• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

I just have an odd love/hate relationship with it. I really prefer having the room to use mechanical skills more but having no man back when you miss a pass is weird to me. I dunno I feel some strange pressure to never miss a ball and think of myself as a huge liability on even the first whiff in 2s exclusively.

What's odd is that doesn't extend to dunk house. Hoping to get used to it since I'd probably improve a lot by playing the mode more. The lessened chaos is great room to practice.

My precioussssssss

XgzVyZ2.jpg

vk2uS6p.jpg

Oare

I apologize if it's already been mentioned, but I did a search and found nothing.
Is there a Neogaf crate/key trading thread or group somewhere?
My 9 y.o son just achieved Platina I rank; I bought him 20 keys to celebrate. He was really hoping to get a few items out of those but of course got only disappointing loot.
I'd like to get him at least a few of the items he wanted, but after wasting ~20USD on useless keys already, I'm not feeling too adventurous...

I apologize if it's already been mentioned, but I did a search and found nothing.
Is there a Neogaf crate/key trading thread or group somewhere?
My 9 y.o son just achieved Platina I rank; I bought him 20 keys to celebrate. He was really hoping to get a few items out of those but of course got only disappointing loot.
I'd like to get him at least a few of the items he wanted, but after wasting ~20USD on useless keys already, I'm not feeling too adventurous...

No neogaf group but if you tell me your platform I can guide you in the right direction. Grats to your son that's a great achievement. Opening Crates are for the most part a terrible proposition.

I was opening crates before and I have now seen the trading light.

Loving my Animus GP set up. I really like the handling and dimensions. It's my new main.

Where do you guys trade them now? Reddit seems dead af for crates.
That website I posted above aggregates many sites. I think it does Reddit, RL Garage, some Discord channel (or two), etc. It auto refreshes every 5 seconds or so, so there are always offers popping up. What I do is just sit at the main menu, then go on that site on my iPad and enter in what I'm looking for, then click on the deal and invite the player who's offering the item. Pretty easy.

Thanks guys I guess I'll use the Discord. I dunno why but I kinda hate trade finder. I just dislike the way the search can pull in unwanted results too. I thought I made a pretty decent offer on Reddit the other day too (5 keys, 30 crates 10 nitro 3 OD etc) but got no response at all. Never had a problem selling them on there before but when I used search there was hours at a time between posts.

Thanks guys I guess I'll use the Discord. I dunno why but I kinda hate trade finder. I just dislike the way the search can pull in unwanted results too. I thought I made a pretty decent offer on Reddit the other day too (5 keys, 30 crates 10 nitro 3 OD etc) but got no response at all. Never had a problem selling them on there before but when I used search there was hours at a time between posts.

Did you use the modifiers? All you have to do is use quotations around your search query and it searches for exactly that.

Just picked this up on ps4, Game is amazing, had a few lucky goals.

Is there a guide to more advanced tricks, i am amazed some of the shots i have seen in my brief playtime.

Also what is the most popular playlists on Playstation ?

Pepiope

Nice! Good luck, dude! Who all is gonna be there that you know of? I'll definitely try to watch some of the stream this weekend.

EDIT: Oh damn, Pep gettin' name-dropped!

http://rlcs.gg/news/dreamhack-atlanta-preview
Aye and the link leads to my Twitter. Didn't even notice lol.

Well as you saw, a lot of the pro teams will be there from NA and EU. Finally get to meet everyone I've played with for the last 2 years. Crazy. Hopefully I win one for gaf.

we have multiple

team rockets leader made the first OT
laz is very good also

I kinda miss Team Rocket's original team. SubParButInHD was basically the channel that taught me how to play...I wonder if I should blame Cole for that :p

Also congrats Pep! One of these days I'm gonna find you lot in ranked!
Who am I kidding, I'm on EU so I'll likely never run into anyone from the GAF :( thread

Pepiope

I wasn't aware we had someone on GAF that good! Incredible job Pep!

I kinda miss Team Rocket's original team. SubParButInHD was basically the channel that taught me how to play...I wonder if I should blame Cole for that :p

Also congrats Pep! One of these days I'm gonna find you lot in ranked!
Who am I kidding, I'm on EU so I'll likely never run into anyone from the GAF :( thread
Thanks!

I need to start queuing EU. You guys are better than us.

Spent a week with Centio and loving it, switch back to Octane and I'm instantly 10x as good. Why I keep doing this to myself I have no idea.

Thanks!

I need to start queuing EU. You guys are better than us.

Heh, maybe at the higher end. Plenty of average players like myself to fill out that middle ground still. Maybe if I keep hitting that doubles mode I'll get to a rank where I might get a rare Pep EU sighting! Certainly improving faster this way.

Spent a week with Centio and loving it, switch back to Octane and I'm instantly 10x as good. Why I keep doing this to myself I have no idea.

Heh, maybe at the higher end. Plenty of average players like myself to fill out that middle ground still. Maybe if I keep hitting that doubles mode I'll get to a rank where I might get a rare Pep EU sighting! Certainly improving faster this way.

I'm doing the same thing with Mantis. Decided I'm going back to Octane this weekend. It won't look as sexy as my Mantis, but I just know my quality of play is going to rise. Mantis is simply too low. Makes dribbling near impossible.

I'm doing the same thing with Mantis. Decided I'm going back to Octane this weekend. It won't look as sexy as my Mantis, but I just know my quality of play is going to rise. Mantis is simply too low. Makes dribbling near impossible.

It's the aerial play for me too. I dunno why but despite flat cars being easy to track orientation I'm inconsistent with my accuracy. With Octane I can use basically any part of the car to hit the ball the general way I want flying at some awkward angles. That falls apart a bit for me with flat cars and I have to fly a bit straight, limiting my accuracy. Plus the worst offender is with flat cars I get crap launches off the walls or have to work harder to get the pop I want. The extra height makes a huge difference for me there.

It's the aerial play for me too. I dunno why but despite flat cars being easy to track orientation I'm inconsistent with my accuracy. With Octane I can use basically any part of the car to hit the ball the general way I want flying at some awkward angles. That falls apart a bit for me with flat cars and I have to fly a bit straight, limiting my accuracy. Plus the worst offender is with flat cars I get crap launches off the walls or have to work harder to get the pop I want. The extra height makes a huge difference for me there.

That's exactly where I'm noticing my deficiencies. If the ball goes into the corner, clearing it is so much tougher with the Mantis. I have to make sure the ball is right on the wall and then jump at the right time, whereas with the Octane I can drive in the ball's general vicinity and launch it across the field.

I did nail some nasty aerials with the Mantis, due to the precision offered by the slim profile, but I got owned quite a bit on 50/50s and on defense in general. All in all, Octane still reigns as king.

Rutti

I did solo standard placement matches to get the achievement. Got plat 1. I am happy with it. I don't plan playing competitive much but it was fun to measure my skills.

Soulflarz

Banned
That's why I keep playing 1s. It's helped a lot but still a long way to go.

It just kinda clicked for me one day, idk

Edit okay not one day I've probably spent hundreds of hours dribbling and double touching for lols, which is why they're both so solid for me, but end of the day pep or such has way better rotational choices and such.

Top Bottom