• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League |OT2| I'd Rather Watch The EUROS Than Play

TheKeyPit

Banned
Game feels off + it lags horribly. Starbase is unplayable. Performance is really bad on Xbox.

Edit: I'm not the only one.

Edit2: Game crashed in Ranked.

Edit3: Ground texture on the new map won't load until the countdown ends or right after it at the start of the match. Profile pics load randomly. Sometimes they, sometimes not. Can't tell if PC or Xbox players in my lobby.

Do they even test the updates?

new menu feels like being trolled
love the rest of the update though

has anybody experimented with the dodge deadzone yet?

Dodge deadzone? Oh shit will I finally stop fucking up double-jump takeoffs? A while back I actually increased my regular deadzone just to help with that.

By the way, demos definitely feel different now. I noticed it playing last night before I even read about it in the patch notes. They seem easier and a little less laggy.

vacation->vacation without going home at all

Eh, maybe? I take awhile to come back. Warmups from day or two are VERY different from a week, let alone a month.

It's the complete opposite for me. Play for too long and I get bad. Take a break and play other games and after an hour back on RL I'm doing better than ever before. It's incredibly frustrating if anything lol

Centio looks and feels nice. May need to go for a white one in a few weeks if I keep liking it. I feel the batmobile shape is the only thing that can possibly replace the octane for me but i haven't like the look of any of the cars that had it so far.

Centio looks and feels nice. May need to go for a white one in a few weeks if I keep liking it. I feel the batmobile shape is the only thing that can possibly replace the octane for me but i haven't like the look of any of the cars that had it so far.

Does it feel Dominus-like? I was one space away from one on my first and only crate opening on the overdrive crates. Am holding out for white too or a steep price drop on the base model. I've really grown to hate the batmobile again now oddly, too thin. I'm back to liking Dominus for a flat car, but Octane as always remains king

Does it feel Dominus-like? I was one space away from one on my first and only crate opening on the overdrive crates. Am holding out for white too or a steep price drop on the base model. I've really grown to hate the batmobile again now oddly, too thin. I'm back to liking Dominus for a flat car, but Octane as always remains king

I'm really bad with what stuff feels like but supposedly it's the batmobile hitbox. So I'd say it feels more batmobile than dominus?

Ok am i crazy or does it feel weird? I feel like my driving just isnt exactly the same as before. Smoother camera movement maybe or framerate improved? I dont know but it feels off somehow.. did they change something in the gameplay somehow? (Octane car)

Originally, they said the Centio would be like the Dominus. But in the patch notes and their comments on Reddit yesterday, they said it has mostly the same hitbox and turn radius as the Batmobile, Mantis, and Twin Mill.

I really like the look of it, but plan to wait until it's cheaper. I just got white and saffron mantises, so I'm going to use those for a while.

Ok am i crazy or does it feel weird? I feel like my driving just isnt exactly the same as before. Smoother camera movement maybe or framerate improved? I dont know but it feels off somehow.. did they change something in the gameplay somehow? (Octane car)

Apparently v-sync may be giving the game problems. If you feel like it's a little slower than normal or have frame drops, you might have the in-game v-sync on even if it looks like you don't. Try toggling vertical sync. Psyonix recommended checking the v-sync box, hitting apply, then unchecking it, and hitting apply again.

I'm going to try this tonight. I felt a little slow last night, especially on the new map. And got some serious frame drops I've never had before in Aquadome. Also Klassux, a pro player, recommended unequipping engine sounds and/or the new supersonic trails if you have frame drops. Not sure if that will be necessary with the v-sync workaround.

Originally, they said the Centio would be like the Dominus. But in the patch notes and their comments on Reddit yesterday, they said it has mostly the same hitbox and turn radius as the Batmobile, Mantis, and Twin Mill.

I really like the look of it, but plan to wait until it's cheaper. I just got white and saffron mantises, so I'm going to use those for a while.

Apparently v-sync may be giving the game problems. If you feel like it's a little slower than normal or have frame drops, you might have the in-game v-sync on even if it looks like you don't. Try toggling vertical sync. Psyonix recommended checking the v-sync box, hitting apply, then unchecking it, and hitting apply again.

I'm going to try this tonight. I felt a little slow last night, especially on the new map. And got some serious frame drops I've never had before in Aquadome. Also Klassux, a pro player, recommended unequipping engine sounds and/or the new supersonic trails if you have frame drops. Not sure if that will be necessary with the v-sync workaround.
Thanks but i'm on PS4. Maybe its just the sound that makes it weird. I just dont hear my car as i used to.

Something else i noticed.. they removed rumble? Why!?

I'm really bad with what stuff feels like but supposedly it's the batmobile hitbox. So I'd say it feels more batmobile than dominus?

God damnit :( but it looks sooooo good. Ah well, any idea what the hitbox for F1 car is supposed to be modelled on?

Yeah I'll wait a long ass time before buying anything. It's getting close to the point where simply selling crates from the start of a new update gets me the majority of the things I want as the update begins to age.

that's diff though, I'm talking vacation rust.

Good point. My longest break is usually around a week, maybe two tops and I'm never far from booting something up to keep the reflexes sharp. Hope you're having a good vacation at least! Plus I guess some of this stuff will have been patched by the time you get back on.

2nd Birthday and Double droprates

Wow! Wow! Wow! (Chat disabled for 4 seconds.)

It’s hard to believe that time has flown by as fast as it has, but sure enough, Rocket League is now officially two years old. What’s truly amazing, though, is that the game that you – our community – made such a big success in our first year has become an even bigger one in our second. We have more players, more matches, more modes, and more excitement surrounding Rocket League now than at any other point in our history; and in our minds, the best is yet to come, with plenty of great things planned for the year ahead.

We’re not wasting any time, either. Just yesterday, we released our 2nd Anniversary Update, which adds all sorts of new content and features like ‘Champions Field,’ customizations for Engine Audio, Goal Explosions, and Supersonic Trails, in addition to a new Crate, the start of Competitive Season 5, new Achievements and Trophies, and plenty of sweet new customization items from one of our favorite television shows, ‘Rick and Morty.’

But that’s not all we wanted to do for our second anniversary, which is why we’re happy to announce our first-ever Rocket League Double Drop-Rate Weekend! Starting right now (July 6) through Monday, July 10 at 5pm GMT, all uncommon (or greater) free customization items and active Crates will drop more frequently post-match. What’s more, your chances of earning a Painted version of an item (in or out of a Crate) are doubled during the promotional period.

There’s more to come, of course, as Rocket League as an esport has never been stronger. The first days of Collegiate Rocket League Summer Series are just a few days away, while Season 4 of the Rocket League Championship Series is right around the corner. A massive national tournament is coming this summer to NBC; Rocket League is headed to ESPN and the X Games, and a brand-new Rocket League esports website is coming your way by the end of the year.

We’re moving Rocket League to new platforms too. Nintendo Switch will see its version this holiday, a new upgrade patch for Xbox One X is currently in development, and China should see a free-to-play Rocket League before we celebrate our next birthday. And let’s not forget about our plans to keep Rocket League one of the most updated games around. Our Fall update is going to be a big one, with all sorts of new features that you have been asking us for on Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, and our forums. We’ll have more DLC this calendar year; more quality of life updates planned for the coming months; more Crates; more features; more… well, everything.

But none of this continued success would have been possible without YOU. As a community, you have continued to support and engage us, which continues to drive us forward into year three and beyond. There would be no Rocket League without you, which is why, on behalf of everyone here at Psyonix, we wanted to say THANK YOU once again for all you have done and continue to do for us. See you soon.

-Psyonix

P.S. As this is our new yearly tradition, we have summed up the entirety of Rocket League Year Two in the infographic below. Enjoy the new stats!
rl_year2_infographic.jpg

Vyse24

So I thought about asking this here: Recently I decided to open up some crates I had and I was wondering if I got my moneys worth.

CC1 - Dominus GT
CC2 - Voltaic
CC4 - FSL
OD - Centio V17

Still have 1 key leftover for whenever the next crate drops. So was this worth the $5?

So I thought about asking this here: Recently I decided to open up some crates I had and I was wondering if I got my moneys worth.

CC1 - Dominus GT
CC2 - Voltaic
CC4 - FSL
OD - Centio V17

Still have 1 key leftover for whenever the next crate drops. So was this worth the $5?

The first 3 are about a key each now so you broke even there. The centio is 7-8 keys right now(will drop fast) so yes you did well for 5 bucks.

drop rates don't seem any faster to me, I don't know if it's because i'm trying to get crates but it seems way slower actually.

and I got a crappy mud splatter decal after all my effort, RIP :D

drop rates don't seem any faster to me, I don't know if it's because i'm trying to get crates but it seems way slower actually.

and I got a crappy mud splatter decal after all my effort, RIP :D

Yeah, same here. Maybe it's luck or lack thereof. I've played quite a bit since the update and have only received one nitro crate besides all the Rick and Morty stuff so far.

rafaelr

Well yeah, that's always been assumed. Consoles are more popular than PC and PS4 is the most popular console.

for the past year RL´s been in the PSN store charts top 10 pretty much every month:

Code:
US only                            EU only
      2017  2016                2017     2016
Jan	6	2                2           1
Feb	?	3                6           7
Mar	9	3                3           2
Apr	6	3                7           2
May	8	4                2           3
Jun		8                            4
Jul		6                            1
Aug		8                            8
Sep		8                            4
Oct		8                            8
Nov		12                           14
Dec		10                           5
pretty great for a game that´s 2 yrs old now
(and not named GTA V)

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ugh, finding a new match is much more annoying now. Can no longer just quickly tap X-X. Harder to see what's actually selected too. Big regression there.

I mean, why do they gotta mess with this shit that's in my damn muscle memory since two years back?! Awful.

Top Bottom