• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rose McGowan: Ben Affleck is Lying, he knew about Weinstein raping me and other women

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Wait, he went to rehab in Europe? Yeah he’s never coming back.

jelly

It's now Lea Seydoux's turn to come forward.

It's important to note that Lea Seydoux is coming from a huge family. With her grand father being the President of Pathe and his brother being the President of Gaumont, the oldest cinema company.

That's sick.

Interestingly she mentions directors a lot in that article. Another powerful position.

The cops should be talking to his assistant by the sounds of it, she would know a lot.

Oersted

It's now Lea Seydoux's turn to come forward.

It's important to note that Lea Seydoux is coming from a huge family. With her grand father being the President of Pathe and his brother being the President of Gaumont, the oldest cinema company.

He said it in a way that was half joking and half serious. I was very angry. I was trying to do my job and he made me very uncomfortable. He has slept with all of the actresses he filmed.

Jeebus

Regarding the list above, it's important to differentiate between being "arrested" and being convicted.

That said, a lot of domestic abusers never get convicted or even prosecuted because charges get dropped for all sorts of reasons, which doesn't make them any less despicable.

Still a damning list and there's probably tons more where that came from. :\

Regarding sexual harassment, Sam Bee had this depressing/hilarious piece:
https://medium.com/@fullfrontalsamb...or-any-other-giant-piece-of-shit-365b48084d5a

True. We don't have the full story, but I do wonder if there is a correlation here between famous people and abuse compared to the regular population?

Glenn Campbell??!?!? The nice man with the sad country songs! :(

kevin1025

Banned
True. We don't have the full story, but I do wonder if there is a correlation here between famous people and abuse compared to the regular population?

Glenn Campbell??!?!? The nice man with the sad country songs! :(

I think it shows more that abuse exists everywhere. There's harassment and abuse that goes unknown for entire people's lives and you would never know it. But every now and then we get stories like these that help shine a light on it.

affleck3pllg.png

https://twitter.com/amtendler/status/918209320977911808

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...leck-interview-is-being-taken-context-1047745

Anne-Marie Losique talking about one of the interviews with Affleck going around, explaining the context,

The Canadian TV personality, a singer and owner of Vanessa Media, told The Hollywood Reporter that the interview was an act. "This was for the camera," she said. "You have to understand that we have done dozens and dozens of interviews like that. It was for a show I was producing, so I was not at all a victim. When the cameras rolled, we would start to do that game. As soon as it stopped rolling, there was none of that. He never touched me in any improper way. He was very respectful, I must say.

I can't say I am thrilled to have that interview mixed in with the other stories because I don't think that is at all the same thing

also shares an anecdote about Weinstein,

"Yes, I met him quite a few times," she began, referring to Weinstein. "I knew he was a player. He did invite me once at the Toronto Film Festival to go up to his suite for an interview. Of course I did not go. And it stopped there. He said, 'I would be more comfortable in my suite.' I said, 'Umm, no.' I am not saying something would have happened, but I made sure nothing happened."

https://abload.de/img/affleck3pllg.png[/IMG

[url]https://twitter.com/amtendler/status/918209320977911808[/url][/QUOTE]

O...oh

Grab Armie Hammer and do a post credits scene to setup the solo Batman movie.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Lol i hate how Ben Affleck got caught up in this but you don't go around grabbing women by the pussy, ass or boobs. He's so Fucked.

Van Bur3n

Holy hell, Ben Affleck's reputation is going down the drain fast.

Then again, it's Hollywood, so I doubt this will have any effect in the long run.

I assume we’re going to be getting a lot of “separate the art from the artist“ posts when Justice League opens this holiday.

Now that there is blood in the water I wonder how many reporters are going to be going after rumors on other celeb big shots and how far this is going to get.

Why do all these Hollywood people help pedophiles and rapists stay out of jail? Are they all evil or something?

You're all part of a circle, you know their families, you got their gmails, and what not. You extend the courtesy of allowing them to fix their own issues because you feel you at least owe them that and then it snowballs and, well, just like Nixon they're not good butchers, and they deserve the shit coming at them.

Not

Banned
Self preservation. That guy might be a rapist, but he sure can help my career.

Yeah. Since it's all about gaining connections with powerful people, torpedoing these connections is usually portrayed as a bad move.

It's a really shitty environment.

Why do all these Hollywood people help pedophiles and rapists stay out of jail? Are they all evil or something?

We are all by nature evil.

But this isn’t a new phenomenon - think of universities (Penn State and Paterno) or religious institutions (the Catholic Church). When one person in an organization is behaving badly, it’s an easy temptation to decide to protect the organization you are a part of by attempting to hide the bad behavior and silence anyone who would speak out about it. If you let things out into the open, you could get hit with collateral damage. So you try to maintain the status quo as much as you can.

firelogic

Given the massively long scene in Blue is the Warmest Colour, the gross sex scene one is easy to figure out. Side note: her work in that movie is spectacular.

(And I'm guessing the director mention before that is easy to pinpoint, too, given she liked and respected him and his work.)

It's insane how many people this awfulness has afflicted. Like a lot have said, it's angering.

Yeah definitely Blue is the Warmest Color. The two actresses have already come out to express their distaste of how that scene was shot a while ago.

What the fuck, man... If there is any justice in the world, these fucks need to disappear. Never show your face again. Throw your money into charity and be exiled.

Top Bottom