• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

Looking for 2 people to join GAF B Sides on the Xbox.

Saw today we got demoted this week :( Damn, it's tough to keep that Diamond tier. We had a lot of plays this week too. My question is, how in the hell does a crew get to the Bloodstone tier? I haven't been in the crew that long, but we have had some weeks that had 200+ songs played and we still weren't close. Does a crew need to have all 10 members hitting 100 songs played and FCing a good amount of them or something? I'm going to do as much as I can to help get us back to Diamond this week. I love having this crew motivation to play as much as I can. I've even been buying songs I normally wouldn't just to contribute to the Spotlight scores.

FyreWulff

Bloodstone basically requires everyone in the crew to poopsock Rock Band for the entire week. Also a lot of the Bloodstone crews are cal glitching on Xbox, so we have no hope of getting a high Spotlight percentile unless we want to cheat too.

It will be interesting to see if B Sides can make a run at bloodstone in the weeks between the patch and Season 1 where cal glitching will be fixed.

there's a reason Xbox Bloodstone is called "Bloodstone Jr High"

either way I can't wait until the new system goes live for Season 1. Having actual seasons, and removing demotions, means Rivals becomes less of a job and more of a distance running competition until the past couple of weeks where a crew can go all out for the final placement. The perpetual promotion/demotion fight, imo, just resulted in a lot of people burning out, and I don't blame them at all.

Bloodstone basically requires everyone in the crew to poopsock Rock Band for the entire week. Also a lot of the Bloodstone crews are cal glitching on Xbox, so we have no hope of getting a high Spotlight percentile unless we want to cheat too.

It will be interesting to see if B Sides can make a run at bloodstone in the weeks between the patch and Season 1 where cal glitching will be fixed.

there's a reason Xbox Bloodstone is called "Bloodstone Jr High"

either way I can't wait until the new system goes live for Season 1. Having actual seasons, and removing demotions, means Rivals becomes less of a job and more of a distance running competition until the past couple of weeks where a crew can go all out for the final placement. The perpetual promotion/demotion fight, imo, just resulted in a lot of people burning out, and I don't blame them at all.

Damn, that's crazy. Don't know what cal glitching is, but that sucks that crews are doing that to get to Bloodstone. Definitely wouldn't want to go that route. Can't wait to play the new Rivals setup as well. Hope any glitches are dealt with quickly if any come up. Leaderboards with glitchers is never fun.

Really need to get some new cymbals for my IONs as well. I think I could get some better scores than with this stock kit. Almost thinking of getting a Midi adapter and a decent edrum set. Love getting super into Rock Band again after so long. I bought 13 songs on Monday. Best series ever.

FyreWulff

cal glitching is where you set your calibration to an extreme, it lets you get more OD than you're supposed to because it makes note tails take longer to cross the target line and are worth more. You could also use it on drums, IIRC, to get overdrive before you're supposed to.

It was also possible to do it with vocals by using the fact that it reversed through the note pipe when you paused.

This was part of the reason they made the game delete notes when you paused in one of the recent updates. This next update removes the calibration exploit entirely across all instruments, plus they're making it so only drums deletes notes on pause. Hence why they're also gonna be reducing all the top scores on all instruments except for Drums to a 'safe' number to make all the leaderboards legit again.

That's this week's DLC played and tested for stems. Here's the results:

"Bored To Death" - Blink-182 - [Guitar: Tier 1 | Bass: Tier 3 | Drums: Devil Tier | Vocals: Tier 2]
Expert Guitar: 218,930 | 100% Notes Hit (876/876) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 212,019 | 100% Notes Hit (946/946) Full Combo | Gold Stars

"You & Me" - The Hunna - [Guitar: Tier 2 | Bass: Tier 1 | Drums: Tier 2 | Vocals: Tier 1]
Expert Guitar: 236,161 | 100% Notes Hit (808/808) Full Combo | Gold Stars
Expert Bass: 155,926 | 100% Notes Hit (789/789) Full Combo | Gold Stars

Stem Confirmations: "Bored To Death" keeps up Blink-182's long tradition of having all their tracks stems being properly seperated with masters. Absolutely no track muffling, or distortion when missing notes or whammying any sustains, it's a safe bet! "You & Me" is a Rock Band VR song which means it's a guaranteed legit song. Nothing's out of place here much like all of the VR songs we've gotten so far. So that's a flawless week, 2 for 2! All you picky peeps can purchase these tracks safe in the knowledge that no corners were cut whatsoever! Next week's leaked tracks "Grand Canyon" and "Church Bells" are both RB:VR songs as well so that's another 2 certs when it comes to stems and track seperation, bonus!

DLC Impressions:
"Bored To Death" mimics a few songs from Blink-182's self-titled album so that means tons of single note snaking and long sections of steadily alt-strummed chords on guitar. For a tier 1 guitar track it's pretty engaging throughout, if you enjoyed half of the band's existing DLC you know what you'll be getting here. Bass is pretty solid as well. A ton of steady single note strumming with 3 note hammer-ons in between lane changes as well as some high scoring strings of strummed chords. Deserving of the tier 3 rating, there's enough diversity scattered throughout the song's running time. "You & Me" basically consists of a bunch of three note chord strumming with single note gallops in between so it's pretty standard fare, although the guitar solo's while simple vary things up nicely and stop the chart from getting too repetitve. Bass is decent for a tier 1 just a load of single note steady strumming with a few sustain breaks here and there. So yeah, overall a solid week of songs. I'd honestly just recommend buying them based on your listening preference this week, either way you can't go wrong really.

This weeks DLC!

RO7726m.jpg

FyreWulff

Sony America delisted packs fixed as of a few minutes ago:

Metallica 01
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Electric Six 01
Night Ranger 01
REO/Styx Pack
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 02
Universal Motown Republic Rock 01
Get the Funk Out 01

not singles yet

Sony America delisted packs fixed as of a few minutes ago:

Metallica 01
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Electric Six 01
Night Ranger 01
REO/Styx Pack
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers 02
Universal Motown Republic Rock 01
Get the Funk Out 01

not singles yet
Meanwhile, in Europe New Fang still doesn't even work on the PS4.

MrNelson

Banned
Damn

Half-regret buying the Metallica songs individually during the sale to save a few cents.

I was also hoping for some kind of fuck up that would allow me to buy BSSM :/

pacman85

Nice to finally get the Metallica pack. Now we just need Enter Sandman and Battery. I miss playing Enter Sandman.
I wonder if there is any chance we will ever get the songs that didn't export from the disc games back. I doubt it as they are probably just as likely as getting delisted DLC back.

mreddie

@RockBand
Our next #RockBand update w/ Seasons, Missions, & a lot more will be coming tomorrow! Servers will come down at midnight ET to prepare.

Please be the more be actual songs.

@RockBand
Our next #RockBand update w/ Seasons, Missions, & a lot more will be coming tomorrow! Servers will come down at midnight ET to prepare.

Please be the more be actual songs.

HMXJosh on the Rock Band reddit said
"And y'all thought the sky was falling because of no DLC this week. ;)

This is a big one. Had to tighten all those lugnuts before we could announce this. Do patches have lugnuts? Apparently yes. Yes they do."

Should be a good update I suppose.

aristotle

Is there a list anywhere of the delisted songs that have been relisted for download (if you purchased them before) since RB4 was released?

Blog post on June update and patch notes is up.
http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/june-update-details-and-patch-notes/
Song Gameplay

Fixed issues to prevent seeing ‘Checking Setlist' during an online session
Improved game performance during songs
Vocals can now toggle off audio-based Overdrive activation
Fixed an issue related to Pro Drums fast cymbal tracking
Fixed an issue with perfect solos awarding 99% performance and fewer points
Fixed an issue where Vocals would see incorrect post-song stats online
Fixed issues with disappearing gems on guitar and bass after pausing
Fixed PS4 issues with legacy controllers online
Fixed an issue with Pro Drums conversion for Spotlight Songs
Fixed an issue with the ‘roll lane' display on Drums and Pro Drums
Fixed an issue with certain Freestyle Guitar Solos
Standardized a scoring issue on guitar and bass
Standardized the location of drum fills
Fixed an issue with instrument icons after a Big Rock Ending
Fixed an issue with Vocal scoring
Added lanes to some songs
Fixed an issue with BRE exploits
Adjusted track opacity
Improved visibility of beat lines on note track
Fixed an issue with the ‘Complete a song in Brutal Mode' trophy/Achievement in Rockudrama
Fixed an issue with Play Together
Fixed an issue where the strum bar would not adjust Breakneck Speed during a song
Fixed an issue where whammy activity was not appearing online
Fixed an issue with songs that have No-Part on guitar or bass

Game Audio

Added new shell audio (menu songs)
Added new SFX to some events
Standardized song audio levels. Content from RB1, RB2, LEGO, and initial DLC now -3 db, RB3 and RB3 era DLC now -1.5 db, bringing them in line with Rock Band 4 era releases

General Fixes

Fixed an issue related to viewing other Crews
Level cap raised to 100
Can now Sort by Play Count(with retroactive data for plays)
Can now reset filters with one button to display all songs
Fixed an issue where Crews with projected Rivals Points exactly equal to their Tier's Safe and Promotion thresholds would be incorrectly demoted or not promoted
Fixed an issue where some eligible songs might not appear in the "Rivals Challenge Songs" menu in the Music Store
Fixed an issue where the Activity Feed messages on the Rivals Hub would not correctly represent the most recent activity
Fixed an issue where Crews were being sorted incorrectly on the Find Crews screen
All Badges are now awarded directly to players, existing Crew Badges have been converted
Fixed a display issue for the Fame bar in Rockudrama
Crews that have not participated for two or more consecutive Rivals Challenges will no longer appear in the Tier Distribution or be included when calculating Rivals Points
Adjusted top leaderboard scores to address exploits that are now fixed
Removed deleted Crews from leaderboards, prevented future persistence
Fixed an issue with the speed of ‘Invite Friends' in online gameplay
Fixed an issue with how ‘Rewind' tracks appear in the Music Store
Fixed an issue when comparing users on the Crew XP screen
Reduced the number of Rivals messages that appear on the main menu Activity Feed, including Crew XP and Spotlight score notifications
Fixed an issue related to your visual placement on leaderboard screens
Improved legibility and spacing of font
Fixed an issue with Crew Admin notifications
Fixed an issue with text display in several languages
Fixed the ‘continue' prompt on the Main Menu
Fixed an issue with the help bar on the ‘Send a Message' screen
Fixed an issue where some places in Rockudrama had visual tearing
Fixed an issue where Recommendations in the Music Store could recommend content you already own
Fixed an issue where Recommendations in the Music Store could recommend content you cannot purchase
Improved suggestions made by the Recommendations section of the Music Store
Fixed a visual issue that caused song data to overlap other Store elements
Fixed an issue where not all players in a band would unlock Rockudrama assets upon completion
Improved some animation blending
Adjusted Awesomeness Detection

pacman85

From RockBandAide:
As part of the press release issued today announcing the launch of the June Rock Band 4 update, the first details on the month’s DLC schedule were also announced. Six songs were announced as coming during the month of June, including two free tracks from Permaband, and a Rock Band Rewind song, with more to be named later. They are:

Dream Theater – “Pull Me Under”
Fleetwood Mac – “Go Your Own Way” (First appeared on Rock Band 2)
Permaband – “Killing Is Just A Means…”
Permaband – “Wrecking Machine”
Pierce The Veil – “Circles”
Rush – “Freewill (Vault Edition)”

I assume the two RBVR songs that leaked out on the XBox Store earlier will be the "more to be named later songs".

So, from the RBVR soundtrack of new songs to the series, I think that leaves us with these songs still coming out, presumably in the next few months/years:

(You're) Breaking Up - The Black Cheers
Ain't It Fun - Paramore
Alive - The Temper Trap
Birds - Coldplay
Black Seas - Arctic Horror
Casual Party - Band of Horses
Cirice - Ghost
Float - Switchfoot
Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
I Am Alive - Twin Atlantic
Lights Out - AudioDamn!
Maps - Maroon 5
Postpone - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Quitter - The Starting Line
Rebel Heart - The Shelters
Running With Wild Things - Against The Current
Sweater Weather - Parks
True Confessions - Blondfire
To My Romeo - Spirit Kid

(You're) Breaking Up - The Black Cheers
Ain't It Fun - Paramore
Alive - The Temper Trap
Birds - Coldplay
Black Seas - Arctic Horror
Casual Party - Band of Horses
Cirice - Ghost
Float - Switchfoot
Gold On The Ceiling - The Black Keys
I Am Alive - Twin Atlantic
Lights Out - AudioDamn!
Maps - Maroon 5
Postpone - Catfish And The Bottlemen
Quitter - The Starting Line
Rebel Heart - The Shelters
Running With Wild Things - Against The Current
Sweater Weather - Parks
True Confessions - Blondfire
To My Romeo - Spirit Kid

This shit's gonna be going on until 2018.

pacman85

This shit's gonna be going on until 2018.
Haha, that is probably true. Edited my post to better reflect that. There's 19 songs so IF they released 2/week and they were always only from this new song pool it would still take them through half of September. So yeah, this might be quite a bit of the new DLC we get for the rest of the year with a few surprises here and there along with some Rewind tracks.

U2NUMB

No new achievements or trophies with this update.. kinda a bummer with the missions and so forth they could have added some fun ones.

MrNelson

Banned
No new achievements or trophies with this update.. kinda a bummer with the missions and so forth they could have added some fun ones.

Ya, its disappointing, but I was expecting it.

Upside is I'm still one trophy away from getting 100%
again

U2NUMB

Also why cap the level.... just treat it like Hoirzon 3 and let it keep going up.. glad they upped it but 100 will be hit soon enough as well.

Gleethor

So zero songs this month that weren't already known about.
(The two they haven't announced yet already leaked on the store and are both from VR)

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Haha, that is probably true. Edited my post to better reflect that. There's 19 songs so IF they released 2/week and they were always only from this new song pool it would still take them through half of September. So yeah, this might be quite a bit of the new DLC we get for the rest of the year with a few surprises here and there along with some Rewind tracks.

I don't want to sound really cynical, but I think it's really optimistic to expect many new DLC songs going forward. This mostly feels like them winding down support like they did when the last weeks of Rock Band 3 DLC were Blitz tracks.

opoth

Banned
I hope they keep support going through 2018. Nothing wrong with leveraging the RBVR content for now, but keeping things running through next year will make it feel like this game was worth reviving, despite the hardware bundle woes.

List of songs with Lane changes
GUITAR:

”Aesthetics of Hate" – Machine Head
”Among the Living" – Anthrax
”Andres" – L7
”Are You Experienced" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Baba O'Riley" – The Who
”Bad Omen" – Megadeth
”Band On The Run (Live)" – Paul McCartney
”Best of You" – Foo Fighters
”Billion Dollar Babies (Live)" – Alice Cooper
”Black" – Pearl Jam
”Black Hole Sun" – Soundgarden
”Black Magic" – Slayer
”Black Sunshine" – White Zombie
”Blood Sugar Sex Magik" – Red Hot Chili Peppers
”Blue Jeans" – Silvertide
”Breed" – Nirvana
”Buddy Holly" – Weezer
”Chest Fever (Live)" – The Band
”Chinese Democracy" – Guns N' Roses
”Chump" – Green Day
”Crawl" – Kings of Leon
”Crazy Babies" – Ozzy Osbourne
”Cream and Bastards Rise" – Harvey Danger
”Creep" – Radiohead
”Dance Epidemic" – Electric Six
”Devil's Island" – Megadeth
”Diggin' Me Down" – Ozzy Osbourne
”Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Live)" – AC/DC
”Dirty Pool" – Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
”Don't Tell Me You Love Me" – Night Ranger
”Dr. Feelgood" – Mötley Crüe
”Drag the Waters" – Pantera
”East Jesus Nowhere" – Green Day
”Eminence Front" – The Who
”Fear of the Dark (Live)" – Iron Maiden
”Fijate Bien" – Juanes
”The Flood" – Escape the Fate
”For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) (Live)" – AC/DC
”Foreplay / Long Time" – Boston
”Future Perfect Tense" – Sweet Billy Pilgrim
”Green Grass and High Tides" – The Outlaws
”Grinder (Live)" – Judas Priest
”Had a Dad" – Jane's Addiction
”Heaven Beside You" – Alice In Chains
”Hey" – Pixies
”Highway to Hell (Live)" – AC/DC
”Holy Diver" – Dio
”I Ain't Superstitious" – Megadeth
”I Bleed" – Pixies
”Icarus – Borne On Wings of Steel (Live)" – Kansas
”Idiots Rule" – Jane's Addiction
”If 6 Was 9" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Indians" – Anthrax
”I.V." – X Japan
”Jailbreak (Live)" – AC/DC
”Jesus Freak" – dc Talk
”Kiss Them for Me" – Siouxsie and The Banshees
”Lenny" – Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
”Let There Be Rock (Live)" – AC/DC
”Love Spreads" – The Stone Roses
”Make Me Smile (Come Up and See Me)" – Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel
”Main Offender" – The Hives
”Man In The Box" – Alice In Chains
”No More Tears" – Ozzy Osbourne
”Ocean Size" – Jane's Addiction
”Pick Me Up" – Dinosaur Jr.
”Rattlesnake Shake" – Mötley Crüe
”Restless Heart Syndrome" – Green Day
”Rock and Roll Band" – Boston
”Shoot to Thrill (Live)" – AC/DC
”Short and Sweet" – Spinal Tap
”So What" – P!nk
”Stop and Stare" – OneRepublic
”Stray Cat Strut" – Brain Setzer
”Sturm und Drang" – KMFDM
”Supersonic (Live)" – Oasis
”Surfing with the Alien" – Joe Satriani
”Tick Tick Boom" – The Hives
”Train Kept A Rollin'" – Aerosmith
”Waking the Demon" – Bullet For My Valentine
”Well Thought Out Twinkles" – Silversun Pickups
”Won't Get Fooled Again" – The Who
”Would?" – Alice In Chains
”You're All I've Got Tonight" – The Cars

BASS:

”Ain't No Telling" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Billion Dollar Babies (Live)" – Alice Cooper
”Crawl" – Kings of Leon
”For Those About to Rock (We Salute You) (Live)" – AC/DC
”Foxey Lady" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" – Green Day
”Green Grass and High Tides" – The Outlaws
”Grinder (Live)" – Judas Priest
”Hell's Bells (Live)" – AC/DC
”May This Be Love" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”One Rainy Wish" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Prophecy (Live)" – Judas Priest

DRUMS:

”10's" - Pantera
”Ain't No Telling" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Am I Crazy" – Little Fish
”Among the Living" – Anthrax
”Beverly Hills" – Weezer
”Blue Jeans" – Silvertide
”Blue Morning, Blue Day" – Foreigner
”Blue Sky" – The Allman Brothers Band
”The Camera Eye" - Rush
”Cherub Rock" – Smashing Pumpkins
”Conquer All" – Behemoth
”Creep" – Stone Temple Pilots
”Days Go By" – Keith Urban
”Diggin' Me Down" – Ozzy Osbourne
”Dirty Pool" – Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
”Don't Go Away Mad (Just Go Away)" – Mötley Crüe
”Don't Look Back in Anger" – Oasis
”Don't Tell Me You Love Me" – Night Ranger
”Fear of the Dark (Live)" – Iron Maiden
”Floods" - Pantera
”Homecoming" – Green Day
”Holy Diver" – Dio
”I Bleed" – Pixies
”I Told You So" – Keith Urban
”I.V." – X Japan
”I Wanna Be Your Dog" – The Stooges
”If 6 Was 9" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Iron Maiden (Live)" – Iron Maiden
”Levitate" – I Mother Earth
”Magic Bus (Live)" – The Who
”Manic Depression" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”May This Be Love" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”No More Tears" – Ozzy Osbourne
”No Woman, No Cry" – Bob Marley and the Wailers
”One Rainy Wish" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”The Passenger" – Iggy Pop
”Photograph" – Nickelback
”Pilgrim" – Wolfmother
”Pretty in Pink" – The Psychedelic Furs
”Prophecy (Live)" – Judas Priest
”Pulling Teeth" – Green Day
”Radio Radio" – Elvis Costello
”RBN Megamix 01" – Various Artists
”Red Barchetta" – Rush
”Say It Ain't So" – Weezer
”See You" – Foo Fighters
”See You Again" – Miley Cyrus
”Spiderwebs" – No Doubt
”Stone Free" – Jimi Hendrix
”Suicide Note, Pt. 2" – Pantera
”The Who Super Bowl S-mashup" – The Who
”Third Floor Story" – The Mother Hips
”Third Stone from the Sun" – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
”Up the Beach" – Jane's Addiction
”Use Me" – Hinder
”We Die Young" – Alice In Chains
”Won't Get Fooled Again" – The Who
”Would?" – Alice In Chains

CloudWolf

They strum laned Dirty Pool? So I take it the entire song is one long strum lane now?

I seriously don't get some of those lane changes. Who asked for this?

Top Bottom