• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Thanks for taking my requests! Man, I miss RB2 so much and your videos prove what I'm talking about. It can't be topped with those stage and band animations.

Can RB1 and RB2 be found secondhand for cheap these days? It would be fun to go through some of the menus, etc. I kept 3 because of the keyboards, but got rid of 1 and 2 as exports became available in subsequent versions. Just looking on Amazon and they aren't as cheap as I thought they'd be. Maybe I'll check out some local places.

FyreWulff

Can RB1 and RB2 be found secondhand for cheap these days? It would be fun to go through some of the menus, etc. I kept 3 because of the keyboards, but got rid of 1 and 2 as exports became available in subsequent versions. Just looking on Amazon and they aren't as cheap as I thought they'd be. Maybe I'll check out some local places.

whenever gamestop was having the big used sales i could get the discs in a sleeve for like 2$. unfortunately at this point most of that inventory is probably gone

FyreWulff

Beatles also caps well. I just noticed how accurately they modeled George's eyes.

iWWei09.png

mEoYF1u.png

unfortunately can't really upload vids to youtube because Sony/ATV nuked Beatles content there.

I saw the name of the song, and instantly thought "Nah, can't be that one, must be something new I've not heard of".

I did not see that coming. Ever.

Day 1. Now, release No Diggity. Release it on the same week as Ghost.

MrNelson

Banned
So, now we're down to literally just one song a week?

I get the feeling that This Is How We Do It is all of the "and more" we'll be seeing this month.

I think the end might be coming soon guys.

pacman85

Yikes, one song??!! They also only tell us 3 other songs coming this month for the whole month? I know they say "and more" at the end but that could literally just be a few old Rewind tracks scattered in a few weeks. I was hoping DLC would last until the end of the year based on RBVR tracks still remaining but this doesn't look good....

So, now we're down to literally just one song a week?

I get the feeling that This Is How We Do It is all of the "and more" we'll be seeing this month.

I think the end might be coming soon guys.

HMX commented and said that there will be more dlc this month than last months.

Gleethor

A Metallica 12 pack would be so ace. Or maybe they're relicensing the AC/DC live stuff for DLC, but that would be 19 songs.

Metallica would be the last of the Activision licensees right?

Unless Eagles are still under contract but they never got anything post World Tour.

chunk3rvd

Crossing my fingers this tease is for challenge mode from RB3. Always been my most requested feature and I've always been surprised that no one else seems to mention it. Thought it added a tonne of life to single player and really incentivised players to buy more DLC as having more songs/packs opened more challenges. Really easy to implement too as it's just a bunch of trophy like tracking/flags

Crossing my fingers this tease is for challenge mode from RB3. Always been my most requested feature and I've always been surprised that no one else seems to mention it. Thought it added a tonne of life to single player and really incentivised players to buy more DLC as having more songs/packs opened more challenges. Really easy to implement too as it's just a bunch of trophy like tracking/flags

I like the sound of that.

Maybe the medals are for use as your icon in game.

FyreWulff

This Is How We Do It doesn't have split masters. If you miss on bass the voice goes all static, and when you whammy you'll whammy the drums.

HOWEVER

it seems the synth sax on guitar IS split out.. because if you don't play it, it disappears from the mix entirely, and doesn't make the voice go static. Dunno if this song just has weird mastering or they got lucky and the synthsax is all in a certain audio range and the filterpass did a good job of soloing it out

Anyway, not a challenging song at all (it's 1 or 0 dots except for vox, which is 4), pick it up if you fondly remember the song, sound quality is good too.

Well that's this weeks DLC song played!

"This Is How We Do It" - Montell Jordan - [Guitar: Tier 1 | Bass: Tier 0 | Drums: Tier 1 | Vocals: Tier 5]
Expert Guitar: 77,003 | 100% Notes Hit (217/217) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 74,363 | 100% Notes Hit (340/340) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations:- Good news....kinda It's...maybe legit?! Missing notes on your own instruments mutes only that track at least on guitar, bass has mixed reports although I didn't witness it myself. Huh...

DLC Impressions:- To be honest the song is worth it alone for the vocals, but both the guitar and bass are adequate considering how ridiculously easy they are. The guitar is just a bunch of 2 and 3 note chord sustains and a series of two note hammer-ons in between. Bass is a pretty simple steady riff back and forth between green, red, yellow and blue frets. Not challenging at all, but hey at least you can groove to the song while playing. And it's a fantastic tune. Buy it.

johnyqd

My wife and I are getting back into Rock Band! I play guitar, she plays drums, we usually play together but sometimes separately.

Can anyone give me tips on navigating the quickplay list so that we can identify which songs we played individually/together? I swear it seems to jump between who's scores are shown on a whim. We both have PSN accounts set up and logged in when we play.

Also, when looking at the scores it has "E", and "X"... I used to know what the difference is but my google fu isn't helping refresh my memory.

Thanks much!

Gleethor

My wife and I are getting back into Rock Band! I play guitar, she plays drums, we usually play together but sometimes separately.

Can anyone give me tips on navigating the quickplay list so that we can identify which songs we played individually/together? I swear it seems to jump between who's scores are shown on a whim. We both have PSN accounts set up and logged in when we play.

Also, when looking at the scores it has "E", and "X"... I used to know what the difference is but my google fu isn't helping refresh my memory.

Thanks much!
E is for easy, x is for expert

Top Bottom