• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

CloudWolf

I really, really hope these songs will show back up on Xbox One soon. I can't wait to play Panic Switch and Don't Stop Believin' again.

X-Posting from the VR thread:

So I finally got around to picking up Rock Band VR and man am I loving it. The overhaul of how you actually play is really interesting and makes you feel a level of authorship that the traditional way never could. The graphics are really great and they nail the feeling of being on stage in front of a bunch of people performing. I found myself subconsciously and naturally just getting in to the performance as if I'm really playing unlike anything I've ever felt with the original game short of being wasted with a bunch of friends. I had to force myself to stop playing last night because it was late and I needed to go to bed.

hodgy100

So I'm seeing some pretty persistent stuttering going on on PS4 (base game) it's making playing the trickier parts rather unfun :( anyone got a checklist of things I can try out? It's like the game is running at 59fps making the note track move rather unevenly.

C_Y9Y19XkAAHTEo.jpg

Kids for me.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Hoping Kids has the full drum break. Not that it's some monumental solo, but the part will probably be boring otherwise.

Vimes

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/your-missions-should-you-choose-to-accept-them/
The new Missions system will take you through every mode Rock Band 4 has to offer, presenting you with a wide variety of objectives across different instruments, difficulties, songs, and more. Completing Missions give you badges (which are being combined with the existing Rivals Mode badges) that you can view in a collection or even show off to friends in Online Quickplay. You might be required to get at least three Unison Bonuses in each of 10 different songs, or hit 250 notes in Overdrive in a single song, or get Gold Stars on a handful of devil tier songs. Those participating in Rivals Mode will be able to accomplish even more, because some Missions are only available to Crews. On top of this, if you haven't made the jump to Rock Band Rivals yet, there will be some Missions available to everyone who owns Rock Band 4.

So this is like Goals in RB3? Was there nothing like this in RB4 before?

FyreWulff

Similar to goals but has more impact than "increase fan count". Sounds like you'll be able to use them as your online icon like the RB2 endless setlist icons, so it's a little bit o' RB3 AND 2 with the ability for them to add more (RB3's goals were permanently fixed)

svxYGxofW4n.gif

So here's my first playthrough scores, stem confirmations and impressions of this week's DLC:

"Kids" - MGMT - [Guitar: Tier 4 | Bass: Tier 2 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar: 97,939 (1st Place XB1) | 100% Notes Hit (484/484) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 191 613 | 100% Notes Hit (933/933) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"Mother Mother" - Tracy Bonham - [Guitar: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 3 | Drums: Tier 3 | Vocals: Tier 3]
Expert Guitar: 171,278 | 100% Notes Hit (604/604) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 50,458 | 100% Notes Hit (225/225) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations:- So, starting off with "Kids" I'm happy to report that it's got seperated tracks so there's no track bleeding or muffling when missing notes which is a big bloody relief for me as it's been one of my requested songs for the longest time. "Mother Mother" makes it 2 for 2 this week! That makes 100% of the Rock Band VR songs so far properly seperated! Stem obsessives can go ahead and buy both singles this week!

DLC Impressions:- Kids is pretty rad on keytar if a little simple for the most part. There's a lot of spaced steady climbing up and down the fretboard for the majority of the song, with some slight chord strumming during a spacey interval. Then a kick-ass solo with a crazy amount of hammer-ons snaking up and down all over the place, I totally forgot about that section so I was surprised when I saw it was tier 4 on guitar! The bass is pretty standard EDM fare, tons of steady single note zig-zagging with an occasional gallop to catch you out. So yeah, pretty good charts overall. Glad we finally got some MGMT in Rock Band.

"Mother Mother" has a pretty cool guitar chart, lots of single note and chord strumming during the acoustic sections followed by some 3-note chord alt-strumming during the heavier sections with 2 note chord switches inbetween. So pretty solid overall. Bass is less impressive, while what's there is cool with a lot of strummed fast movement up and down the fretboard there's a few massive pauses throughout that cause you to come to a stand still for half the song, which is a shame. Overall though, a good week and some solid charts, I'd recommend grabbing both tracks!

vg260

Stem Confirmations:- So, starting off with "Kids" I'm happy to report that it's got seperated tracks so there's no track bleeding or muffling when missing notes which is a big bloody relief for me as it's been one of my requested songs for the longest time. "Mother Mother" makes it 2 for 2 this week! That makes 100% of the Rock Band VR songs so far properly seperated! Stem obsessives can go ahead and buy both singles this week!

Thanks. Always appreciated.

pacman85

I really hope we see some progress soon on the delisted DLC front for XB1 users. Did they get ALL delisted songs available already on PS4 or was it just a select few of them? If it is only some of them I would think whatever the solution is to get them working would simply apply to all songs and there wouldn't any extra leg work for certain after they get the initial batch of songs working.

I really hope we see some progress soon on the delisted DLC front for XB1 users. Did they get ALL delisted songs available already on PS4 or was it just a select few of them? If it is only some of them I would think whatever the solution is to get them working would simply apply to all songs and there wouldn't any extra leg work for certain after they get the initial batch of songs working.

Well there's some good news today.

All dlc that was delisted during RB4's life span is now downloadable. So stuff like Fleetwood Mac and some of the RHCP tracks.

Hopefully very soon we get the other stuff.

FyreWulff

Woo! Just got back

Am I Crazy
Blue Collar Man
By The WAy
Dears (I'm So Sorry) (.. i don't remember buying this one)
Dreams
Edge of Seventeen
Gold Dust Woman
Jerk It Out
Look Around
Monarchy of Roses
Nur ein Wort
Otherside
Parallel Universe
Renegade
Rhiannon
Seasons
Sturm & Drang
Rain Dance Maggie
Too Much Time on My Hands
Verdamp Lang Her

pacman85

Very good news indeed. Unfortunately, as someone who got RB4 right when it came out and followed the delisting news closely I already have everything I want that was delisted in the RB4 era. Bring on the RB3 era delisted songs!

FyreWulff

I hope they do some stuff with legacy RBN tracks once they finish delisted stuff. Maybe the most popular tracks at least?

i'm just gonna safely assume RBN is in licensing and cost-to-upgrade-to-RB4-standards hell. i have a feeling the entire plan to bring it back revolved around Rock Band 4 PC and all the RBN authors doing the upgrade work for them.

FyreWulff

can confirm, another 22 songs have come back to me

metallica
all of BSSM
Bang a Gong
SoaD
Silversun Pickups
Sex Machine by James Brown

Gleethor

Happy that you guys are getting delisted stuff back. Salty that I was a Wii player in the RB1/2/3 days and many of those same songs that I bought are lost to me. It's a miracle that I managed to snag as many exports on PS4 as I did (all but Lego, which I only lost due to SIEA incompetence)

I wonder if it wouldn't be worthwhile for HMX to take another pass at Journey, if they haven't already tried to. Don't Stop Believin' has been delisted for a while and the Glee phenomenon that propelled the song back into mega-relevancy has been dead for a while as well. Plenty of newer players would be interested in it and I believe it was and maybe still is the best selling DLC song of all time (a fact that may have been used as leverage by the powers-that-be at the relicensing table)

Top Bottom