• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Is that the last of the UK exports?
Just the 20 free RB2 tracks to go. Then whatever they've got prioritised. My guess is the available DLC that hasn't made it over for...reasons (Use It, Warriors of Time, etc.) Then pack exclusive stuff (2112, Ozzy), delisted content, those missing three RB2 songs and then, finally, by 2028, I might be able to play Rock n' Roll Star again.

Storm360

Just the 20 free RB2 tracks to go. Then whatever they've got prioritised. My guess is the available DLC that hasn't made it over for...reasons (Use It, Warriors of Time, etc.) Then pack exclusive stuff (2112, Ozzy), delisted content, those missing three RB2 songs and then, finally, by 2028, I might be able to play Rock n' Roll Star again.

20 free songs are available though? I have them on my SCEE copy

chunk3rvd

20 free songs are available though? I have them on my SCEE copy

Which 20 free songs? I think there's some confusion around this. Most people who redeemed the code that came with their RB2 disc got 20 free songs by lesser known bands like The 88, Authority Zero and X Japan (full list here)

While some people - myself included - got the (arguably superior) Track Pack 2 by redeeming the code that came with our disc. This included stuff like Rio, Message in a Bottle and Simple Man

As far as I'm aware, the latter is available now but the former isn't yet for EU customers. I may be wrong on that though

Gorger

I haven't been able to download Weezer pack 02 - the one with My Name is Jonas. I can buy them separately, but not download the whole pack.

C9Iw4M8UQAAVGCM.jpg

Right, just got done with both of the DLC tracks this week so here's first my playthrough scores, DLC impressions and stem confirmations!

"Glass House" - Kaleo - [Guitar: Tier 5 | Bass: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 4 | Vocals: Tier 5]
Expert Guitar: 148,507 | 100% Notes Hit (941/941) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 138,660 | 100% Notes Hit (701/701) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Bizarre Love Triangle" - New Order - [Guitar: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 5 | Drums: Tier 5 | Vocals: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 145,082 | 100% Notes Hit (862/862) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 310,925 | 100% Notes Hit (1648/1648) Full Combo | Gold Stars | First Ever XB1 FC!

Stem Confirmations: "Glass House" has legit stems, making it a 100% success rate for the RBVR tracks so far" "Bizarre Love Triangle" makes it 2 for 2 this week so if you're an "independent stem enthusiast who don't need no DIY stems" then you can safely purchase this week's DLC in it's entirety! Here's hoping "Champagne Supernova" next week continues the RBVR stem streak eh?

DLC Impressions: "Glass House" is fantastic on guitar. Tons of bouncing up and down the guitar neck with 2 note hammer-on strings, jumpy chord and single note switches, and a rad as fuck solo that can easily slip you up as well as a snakey, hammer-on heavy outro riff. Overall, top-notch charting! The bass is pretty fun as well for an average difficulty bassline. Lots of bouncy single note strumming and short bursts of hammer-ons inbetween. Overall, a great track, it might surprise a lot of you! I know it surprised me, I wasn't even aware of the artist or the song before listening it, and I urge everyone who hasn't to give it a listen.

"Bizarre Love Triangle" has a good, varied guitar chart as well. Lots of off-beat alt strumming patterns switching between various synths with some cool as fuck hammer-on snaking inbetween that switches it's pattern up three times in a short space of time. Overally pretty good, and definetly worthy of it's tier 4 ranking. Now, the bassline is where opinion may differ, at tier 5 it lives up to it's high difficulty rating. There's a lot of rapid 3 note gallops requiring you to zig-zag up and down the fretboard, followed by offbeat alt strumming and double strums, and then a hard as fuck loooong zig-zag back and forth between 2 notes before switching lanes to hit another combination, rinse and repeat.It requires one hell of an alt-strumming arm and those who can handle it will probably enjoy it, but it's not for the faint of heart, closer to devil tier in my opinion, but still, check out a video of the bass chart before buying!

Best Guitar: "Glass House"
Best Bass: "Bizarre Love Triangle"

Gleethor

Hey they actually properly switch between guitar and key stems in Bizarre Love Triangle. For the most part, whammying the guitar won't distort the key part like it does on other songs that cross-chart the two (looking at you, Time After Time)

Question for when playing with a group at home local. It's always annoying to sign everyone else in as a guest, is there a way around this or no?

I have around 2,500 Rock Band songs now. I've played every version of the game extensively, especially the disc songs into the ground. I swear I did not remember that Free Bird was a Rock Band 3 disc song. This is like The Mandela Effect.

Neil_J_UK

Errr, what the hell is going on with the price of Rock Band hardware in the UK?

A couple of friends want to get the BIAB after I held a Rock Band party this past weekend, and I'd noticed the bundle go as low as £80-£90 a few months ago, but now it's sold out everywhere and 3rd parties are listing them for about £300?

I knew Mad Catz went under but a new company is producing the hardware now, right?

Any idea what the crack is? Or where to get reasonably priced RB Pro cymbals in the UK?

FyreWulff

SIEE updates

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/66b601/siea_has_rb2_export_livin_on_a_prayer_siee_can/

Livin on a Prayer is fixed

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...jovi/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-XRBLIVINONCCFF0X

HMXOwl:
"This Livin' On a Prayer is a new standalone item. Don't reprompt the export, don't head to the 12-pack item. There's a PS4-only one that is labeled as free."

The six RB1 Euro tracks are now available, but must be rebought:

HMXOwl:
"The RB1 Euro tracks. They can't be given to export owners. Sorry. This is the best-case scenario for them. We know it isn't optimal and apologize."

edit: Xbox Europe will have to buy them too

SIEE updates

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/66b601/siea_has_rb2_export_livin_on_a_prayer_siee_can/

Livin on a Prayer is fixed

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...jovi/cid=UP8802-CUSA02084_00-XRBLIVINONCCFF0X

HMXOwl:
"This Livin' On a Prayer is a new standalone item. Don't reprompt the export, don't head to the 12-pack item. There's a PS4-only one that is labeled as free."

The six RB1 Euro tracks are now available, but must be rebought:

HMXOwl:
"The RB1 Euro tracks. They can't be given to export owners. Sorry. This is the best-case scenario for them. We know it isn't optimal and apologize."

edit: Xbox Europe will have to buy them too

Fuck it why not, I've been waiting on Hysteria for too long.

This also means they relicensed Hysteria.

Muse confirmed.

Rock 'n' Roll Star! I'm so delighted, it's great fun on guitar. And it's an Oasis double week!

It's not perfect, but I was prepared to have to rebuy them anyway. Not played RB much with Persona 5 out, but I'll make time this weekend for these again.

chunk3rvd

Not ideal but I'll take it after they fixed everything else. I'm in for Beetlebum, Hysteria and Rock N Roll Star. Shame they don't appear to have relicensed Heir Kommt Alex as I would have bought that too

Question for when playing with a group at home local. It's always annoying to sign everyone else in as a guest, is there a way around this or no?

Everyone has a login account on my ps4 because of how stupid the problem is this time. I can't use their characters as stand ins but at least everyone can just sign in and use their own character without having to fuck around with switching accounts

Here's my first playthrough scores, impressions and stem confirmations for this weeks new DLC track.

"Champagne Supernova" - Oasis - [Guitar: Tier 3 | Bass: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar: 255,939 | 100% Notes Hit (1222/1222) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 175,962 | 100% Notes Hit (824/824) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "Freebird" is a given considering that it's an RB3 export, and "Champange Surnova" makes it 2 out of 2 this week. No muffling of other tracks when missing notes on your own instrument! I think it this point it's safe to say now that any track from RBVR is going to have legitimate stems!

DLC Impressions: If you're a guitarist, then just get "Champagne Supernova". The guitar chart is fucking outstanding with a ton of variation, from chords with hammer-on snaking all over the place of various speeds and time signatures to three note chord blasts and a fantastic 1 and a half minute solo which utilizes all of the above it's one of the best RB4 DLC songs to date, snag it! Bass is pretty good for a tier 1 track as well, it's mostly steady double strumming and single note sustains but it gets quite a bit more lively with strings of steadily alt-strummed bursts of 7-8 notes up and down the fretboard, never gets tricky but it's still really engaging from start to finish. So yeah, all around I'd reccommend this song to anyone! Go get it!

vg260

Stem Confirmations: "Freebird" is a given considering that it's an RB3 export, and "Champange Surnova" makes it 2 out of 2 this week. No muffling of other tracks when missing notes on your own instrument! I think it this point it's safe to say now that any track from RBVR is going to have legitimate stems!

Whoa. Good news. Wasn't expecting that.

I haven't been following RB VR. What about the gameplay requires stems?

Whoa. Good news. Wasn't expecting that.

I haven't been following RB VR. What about the gameplay requires stems?

VR surround sound and having to have track seperation when implementing your own playstyle seems to be the 2 factors that require proper stems. Plus HMX have always seemed to have the policy that the songs included with each game should always have stems. No game in the series so far has had dodgy "on-disk" songs.

Top Bottom