• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

And here's an updated list of all the new songs shown in both Dropmix and Rock Band VR. All potential DLC for RB4 folks so get hyped!

Dropmix
"Take Over Control" - Afrojack (Ft. Eva Simons)
"I Don't Like It, I Love It" - Flo Rida (Ft. Robin Thicke, Verdine White)
"The Mother We Share" - CHVRCHES
"Barbra Streisand" - Duck Sauce
"Sexy And I Know It" - LMFAO
"Say My Name" - Odezsa (Ft. Zyra)
"La Mordidita" - Ricky Martin (Ft. Yotuel)
"Temperature" - Sean Paul
"Bangarang" - Skrillex
"Scenario" - A Tribe Called Quest
"Bust A Move" - Young M.C

"It's Tricky" - Run DMC

Rock Band VR
"Pull Me Under" - Dream Theater
"Freewill" - Rush
"Use Somebody" - Kings of Leon
"Casual Party" - Band of Horses
"Bored to Death" - Blink-182
"Mother Mother" - Tracy Bonham
"You & Me" - The Hunna
"Glass House" - Kaleo
"Circles" - Pierce the Veil
"True Confessions" - Blondfire

"I Am Alive" - Twin Atlantic
"I Will Wait For You" - Mumford & Sons
"Birds" - Colplay
"Postone" - Catflish And The Bottlemen
"The Starting Line" - Quitter
"Church Bells" - Carrie Underwood
"Maps" - Maroon 5
"Sweater Weather" - PARKS
"Heaven Knows" - The Pretty Reckless
"Float" - Switchfoot
"Alive" - The Temper Trap
"Grand Canyon" - The Wind And The Wave

"Ain't it Fun" - Paramore
"Black Seas" - Arctic Horror
"Rebel Heart" - The Shelters
"Champagne Supernova" - Oasis
"Cirice" - Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrXKiSy8ZY
"Counting Stars" - OneRepublic
"Gold on the Ceiling" - The Black Keys
"Lights Out" - AudioDamn!
"Running With The Wild Things" - Against The Current
"Promise Everything" - Basement
"To My Romeo" - Spirit Kid (NO LINKS FOUND)
"(You're) Breaking Up" - The Black Cheers (NO LINKS FOUND)

Gleethor

And here's an updated list of all the new songs shown in both Dropmix and Rock Band VR. All potential DLC for RB4 folks so get hyped!

Dropmix
"Take Over Control" - Afrojack (Ft. Eva Simons)
"I Don't Like It, I Love It" - Flo Rida (Ft. Robin Thicke, Verdine White)
"Blown Away" - Carrie Underwood
"The Mother We Share" - CHVRCHES
"Barbra Streisand" - Duck Sauce
"Sexy And I Know It" - LMFAO
"Say My Name" - Odezsa (Ft. Zyra)
"La Mordidita" - Ricky Martin (Ft. Yotuel)
"Temperature" - Sean Paul
"Bangarang" - Skrillex
"Scenario" - A Tribe Called Quest
"Bust A Move" - Young M.C

"It's Tricky" - Run DMC

Rock Band VR
"Pull Me Under" - Dream Theater
"Freewill" - Rush
"Use Somebody" - Kings of Leon
"Casual Party" - Band of Horses
"Bored to Death" - Blink-182
"Mother Mother" - Tracy Bonham
"You & Me" - The Hunna
"Glass House" - Kaleo
"Circles" - Pierce the Veil
"True Confessions" - Blondfire

"I Am Alive" - Twin Atlantic
"I Will Wait For You" - Mumford & Sons
"Birds" - Colplay
"Postone" - Catflish And The Bottlemen
"The Starting Line" - Quitter
"Church Bells" - Carrie Underwood
"Maps" - Maroon 5
"Sweater Weather" - PARKS
"Heaven Knows" - The Pretty Reckless
"Float" - Switchfoot
"Alive" - The Temper Trap
"Grand Canyon" - The Wind And The Wave

"Ain't it Fun" - Paramore
"Black Seas" - Arctic Horror
"Rebel Heart" - The Shelters
"Champagne Supernova" - Oasis
"Cirice" - Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrXKiSy8ZY
"Counting Stars" - OneRepublic
"Gold on the Ceiling" - The Black Keys
"Lights Out" - AudioDamn!
"Running With The Wild Things" - Against The Current
"Promise Everything" - Basement
"To My Romeo" - Spirit Kid (NO LINKS FOUND)
"(You're) Breaking Up" - The Black Cheers (NO LINKS FOUND)

Rumoured
"Rock You Like A Hurricane" - The Scorpions
We already have Blown Away. Also I'm gonna go ahead and say that Rock You Like A Hurricane was a false rumor since we have the full VR set list now.

XShagrath

If songs are pulled from in-game store on the One you still can't download them, even if the song made it to RB4's store first. And you can't redownload on the One, currently, if a song gets pulled, due to it's "ready to install" setup instead of just having a list like the 360.
I just got the game due a friend wanting to take a nostalgia trip. I had all of the DLC from RB1-RB3. Is there still no way on the XBox One to get the delisted stuff, such as Electric Six or RHCP? My friend was able to go through his download history on the PS4 website and grab his delisted stuff, so I assume it's out there on both consoles. I just don't know how to get to my history, other than the "ready to install" that I used to download the 'available' DLC.

Bauer91

I just got the game due a friend wanting to take a nostalgia trip. I had all of the DLC from RB1-RB3. Is there still no way on the XBox One to get the delisted stuff, such as Electric Six or RHCP? My friend was able to go through his download history on the PS4 website and grab his delisted stuff, so I assume it's out there on both consoles. I just don't know how to get to my history, other than the "ready to install" that I used to download the 'available' DLC.

You still can't get the delisted songs on either console.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I just got the game due a friend wanting to take a nostalgia trip. .

Whatever, you had fun, too. Don't lie! And now you're back here... :)

You still can't get the delisted songs on either console.

Yeah, you can if you previously downloaded it on PS4 and can find it again in the store under your Download List. You are correct that you can't find them in a regular store search, though.

My friend on PS4 definitely just downloaded the Electric Six songs yesterday. So at least some of them are available on the Sony side.

See the above comment to Bauer...

All the songs will come to regular RB eventually, right?

Very high probability that most of the songs licensed for RBVR will be licensed for RB4 as well. There's even a "Classic" mode in RBVR that allows you to play all the songs on the setlist in traditional rock band fashion too, so the charts have already been made!

Bauer91

Yeah, you can if you previously downloaded it on PS4 and can find it again in the store under your Download List. You are correct that you can't find them in a regular store search, though.

Songs that were delisted after RB4 came out that you downloaded before you can redownload, on PS4 (not on XB1). The old delisted stuff should mostly be unavailable on both, barring some rare exceptions.

If anyone on PS4 is interested in being fairly active, my currently #11 overall crew has two spots open.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Songs that were delisted after RB4 came out that you downloaded before you can redownload, on PS4 (not on XB1). The old delisted stuff should mostly be unavailable on both, barring some rare exceptions.

If anyone on PS4 is interested in being fairly active, my currently #11 overall crew has two spots open.

Define "fairly active".

Very high probability that most of the songs licensed for RBVR will be licensed for RB4 as well. There's even a "Classic" mode in RBVR that allows you to play all the songs on the setlist in traditional rock band fashion too, so the charts have already been made!

Sweet.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Gotta say. The new free Rivals songs this time are great IMO! They're fun to play and are catchy. Definitely an improvement over the first free batch. I'm digging a lot of the songs released in this update.

Babyshams

Anyone having issues with dlc songs not loading?

I play on Xbox One, I have songs from all old games I could transferred over and they slowly have been disappearing. They are all still installed but they do not show up in the song list.

Anyone else have this problem?

pacman85

I play on Xbox One, I have songs from all old games I could transferred over and they slowly have been disappearing. They are all still installed but they do not show up in the song list.

I haven't had this issue but have you tried rebuilding your song cache within the game? It's in the options/setting somewhere. That checks the hard drive for all your DLC and builds the list in the game again.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member

This might be a stupid response, but have you tried looking in Quickplay? When you choose songs in the game, the filter only lets specific star-level songs in the list. That could be why they are disappearing... the filter is eliminating some of them.

Haven't bought music in a while, bought $30 worth last night, hopefully playing this Saturday night!

Edit: I saw carry on my wayward son last night. Couldn't check rb4, but wasn't that included with rb2?

Haven't bought music in a while, bought $30 worth last night, hopefully playing this Saturday night!

Edit: I saw carry on my wayward son last night. Couldn't check rb4, but wasn't that included with rb2?

It was released as DLC back in January. It's available as a part of a three-pack with "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" and "Hold the Line."

Babyshams

This might be a stupid response, but have you tried looking in Quickplay? When you choose songs in the game, the filter only lets specific star-level songs in the list. That could be why they are disappearing... the filter is eliminating some of them.

I'm in quickplay.

Can you add a new rival group to the OP?

It's "The Ly Dows" and so far it's me and Farside.

Thanks.

Does playing with friends contribute to this or do you have to play solo? How does it work? I play probably once-twice a week with friends, is why I ask. When I have more time in another 3 weeks or so I'll probably play more.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Played online with UltimaPooh and it was really smooth. No lag, no stuttering, though I think we will have to do party chat next time to coordinate better. :) It brought me back to the good old days... so fun! Oh, UltimaPooh, my wife will sometimes sing, if we need more players.

And finally in a Crew, which looks freakin' awesome. HMX killed it with Rivals expansion. (Granted, this is probably the game that should have come out in 2015.) This game will have serious replay for me.

Yeah good games dude!

I was actually experiencing some lag tho it I think it was jutters from the game itself and not the network connection... Seemed like the notes would change speeds.

Im down for voice chat I got a headset. I was using the PS messenger app on android to message you btw... helps to not have to type it out via PSN.

We still got 8 more spaces to join up with The Ly Dows on PS4 is anyone is interested!

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I was typing with the guitar in PSN, so voice chat would be good. Sorry to hear that you had lag. All was butter smooth on my end.

And some very great song choices, dude!

Soi-Fong

Anybody here getting Rock Band VR? I'm excited for Thursday since I haven't played Rock Band since the second iteration. Real excited to see what Harmonix changed for this.

rbvrtwdlc.png

All three for me.

FyreWulff

A veritable "who's that" of music

edit: goddamnit nevermind Counting Stars is "OH THAT FUCKING SONG" for me. Now we've Zelda music in Rock Band
I'm the only one that hears Lon Lon Ranch in that song, aren't I

Top Bottom