• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
When our realtar strings inevitably break, can we use any strings to replace them or will we have to buy specially branded MadCatz strings that retail for $29.99?

Archie said:
When our realtar strings inevitably break, can we use any strings to replace them or will we have to buy specially branded MadCatz strings that retail for $29.99?
I highly doubt that you will have to buy proprietary strings, if its a real guitar any strings will work. Although make sure you educate yourself before buying new strings.

JeTmAn81

Terrordactyl said:
I highly doubt that you will have to buy proprietary strings, if its a real guitar any strings will work. Although make sure you educate yourself before buying new strings.

Since the RealTar is pretty much a full-on guitar, you should be able to use any brand of strings you want. You can get regular strings for $5-8, or longer-lasting ones for $10+. You'll probably want to buy strings with a gauge of .10 for the high E.

I wouldn't worry too much about breaking strings, though. I can't see any of the Real Guitar Newbs doing too much bending for quite a while. Does the game actually model bends?

TheGreatDave said:
Cymbals are old news in GH world.
They're old news in RB too, I've technically been playing pro drums for 18 months now, I guess ill finally get some recognition for it. Pro drums seem like a bit of a cop out, no hihat and no charted double bass, not very pro if you ask me.

Remfin

Best Rock Band Game Since The Beatles: Rock Band Was Supposed To Change The Entire Genre With Millions Of Sales That Brought In Moms And Dads To The Platform Stake Heart Activision Auuuughhhhh

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
AMUSIX said:
Watching it now...it's like a study in ackwardness
Worse than the Crysis 2 presentation at the EA conference?

DuckRacer

I'm already sick of Break On Through. I think that's a record.

edit: 800 of the cars in GT5 are upscaled GT4 models. Six-year-long development time, hell yeah!

ElNarez

Banned
Here's something from the SA forums :
1znri8o.jpg

RB3 best game ever CONFIRMED.

I played more Green Day today and without question the best drum songs in the game all come from American Idiot. Jesus Of Suburbia, Letter Bomb, American Idiot etc.

Everything else is pretty much standard fast ass punk song number 1.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
ElNarez said:
Probably.

Mathematically, no. Unless they change the cut-offs, a gold star represents some average score per note higher than the 100 points that a 4x combo gives. Currently you must deploy overdrive to gold star a song on any instrument.

Now, whether disable means "no fills at all" or "Beatles-style fills", I don't know, but if it's the first you probably can't GS.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
ravien56 said:
I wonder if you disable Drum fills, if the game will let you GS a song.
Did you play TB:RB? That's how they'll do it. DO WANT.

DGRP

PhoncipleBone said:
Ok, if he midi adapter lets you use any midi guitar on the game, couldn't you just use a guitar to midi box to use any regular guitar with the game? Then all you would lose is the visual cues of the touch neck. The only major issue I can think of is latency of going from the guitar to the converter to the midi control dingle.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P7QSE4/?tag=neogaf0e-20

The main issue is that many MIDI boxes are monophonic, meaning it could clearly track one note and will be confused when you're playing power chords or any chord for that matter.

The Squier has built-in sensors to prevent that kinda thing.

DGRP said:
The main issue is that many MIDI boxes are monophonic, meaning it could clearly track one note and will be confused when you're playing power chords or any chord for that matter.

The Squier has built-in sensors to prevent that kinda thing.
Got it. Cool.

With the news of the real tar being potentially delayed, I was looking for another solution besides the half tar. Buuuuut it looks like it's half tar after all.

BigBlackGamer said:
I played more Green Day today and without question the best drum songs in the game all come from American Idiot. Jesus Of Suburbia, Letter Bomb, American Idiot etc.

Everything else is pretty much standard fast ass punk song number 1.
21st century breakdown is not very fun on drums there a few songs that are ok and the title track is easily the standout.

AMUSIX

Well, I'm happy to continue using my beatles guitars until the realtar gets released. I think I'll like playing through the game's soundtrack vanilla, and then going back and playing through the whole thing again, pro.

AMUSIX said:
Well, I'm happy to continue using my beatles guitars until the realtar gets released. I think I'll like playing through the game's soundtrack vanilla, and then going back and playing through the whole thing again, pro.
Hmmm, that is another possibility. And stops me from spending the christmas fund on myself.
I do want the cymbal pack pronto though.

Damn you with your rational thinking AMUSIX! (Goes to bust out the McCartney bass).

Grecco said:
This industry cant take more industry changing changes. Wasnt it Time or Wired that said The Beatles Rock band was the most important game ever too
The industry changed then too. It changed the meaning of "most important game ever" to mean "not selling anywhere nearly what some people were expecting."

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/626637...k-updated-impressions?tag=top_stories;story;7

It was only earlier this week that Activision finally took the official wraps off the latest game in its venerable Guitar Hero series--Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock. This latest title seeks to channel all things rock and metal, and in doing so introduces an approach previously unseen in the company’s plastic power-chord series. Quest mode grows straight set play to include a story-driven experience, tracking the rise of the game’s virtual namesakes as they attempt to tackle the lord of the underworld, "The Beast," and free the demigod of rock.

We snuck into the Activision booth for a quick follow-up look at the game and found the Neversoft development team showing off a fresh lady rocker by the name of Echo Tesla. Born of the elements, Echo’s look straddles the line between rock and industrial, with a bandana concealing the meeting point between her pale-skinned face and her jet-black hair. Buckles and studs adorn her outfit, matching the look and feel of her custom venue, a giant outdoor stage complete with whirring cogs, huge speaker stacks, and coiled metallic lightning rods.

Like each of the other playable characters in GH: Warriors of Rock, Echo has her own set of special skills. In addition to being able to throw down some mean licks, she earns star power simply by hitting a fixed number of notes without error. Her attribute, "star power generator," rewards the player 5 percent of the total star power energy bar for each successful 10-note streak.

Once you’ve earned the requisite number of stars by playing her particular musical set, she will evolve. While she is strapped to a wooden platform and raised high into the air, nature relentlessly strikes her and causes her to change. Jumping back to the ground, Echo is now wearing goggles. Her once long and flowing hair has been replaced with large, steel chain dreadlocks, a good fit alongside her matching steampunk boots. Unlocking level two of star power generator rewards an additional amount of power per streak, for a total of 10 percent for playing flawlessly. Skilled players will be able to deploy their multiplier doubler and continue to accrue enough energy to offset the loss over time as they play the song--provided they don’t mess up.

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock is due out on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii in September this year. For a full rundown of the changes and the tracklist, check out our first look here.

Stay tuned for more GameSpot coverage from E3 2010.

tl;dr Guitar Hero characters are now Pokemon that evolve. Innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom