• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

rAJZNWn.gif
Mah boy!

pacman85

stolen from reddit:

Legacy:
Blondie - One Way or Another (RB2)
David Bowie - Suffragate City (RB1)
Europe - The Final Countdown (Lego)
Green Day - Holiday (Green Day RB/DLC)
Jimmy Eat World - The Middle (RB2)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (DLC)
Pearl Jam - Alive (RB2 (live version available as DLC))
Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (RB3)

New to the series:
Carrie Underwood - Church Bells
Catfish and the Bottlemen - Postpone
Coldplay - Birds
Maroon 5 - Maps
Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait
Parks - Sweater Sweather
The Pretty Reckless - Heaven Knows
The Starting Line - Quitter
Switchfoot - Float
The Temper Trap - Alive
Twin Atlantic - I Am Alive
The Wind and the Wave - Grand Canyon

MrNelson

Banned
So this is what the Rock Band VR setlist currently looks like

Legacy:
Aerosmith - "Walk This Way" (DLC)
Alice In Chains - "Man in the Box" (RB2)
Avenged Sevenfold - "Beast and the Harlot" (RB3)
Blondie - "One Way or Another" (RB2)
Bon Jovi - "Livin' On A Prayer" (RB2/DLC)
David Bowie - "Suffragate City" (RB1)
DragonForce - "Through The Fire And Flames" (DLC)
Europe - "The Final Countdown" (Lego)
Foo Fighters - "Everlong" (RB2)
Green Day - "Holiday" (Green Day RB/DLC)
Jimmy Eat World - "The Middle" (RB2)
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts - "Bad Reputation" (DLC)
The Killers - "When You Were Young" (RB1)
Megadeth - "Hangar 18" (DLC)
Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (DLC)
Pearl Jam - "Alive" (RB2 (live version available as DLC))
Stone Temple Pilots - "Plush" (RB3)
Van Halen - "Panama" (RB4)

New to the series:
Against The Current - "Running With The Wild Things"
Arctic Horror - "Black Seas"
AudioDamn! - "Lights Out"
Basement - "Promise Everything"
The Black Keys - "Gold On The Ceiling"
Carrie Underwood - "Church Bells"
Catfish and the Bottlemen - "Postpone"
Coldplay - "Birds"
Ghost - "Cirice"
Maroon 5 - "Maps"
Mumford & Sons - "I Will Wait"
Oasis - "Champagne Supernova"
OneRepublic - "Counting Stars"
Paramore - "Ain't It Fun"
Parks - "Sweater Weather"
The Pretty Reckless - "Heaven Knows"
The Shelters - "Rebel Heart"
Spirit Kid - "To My Romeo"
The Starting Line - "Quitter"
Switchfoot - "Float"
The Temper Trap - "Alive"
Twin Atlantic - "I Am Alive"
The Wind and the Wave - "Grand Canyon"

FyreWulff

I don't really know what rock band vr is. Is this on PS4 and pc? Are these songs coming to rivals as well?

RBVR is PC only

As far as we know pretty much all the songs should be making their way over to RB4 outside of any ones that don't want to be sold as singles digitally..

Time for this weeks DLC playthrough scores, stem confirmations and DLC impressions!

"Can't Hold Us" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Ray Dalton - [Guitar: Tier 1 | Bass: Tier 0 | Drums: Tier 5 | Vocals: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 87,168 | 100% Notes Hit (479/479) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 53,789 | 100% Notes Hit (273/273) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"That's What You Get" - Paramore - [Guitar: Tier 0 | Bass: Tier 0 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 90,844 | 100% Notes Hit (528/528) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 124,898 | 100% Notes Hit (634/634) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations:
Sadly only "That's What You Get" has stems this week, which is a given considering it's an export song. "Can't Hold Us" is a flop unfortunately with a VERY obvious DIY job. Just 1 of 2 this week unfortunately!

DLC Impressions:Pretty unexceptional week "Can't Hold Us" is a slow paced guitar and bass song with quite a lot of dead space and pauses, and "That's What You Get" is your standard throwaway warm-up song on both instruments, and while note as sparce as the former song, it's pretty unremarkable outsides of some steady alt-strumming at a couple of points during the song on guitar. Only get these songs if you like them basically. Those for looking for interesting charts need not apply.

Best Guitar: "That's What You Get"
Best Bass: "That's What You Get"
Worst Guitar: "Can't Hold Us"
Worst Bass: "Can't Hold Us"

CloudWolf

Temper Trap? Huh, I remember I requested them way back in 2008. Their first album is much better (for Rock Band) than their new stuff.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
How's the Jaguar guitar? Worth picking up, or is the build quality crap? Also, with the collapsing, does it have connection issues? Thanks!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
i like it. the connection is a ribbon cable inside the hinge, it never actually disconnects.

Oh, cool. I had memories of that Guitar Hero one, I think it was 3, losing connection all the time.

So, better responsiveness than the original RB4 ones?

Surprised nobody posted a list of the new songs announced for Harmonix's music card battle game "Dropmix"! Considering there's a healthy chance of these coming over to RB4 for some point it's worth skimming through the tracks that aren't RB repeats in the setlist.

"Take Over Control" - Afrojack (Ft. Eva Simons)
"I Don't Like It, I Love It" - Flo Rida (Ft. Robin Thicke, Verdine White)
"Blown Away" - Carrie Underwood
"The Mother We Share" - CHVRCHES
"Barbra Streisand" - Duck Sauce
"Sexy And I Know It" - LMFAO
"Say My Name" - Odezsa (Ft. Zyra)
"La Mordidita" - Ricky Martin (Ft. Yotuel)
"Temperature" - Sean Paul
"Bangarang" - Skrillex
"Scenario" - A Tribe Called Quest
"Bust A Move" - Young M.C

"It's Tricky" - Run DMC

A lot of generic pop stuff, but HMX having the licensing rights to songs by "A Tribe Called Quest", "Young M.C" and "Run DMC" is a big deal for me. Great 1980's Rap and Hip-Hop! I've been requesting all three tracks by each respective artist for a loooong time! And considering the song is all about mashing up tracks together there's a high chance all these have stems too!

Megatron

With most of the news being about rock band vr, maybe that deserves its own thread. I keep seeing the new songs and then 'oh. Rock band vr.'

Surprised nobody posted a list of the new songs announced for Harmonix's music card battle game "Dropmix"! Considering there's a healthy chance of these coming over to RB4 for some point it's worth skimming through the tracks that aren't RB repeats in the setlist.

"Take Over Control" - Afrojack (Ft. Eva Simons)
"I Don't Like It, I Love It" - Flo Rida (Ft. Robin Thicke, Verdine White)
"Blown Away" - Carrie Underwood
"The Mother We Share" - CHVRCHES
"Barbra Streisand" - Duck Sauce
"Sexy And I Know It" - LMFAO
"Say My Name" - Odezsa (Ft. Zyra)
"La Mordidita" - Ricky Martin (Ft. Yotuel)
"Temperature" - Sean Paul
"Bangarang" - Skrillex
"Scenario" - A Tribe Called Quest
"Bust A Move" - Young M.C

"It's Tricky" - Run DMC

A lot of generic pop stuff, but HMX having the licensing rights to songs by "A Tribe Called Quest", "Young M.C" and "Run DMC" is a big deal for me. Great 1980's Rap and Hip-Hop! I've been requesting all three tracks by each respective artist for a loooong time! And considering the song is all about mashing up tracks together there's a high chance all these have stems too!

If they can get "Scenario" in Rock Band, they would win back a ton of a respect for me.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I am picking up Rivals today, so if anyone wants to add me, my PSN name is in my profile. I play expert guitar/bass, though it's been quite a while since I last played. I also have all the disc exports and many, older, DLC songs (with some new ones).

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Spent two hours downloading songs (811) and played for two shows (that announcement PS4 d"ding" is going to give me nightmares). Good to be back with RB4! The guitar, besides for a bit of a wiggly neck, is great... super responsive and calibration worked the first fucking time, hallelujah! and it's PERFECT. I haven't ever said that with a MC guitar. Anyway, very happy with Rivals.

Did HMX make any audio changes for Rivals?... I swear the game sounds better.

Rainer70

Strolled into Gamestop today just to browse, and saw a RB4 + Rivals + Jaguar guitar bundle for $40 so I snatched it up. Any good deals on drum sets for PS4? Amazon didn't seem to have anything on sale.

Edit: Just looked again, Amazon seems to have the whole band bundle + game for $99. I think I'm gonna snatch that and return my GS bundle (or maybe keep the guitar for local MP)

Farside

Unconfirmed Member

pacman85

It's been a while-- when do they normally announce the DLC, and when does it get released?
Announced on Tuesday released on Thursday. Up until this month they would announce ALL of the artists and songs on the first Tuesday of the month then announce the specific coming each week every Tuesday. This month seems like an exception though rather than a new rule because of all the news they have to share. I much prefer the method of announcing everything at once at the beginning of the month. That way I can figure out how much money I'm spending on RB for the month one time at the beginning. Also, I would rather be disappointed once a month than 4/5 times per month if its songs I don't like.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Don't even joke about that. It would revitalize my playing so much. I would even happily rebuy most songs.

I know, right?

Announced on Tuesday released on Thursday. Up until this month they would announce ALL of the artists and songs on the first Tuesday of the month then announce the specific coming each week every Tuesday. This month seems like an exception though rather than a new rule because of all the news they have to share. I much prefer the method of announcing everything at once at the beginning of the month. That way I can figure out how much money I'm spending on RB for the month one time at the beginning. Also, I would rather be disappointed once a month than 4/5 times per month if its songs I don't like.

Thanks! And we have no idea what the "big news" is yet?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, right. And The Record Co. free tracks.

Quick question: There are some tracks that state "Purchased" but when I try to download them there is no option-- I'm assuming these are long known issues. "Dreaming of Love" being the only one I can remember right now.

EDIT: Oh, WTF: The Electric Six songs are not available for download anymore, even if I have previously downloaded them on PS4?! FUCK. THAT.

EDIT 2: Delisted. Sonuvabitch... Rock Band is a bit ruined now...

Oh, right. And The Record Co. free tracks.

Quick question: There are some tracks that state "Purchased" but when I try to download them there is no option-- I'm assuming these are long known issues. "Dreaming of Love" being the only one I can remember right now.

EDIT: Oh, WTF: The Electric Six songs are not available for download anymore, even if I have previously downloaded them on PS4?! FUCK. THAT.

EDIT 2: Delisted. Sonuvabitch... Rock Band is a bit ruined now...

Yeah, the Electrix Six pack has been unavailable for a loooong time on both platforms, at this rate I'm wondering if they'll ever get rectified, at least "Bark At The Moon" and "2112" have been fixed.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the Electrix Six pack has been unavailable for a loooong time on both platforms, at this rate I'm wondering if they'll ever get rectified, at least "Bark At The Moon" and "2112" have been fixed.

I swear when I first bought RB4 on release day the ES songs were there. Oh, well. I think I read they were delisted?

Getting quite addicted to this game again...

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
I swear when I first bought RB4 on release day the ES songs were there. Oh, well. I think I read they were delisted?

Getting quite addicted to this game again...

Yeah they were, I bought and downloaded them when RB4 came out. But I also redownloaded them when Rivals came out (because I went digital and had to delete the old RB4), so I dunno what happened in the meantime.

Top Bottom