• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Me and a couple of friends have been playing the online multiplayer and although it's great to have the feature it seems such a shame that they don't let you all play the campaign together or create longer set lists or play saved set lists. or seem to link the online multiplayer to your rivals band.

What are the chances they will add any of this or do you think what we have with multiplayer online is all we will get?

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Did I miss that they aren't doing the DLC announcement today? They usually release it at 9AM on Tuesdays.
No they haven't made the announcement yet. Don't know what's the reason for the delay other than them telling us what exactly is in the March update.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Of course the week I decide to rebuy and play the update is delayed... The worst part of Rock Band-- the update metagame.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I have tried a few times to play online, but I keep failing to connect. It states to check my internet connection. WTF, Biff. I can connect to the the store from the game... is the online portion just screwy?

I have tried a few times to play online, but I keep failing to connect. It states to check my internet connection. WTF, Biff. I can connect to the the store from the game... is the online portion just screwy?

I can never join online when using legacy instruments. No idea whether it's just me, but try using a controller, you can easily change instruments when in a group.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I can never join online when using legacy instruments. No idea whether it's just me, but try using a controller, you can easily change instruments when in a group.

Using the Jaguar. But will try that out next time. Also, any Crews here I can join? (on PS4)

FyreWulff

PS4? It's a known thing, due to Sony's sandbox limitations. Using a controller to join and then switch was their fix to get around it. It's due to the joining mechanism touching the actual PS4 OS for a moment.

PS4? It's a known thing, due to Sony's sandbox limitations. Using a controller to join and then switch was their fix to get around it. It's due to the joining mechanism touching the actual PS4 OS for a moment.
Yeah I worked that out after much delibation when I got Rivals.

vg260

Yeah, the Electrix Six pack has been unavailable for a loooong time on both platforms, at this rate I'm wondering if they'll ever get rectified, at least "Bark At The Moon" and "2112" have been fixed.

I miss Dance Epidemic... such a blast to play!

I miss the E6 songs so much. They're one of my favorite bands.
It's a shame we never got "I Buy the Drugs" in RB3 with the keyboard

We could have easily gotten "Danger! High Voltage" instead of "I Don't like You" from a scoop I heard way back. I would have preferred it, especially now with harmonies.

On that note, go request Danger! High Voltage:
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request/

Just ordered band in a box. Kind of feels like going back in time to 2008 again.

EDIT: Do the madcatz cymbals work with the new rivals drums? Or are there new cymbals too?

Ryanski72

Neo Member
Anybody know what the latest cheap go to e cymbal is for replacing a broken cymbal on the ion's? Any help would be appreciated.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome news! Hilarious character and perfect song for DLC.

Also, you can get some delisted songs in you have previously downloaded them by going through your Download List on the PSN store. I got Dance Epidemic and Gay Bar that way. I was bummed when I saw them unavailable, so happy to have them back now!

Right, leaderboards are up so it's time for my first playthrough scores, stem confirmations and DLC impressions for this week's single, "Danger Zone"!

"Danger Zone" - Kenny Loggins - [Guitar: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 4 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 4]
Expert Guitar: 127,992 | 100% Notes Hit (417/417) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 142,806 | 100% Notes Hit (585/585) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations:
Unfortunately there's no legit stems this week, which is to be expected to be honest if you know anything about Danger Zone's recordings. Still sounds damn good though, there's obvious muffling on the vocal track when missing notes but the instrument stems doesn't take too much of a dip in quality, and whammying doesn't really affect the track much. This is one of the few stemless songs that I'd actually recommend to peeps if they're fussy about master tracks and stems, go for it!

DLC Impressions: The guitar chart is pretty solid for the most part, consisting of mostly alt-strumming 3 note chord bursts and sustains as well as some steady single note and chord strumming. For some bonkers reason though Harmonix in their infinite wisdom decided to chart the keyboard twice at the beginning of the song, requiring you to frantically move up the fretboard four hammer-ons at a time over and over again, it really breaks the flow of the song and why they included it is beyond me. The solo is pretty rad though, requiring you to zig-zag back and forth in a hammer-on snake on the upper end of the fretboard before finishing off with hammer-ons back and forth between red and blue, and green and yellow, probably the highlight of the chart. So yeah, overall a solid chart, shame some stupid charting decisions drag it down a little. The bass chart on the other hand is an absolute blast, requiring a ton of steady strumming up and down in short bursts to begin with before transitioning into a constant snake up and down the fretboard during the intervals, having to use all 5 frets, strumming each one individually, it's fantastic, and probably my favourite bass chart of the year so far. So it's a must buy for you bassists out there!

So were there no bug fixes in this March update?
No, but they're coming in the next patch according to HMX Josh in reddit.

No bugfixes with this update, but we're working on them! They'll be included in the next patch.

The next update is going to be a meaty one. Last year we did monthly updates for the first half of the year, but not all of them even had content in them. Some were bugfixes only, some were content-heavy like this (but didn't have as much content as this did).

These aren't coming as quickly, but I think that in the first six months of 2017 we'll be delivering more than we did in the first six months of 2016

C7Du5ocU8AA9naZ.jpg:large

Pull Me Under time.

Congrats, person whose name I forgot who kept asking us to request Freewill, we've got Freewill! And I couldn't be more delighted. Well, unless they release Headlong Flight.

*Goes to request Headlong Flight again*

Top Bottom