• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Platform |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Exclusive concept art of Pig Lars found:

1s1geu.png

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yea, it runs alright.
Runs fine on my phone, too.
Do you have access to a tripod and hopefully also a camera that can shoot in something other than full-auto, though?
Whatever you do, do NOT resort to using a flash.

AMUSIX

TAJ said:
Runs fine on my phone, too.
Do you have access to a tripod and hopefully also a camera that can shoot in something other than full-auto, though?
Whatever you do, do NOT resort to using a flash.
I've got a few professional cameras, and tripods, but it's still very difficult to get satisfying shots from the tank. Glare is easy enough to overcome (take shots at night, no light in the room, clean glass, etc) and motion can be reduced by shutting down the pumps for a short while, but getting proper saturation on the colors, and a good white balance still eludes me...not to mention the aperture wants to stay open a touch too long, causing blur because things are still moving in the tank.

I still try from time to time, but I can't quite nail it.

I might just take a waterproof point-and-shoot I have and see if I can get something worthwhile from inside the tank.

AMUSIX said:
if it were 58, I'd assume they just had all songs unlocked on their dev kits....but 57...well, Ozzy's back now....so it looks like we're getting that Metallica pack after all
They better release it after having the lawyers for EA shouting at me when I posted that statement from them about Metallica songs, that was bloody years ago.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
AMUSIX said:
I've got a few professional cameras, and tripods, but it's still very difficult to get satisfying shots from the tank. Glare is easy enough to overcome (take shots at night, no light in the room, clean glass, etc) and motion can be reduced by shutting down the pumps for a short while, but getting proper saturation on the colors, and a good white balance still eludes me...not to mention the aperture wants to stay open a touch too long, causing blur because things are still moving in the tank.

I still try from time to time, but I can't quite nail it.

I might just take a waterproof point-and-shoot I have and see if I can get something worthwhile from inside the tank.
I don't even pay attention to white balance until I get into my RAW converter. RAW is awesome, btw. 16-bits-per-channel gives you a ton of leeway to correct. What ISO are you shooting at? Can you go higher without grain getting out of control? Are you using the widest aperture you can? Also, the fish tank light is likely deficient in some visible wavelengths compared to the sun, which would contribute to saturation issues.
Easiest way to get great pictures of pretty much anything is outdoors on an overcast day, though. Nature's studio lighting.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Hey guys let's play 'pointless list time'! If HMX were wizards, which five songs would you want to be recharted for pro mode? Mine would be:

Tornado of Souls
Hallowed be thy Name
More Than a Feeling
YYZ
Blue Sky

Natakuu

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
I played more Green Day today and without question the best drum songs in the game all come from American Idiot. Jesus Of Suburbia, Letter Bomb, American Idiot etc.

Everything else is pretty much standard fast ass punk song number 1.
I disagree. I think a lot of the Dookie charts were really fun and fairly different than what we've seen in the game before. American Idiot stuff felt fairly normal outside of a few parts here and there, mildly fun but nothing really stood out to me as something I'd want to play on a normal basis. 21st Century Breakdown was pretty horrid overall:lol

TAJ

Archie said:
Hey guys let's play 'pointless list time'! If HMX were wizards, which five songs would you want to be recharted for pro mode?
Best not to torture yourself with thoughts like that. Just hope for shitty DLC the next few months and let it go, man.

TAJ

NameGenerated said:
They Say.
That's actually a good pick. Real talk. I need some confidence-builders.

birdman

I just realized: Are they gonna chart differently depending on what the guitar is tuned to in the song? They could fuck up the people learning from the game if they don't.

birdman said:
I just realized: Are they gonna chart differently depending on what the guitar is tuned to in the song? They could fuck up the people learning from the game if they don't.
They could just state the tuning at the begining of the song.

I wonder about capo's too

birdman said:
I'm more talking in a drop tuning situation where the barring changes.
Yeah but if there's a capo on the 3rd fret that makes the 4th fret a 1 on the chart, see what I'm getting at? Maybe they'll include a capo I dunnno.

birdman

Terrordactyl said:
Yeah but if there's a capo on the 3rd fret that makes the 4th fret a 1 on the chart, see what I'm getting at? Maybe they'll include a capo I dunnno.

Yeah, that's a good question too. There's a lot of variables to deal with.

AMUSIX

TAJ said:
I don't even pay attention to white balance until I get into my RAW converter. RAW is awesome, btw. 16-bits-per-channel gives you a ton of leeway to correct. What ISO are you shooting at? Can you go higher without grain getting out of control? Are you using the widest aperture you can? Also, the fish tank light is likely deficient in some visible wavelengths compared to the sun, which would contribute to saturation issues.
Easiest way to get great pictures of pretty much anything is outdoors on an overcast day, though. Nature's studio lighting.
hmmm, maybe I should play with a little more post to see what I can come up with....as for the aperture, yeah, I've got that thing as wide as a débutante's legs on prom night...and I might be able to push the ISO higher, if I then shrink down the image in post to remove some of the grain. And, yes, the fishtank light is something like 600 and below.

I'll try to get some shots this weekend, see what I come up with. Will hold off on the thread until then

Capo isn't a big deal they're only about 5 bucks, I hope they chart for it thoug, because when you're learning a song you want to learn it right way.

I doubt they will allow for playing the same note on a different string, it'll be what's charted, I've always cheated crazy trains main riff like that.

AMUSIX

I'm absolutely loving the meltdowns in the GT5 'only 200 premium cars' thread. Funny thing is, about a year ago, I was told that GT5 would have 1000 cars, but only 200 of them would be on the disk, with the rest being released as themed DLC packs. I assumed it was bullshit or a gross misunderstanding, despite a pretty reliable source. Now I'm thinking it wasn't that far off...we'll see when DLC starts to get announced.

AMUSIX said:
I'm absolutely loving the meltdowns in the GT5 'only 200 premium cars' thread. Funny thing is, about a year ago, I was told that GT5 would have 1000 cars, but only 200 of them would be on the disk, with the rest being released as themed DLC packs. I assumed it was bullshit or a gross misunderstanding, despite a pretty reliable source. Now I'm thinking it wasn't that far off...we'll see when DLC starts to get announced.
GT5 just seems too much like a cluster fuck.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I've already said I don't like racing sims, but insanely detailed cockpit view + head tracking + 3D sounds ridiculously cool.

Too bad it costs so damn much.

Bebedora

Just finished making the plans, and I will be meeting up with some girl Rock Band 2 players (the one girl has her Quad Plat too!) in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, for a week in August. :)

Should be a lot of fun! I've played with them a lot online, it will be great to play in person.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Bebedora said:
Just finished making the plans, and I will be meeting up with some girl Rock Band 2 players (the one girl has her Quad Plat too!) in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, for a week in August. :)

Should be a lot of fun! I've played with them a lot online, it will be great to play in person.

o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom