the show that came out of a meeting where ABC dickwad executives said "we need a drama version of survivor"
2dha5qo.gif
2dha5qo.gif
2dha5qo.gif

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Wow. All I can say is:

Kill them puppies.

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH

Edit:

Hey! You changed back to your old avatar...now I'm going to get confused with that other poster who stole it from you.

We should definitely get more arrested development gifs in here.

And lost isn't difficult to understand...it is just ridiculous. It does bring me great joy to hear Lost fans try and explain the show because they inevitably start to realize that the show is retarded and then answer with "you just have to watch it." This is how every single Lost justification breaks down.

Affeinvasion said:
We should definitely get more arrested development gifs in here.

And lost isn't difficult to understand...it is just ridiculous. It does bring me great joy to hear Lost fans try and explain the show because they inevitably start to realize that the show is retarded and then answer with "you just have to watch it." This is how every single Lost justification breaks down.
You can use this arguement about any piece of fantasy fiction. It's not supposed to be a realistic show based on nothing but science. Just because a plot involves science fiction conventions doesn't mean it's plot is stupid or poorly written.

TheGreatDave said:
You can use this arguement about any piece of fantasy fiction. It's not supposed to be a realistic show based on nothing but science. Just because a plot involves science fiction conventions doesn't mean it's plot is stupid or poorly written.

I agree with you there but Lost went off the deep end in the realm of sci-fi conventions. My biggest complaint with the show is that it seemed to be going for pseudo-realism and then basically threw that out the window with convenient plot elements. Alternate realities and time-travel are bad plot devices because they allow you to do literally anything.

Grecco

Affeinvasion said:
I agree with you there but Lost went off the deep end in the realm of sci-fi conventions. My biggest complaint with the show is that it seemed to be going for pseudo-realism and then basically threw that out the window with convenient plot elements. Alternate realities and time-travel are bad plot devices because they allow you to do literally anything.

Giving a creator a blank canvas is best.

Affeinvasion said:
Only if you're paradoxical, which as of right now we don't know they have. S5 was handled perfectly.

XShagrath

OMG! I just realized that there were two hours of LOST last night!

<head explodes>

I don't have any television, so I "found" the ep last night, but I guess the other one hadn't finished yet. I'll be watching the other episode shortly.

MrOctober

Banned
XShagrath said:
OMG! I just realized that there were two hours of LOST last night!

<head explodes>

I don't have any television, so I "found" the ep last night, but I guess the other one hadn't finished yet. I'll be watching the other episode shortly.

:lol

Yeah part 1 and part 2. Wait til you see the second half.

ravien56 said:
Fuck. Lost fans are like Sony fan bois. Make fun of their platform and they get all defensive.
To be fair, you've not actually watched the show to make a good conclusion. It's more like SE fans saying how the Japanese would react to certain motivations.

ravien56

Thats what bugs me about all this. I just said it sounds stupid and crazy, not that I'm not ever gonna watch it, I can't say its shit until I've actually watched the show but immediately everyone started getting all defensive about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom