• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

pacman85

As expected, all RBVR songs. I hope they keep pushing out all of the RBVR songs that aren't DLC yet. We will get some good songs if that's the case. You gotta figure they licensed them all as RBDLC as well as part of the RBVR setlist. Also, I would guess the charts are mostly done so hopefully it's not too much additional work.

Will get "Counting Stars" and "Use Somebody". Not a fan of Mumford and Sons so that's a skip for me. Nice to see the RBVR songs are coming to RB4 so quickly. Now give me the Rush, Ghost and Dream Theater songs!

FyreWulff

free theme for PS4:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...heme/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-UTH0000000007243

C7dRkncU4AAXx6M.jpg:large

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
So it looks like the DLC updates will slowly release the VR setlist to Rivals? I can live with that, even if this week blows.

chunk3rvd

Maybe old news but something I only just noticed - when the RB2 export finally released in the EU, it was missing Livin on a Prayer. If you search for "export" on the PSN store the RB2 export still shows as free as if you can purchase it again. Doing so just adds one song to your download list - Livin on a Prayer. One song closer to my full setlist being back :)

Out of interest, if I buy Green Day: Rock Band now would I still be able to export if it was a new copy?

I'm assuming not but I've been craving some Green Day and I dont want to buy the overpriced albums.

FyreWulff

Out of interest, if I buy Green Day: Rock Band now would I still be able to export if it was a new copy?

I'm assuming not but I've been craving some Green Day and I dont want to buy the overpriced albums.

Nope. There was some loophole where I think the PS3 version was still able to export it but I think even that one is gone now

Only picked up the OneRepublic and Kings of Leon tracks seeing as I'm not a fan of Mumford & Sons so here's my first playthrough scores, impressions and stem confirmations for this week's songs!:

"Counting Stars" - OneRepublic - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 5 | Vocals: Tier 4]
Expert Guitar: 225,829 | 100% Notes Hit (1209/1209) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 98,396 | 100% Notes Hit (426/426) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Use Somebody" - Kings of Leon -
[Guitar: Tier 1 | Bass: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 1]
Expert Guitar: 225,808 | 100% Notes Hit (873/873) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 156,551 | 100% Notes Hit (837/837) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "Use Somebody" is legit, no muffling of other tracks when missing notes on your own instrument. "Counting Stars" makes it 2 out of 2 for the tracks I've purchased this week. A buddy of mine confirmed "I Will Wait" is also legit, so that's three songs this week, all with legit stems! This lends creedence to all the new tracks in Rock Band VR having masters and split stems!

DLC Impressions: "Counting Stars" has a pretty decent guitar chart! Starts off with a series of steadily strummed alternating single notes and chords with little hammer-on flourishes in between. The second half of the song consists off a pretty fun alt-strumming string of double strummed single notes and chords, like a disco riff but nowhere near as annoying! Overall, pretty decent. Bass is a bit run of the mill though, plenty of steady single note strumming and long held sustains with a few pattern changes here and there. Overall a solid song for both instruments."Use Somebody" has a guitar chart that's pretty engaging for a tier 1 chart, if a little simple. Loads of two-note and 3-note chord strumming with some single strumming in between during the verses, it changes up just enough to not get too dull throughout the songs running time. The bass is pretty similar in terms of beat and pace, expect it mainly consists of single note strumming, there's a bit later that has a few pauses throughout but other than that it doesn't really stray much from the established pattern. Pretty so-so.

Best Guitar: "Counting Stars"
Best Bass: "Use Somebody"

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Lego Rock Band export is out for SCEE. One month before schedule, wow.

I'm so jelly :'(

Gorger

Sweet just downloaded Lego Rock Band. Finally!! All exports are now officially out. We're only missing the 20-free RB2 songs and various packs and DLC's.

Good going Harmonix.

After the hassle we've gone through, I wasn't expecting two games (+ Blitz, for those who don't own it) to all come out this month. 20 free songs and track pack 2 and I'll finally have a complete library!

...Ignoring all the other missing DLC, and delisted tracks and RBN. But we're getting there.

pacman85

I'm happy for you SIEE peeps getting the exports finally. Although part of that happiness is selfish because Harmonix said once they figure out all those exports is when they will shift their focus to bringing forward the delisted songs and I have plenty of those!

FyreWulff

So, I exported RB1 to RB2 way back in the day. Just bought RB4 and it's not showing up in Exports. What's the deal?! Went from 360 > XB1

Manage game -> Ready to Install

The only Export that shows up in the ingame store menu is RB3, for some reason, on Xbox. (I think Playstation, the exports all show up there)

MrBlonde

Manage game -> Ready to Install

The only Export that shows up in the ingame store menu is RB3, for some reason, on Xbox. (I think Playstation, the exports all show up there)
Wait what? I did the rock band 3 export at xmas time, if I do it again I'll have my rock band 2 songs now? Any cost?

Also never had blitz, is that available now too and any way I can get it?

FyreWulff

Wait what? I did the rock band 3 export at xmas time, if I do it again I'll have my rock band 2 songs now? Any cost?

Also never had blitz, is that available now too and any way I can get it?

If you exported RB2 back in the day to RB3, it should be in your ready to install. You still have to go manually get the Bon Jovi songs from any export, IIRC, from the store.

Blitz is still available, but you still need an actual 360 I think to trigger the Soundtrack Download to flag your account as owning it.

MrBlonde

If you exported RB2 back in the day to RB3, it should be in your ready to install. You still have to go manually get the Bon Jovi songs from any export, IIRC, from the store.

Blitz is still available, but you still need an actual 360 I think to trigger the Soundtrack Download to flag your account as owning it.

I definitely did so I'll have to look this weekend, I don't remember seeing that in my ready to install list though but hopefully I'm wrong

MrBlonde

i figured it out, had to go to manage game and they were there but I think it's missing some. There was around 50 and I thought I read online there was 69? Lit, my own worst enemy was one of my favorites and it's not there? Either way pretty cool getting more songs

CloudWolf

So, I finally got time to play some more... I Will Wait is deadly on guitar. I always said that Mumford & Sons' first two albums would be really good for Rock Band and I was right.

jtkauff

So, slightly random question - I bought a Rock Band 3 song from the Rock Band 4 store. Said song has keys/Pro keys, so I'd like to be able to pull it up in RB3 when I feel like playing keys. I know Legacy DLC owned imported into RB4 - is it not the other way around? Going into my 360 it asks me to purchase again. All the info I could find on Google was RB3 > RB4, not the other way around. Does legacy DLC still give you the two-game entitlement?

FyreWulff

So, slightly random question - I bought a Rock Band 3 song from the Rock Band 4 store. Said song has keys/Pro keys, so I'd like to be able to pull it up in RB3 when I feel like playing keys. I know Legacy DLC owned imported into RB4 - is it not the other way around? Going into my 360 it asks me to purchase again. All the info I could find on Google was RB3 > RB4, not the other way around. Does legacy DLC still give you the two-game entitlement?

On Xbox you have to buy the 360 version first (web store works), which will also give you the One version. Buying the RB4 version will -not- give you the RB3/360 version.

On Playstation, you can buy either version and it'll give you the other version.

tl;dr

If you're on Xbox, and want DLC for both generations, buy the 360 version

On Playstation, buy it wherever.

jtkauff

On Xbox you have to buy the 360 version first (web store works), which will also give you the One version. Buying the RB4 version will -not- give you the RB3/360 version.

On Playstation, you can buy either version and it'll give you the other version.

tl;dr

If you're on Xbox, and want DLC for both generations, buy the 360 version

On Playstation, buy it wherever.

Bah, that's what I figured. Thanks for the info.

breakfuss

Yo...i don't understand how my Rock Band 2 songs are suddenly available, but they are. I'm almost certain I never exported them and they weren't showing up before. This is strange.

MrNelson

Banned
I was really hoping that they were back on 3 songs a week since they're done developing Rock Band VR, but I guess they don't want to burn through all of that ready-made DLC too quickly​.

Shape of You is going to be a hot seller, it's current and everywhere. It's also going to be a pass from me. I don't mind Ed, but I'm not a fan of this.

Basement is a big yes. Not heard it until I browsed the VR setlist, but I'm sold. Should be fun, if brief.

Champagne Supernova when?

Basement is a pretty good british punk band and "Promise Everything" is a good song off of the new album so nabbing that song. Will wait and see what the charting is like on "Shape of You"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question that I didn't really think about until now. Sometimes one of the camera angles will switch to a close up of the guitarist's hands as they're playing a song - is that pre-baked into certain songs with stupidly long solos, or is the animation engine actually able to approximate the guitar playing for every song?

AlexBasch

Oh shit there's an OT and a Community Thread? Geez.

Anyway, just got the RB4 Rivals guitar bundle and I'm ready to join anyone's crew if you're okay with me not being able to Expert FC everything around.

Also, I have a free mic coupon around that is useless to me, since they charge like $50 shipping to Mexico haha, but seems to be a good deal to USA players. PM me and it's yours.

Oh shit there's an OT and a Community Thread? Geez.

Anyway, just got the RB4 Rivals guitar bundle and I'm ready to join anyone's crew if you're okay with me not being able to Expert FC everything around.

Also, I have a free mic coupon around that is useless to me, since they charge like $50 shipping to Mexico haha, but seems to be a good deal to USA players. PM me and it's yours.

Which system are you on?

breakfuss

Am I allowed to join one of the crews here (PSN)? Didn't want to just hop in without asking. I'm not sure if it's reserved only for the really competitive. I openly admit to sucking at this game but still love playing lol. Don't want to impact scores or whatever, not even sure how it works.

ascii42

Am I allowed to join one of the crews here (PSN)? Didn't want to just hop in without asking. I'm not sure if it's reserved only for the really competitive. I openly admit to sucking at this game but still love playing lol. Don't want to impact scores or whatever, not even sure how it works.

The highest score on each of the three spotlight songs on each instrument is what counts for that portion of the score. The other portion of the score is XP, earned for every song completed. Even if you don't contribute high scores, you can still contribute to the XP portion

Top Bottom