• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3DS to get right analog stick dongle, relaunch 2012 w/ new name [Updated]

Man the reaction to that rumors site tonight is priceless

- Fuck you, ban the site.

- Oh shit, they are right!

*see's scan*

- wait... is this real or not? Brain can't comprehend.

Myriadis

Live Free or Die said:
I always knew the 3DS would fail.

Like the PS1 failed when you had to buy the new controller with analog sticks just to play some games that require it.

Quite surprised that the rumor was true.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ok, it looks almost laughable, but on the positive side, that wraparound edge might make it more comfortable to use the dpad. At the moment I hate using the dpad because its so close to the edge. With this it might be usable.

edit: oops, was talking about the red mockup, didn't see that fugly black thing. So even more ugly, but still perhaps comfortable. I have no idea how Nintendo could make an official peripheral that doesn't even attempt to line up in any way with the 3DS

ReaperXL7

so glad i did not buy one at launch this whole thing with the 3ds has been a disaster for the most part so far. This whole relaunch nnsense just comes off as nintendo not knowing what the hell it wants to do with the thing, couple that with a lack of compelling content and it just does not make me want to even consider a purchase at this point.

I might still pick one up down the road if they can get their shit straight, but till then i'll just pick up a Vita when it launches.

probably been mentioned - my brain would break trying to read through the whole thread for this - but

Iwata’s welcoming of 2D (totally free of 3D content) games on the platform smells like capitulation.

i'm certain they said early on that there would not be a mandatory 3D requirement.

Fine by me - I finally got to play one the other day and i don't even see it. No headaches or anything, just no 3D- slider up looks like the 3D off setting only dimmer and with weird rippling double images when you tilt from side to side.

i will still get one to play monster hunter because that shit is like golden candy crackdust to my rotted addict sinuses

My 3DS is a piece of junk.

- d-pad is making squeeking noises
- analog pad is making clicking noises
- Power on button needs to be pressed a few times before the damn thing even starts

First the price drop and now this? Fuck you Nintendo, I'm outta there.

glaurung

schennmu said:

- Power on button needs to be pressed a few times before the damn thing even starts

My 3DS works fine, but that is only because I have not had any reason to play it.

Frankly, I feel betrayed and cheated by big N. Not only should they reimburse me for the damn 3DS, they should also perform a lot of seppukus.

Slayven

I know I shouldn't be so surprised. But damn people were angry at the site for the rumor. You would think they posted photoshops of people's moms doing unsavory things.

Lolz, its always fun watching the once mighty and powerful self implode in a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Nintendo deserve a good kicking, and have done for years now, peddling their outdated tech in shiny clothes with some USP gimmick to suck in the morons to handing over their money.

Nintendo needs a 'year zero'...come back to market with hardware that blows away the competition in every meaningful way, and then and ONLY then would i consider giving them some of my money.

And 12mths before launch, it's clear the Wii U aint gonna cut it...it will be Nintendo's Dreamcast.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
DeFiBkIlLeR said:
Lolz, its always fun watching the once mighty and powerful self implode in a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

Nintendo deserve a good kicking, and have done for years now, peddling their outdated tech in shiny clothes with some USP gimmick to suck in the morons to handing over their money.

Nintendo needs a 'year zero'...come back to market with hardware that blows away the competition in every meaningful way, and then and ONLY then would i consider giving them some of my money.

And 12mths before launch, it's clear the Wii U aint gonna cut it...it will be Nintendo's Dreamcast.

dreamcast is a very beloved system though.

Farseer M

Neo Member
schennmu said:

I thought the last software update was to solve the problem of the power on button...

DeFiBkIlLeR said:

I have no problem with Nintendo making hardware so amazing that I have no choice but to buy it.

The only problem I see with this is that when people say Nintendo needs hardware that outdoes the competition, they usually mean in terms of Graphics.

And if that's what the people want, then by God the people should pay the appropriate price for it.

Ok guys... it's a little too early to say failure.

But you're fooling yourselves if you think any of the haphazard nature of the 3DS shows any kind of confidence.

They've dropped the price $80, adding an attachment, and potentially redesigning the system less than a year into it. This screams rushed launch on a level not common for Nintendo handhelds.

watershed

Banned
Small Mailman said:
In my opinion it seems to scream that they don't seem to know what people want. And I hope that's not true because I fucking love Nintendo :(
It does signal a lot of confusion. Hell the 3ds up until this point has been confused. The 13th can't come soon enough. I want Nintendo to bust out the big guns and restore confidence to the 3ds' future.

2San

Kafel said:
remember folks, don't buy first gen Nintendo handelds !
First Gen, Gameboy, GB color, GBA, DS. Where all pretty good. Sure the GBA lacked a back light, but that's hardly the same as an additional nub(Next to the lack of back light it was arguably way better than the GBA SP). The OG DS was just ugly as sin.

Nintendo I like you, but seriously fuck you.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
jamesinclair said:
That explains the 20 free games.

10 free NES games = price drop apology. $5 a pop = $50 in value!

10 free GBA games = lol, wait until you see whats next

LOL, nearly spat my tea out on that.

OniShiro

Banned
Nintendo is dead, they no longer have any clue what gamers want, they've become a totally casual company, they've proven it with the 3DS ( no second analog? one screen widescreen an the other not?, .... ) and the WiiU is looking bleak.

I've lost all my faith in Nintendo, I wish they prove me wrong and the WiiU is great, but I won't be getting one until at least a year after release, no more day one Nintendo buys from me.

OniShiro said:
Nintendo is dead, they no longer have any clue what gamers want, they've become a totally casual company, they've proven it with the 3DS ( no second analog? one screen widescreen an the other not?, .... ) and the WiiU is looking bleak.

I've lost all my faith in Nintendo, I wish they prove me wrong and the WiiU is great, but I won't be getting one until at least a year after release, no more day one Nintendo buys from me.
God you guys can be so damn dramatic.

JonCha

So the consensus is that everyone hates the idea? I like the analog stick per se, just not the way it's being produced. Do they really need something that attached around the whole device, rather than just plugging in like a a USB?

nincompoop said:
you'd have to be really dumb to even entertain the possibility of this rumor being true

I'm hurt, I really am.

JonCha said:
So the consensus is that everyone hates the idea? I like the analog stick per se, just not the way it's being produced. Do they really need something that attached around the whole device, rather than just plugging in like a a USB?

Well I guess they wanted to communicate via I.R and add a left shoulder button. The whole situation a mess though.

OniShiro

Banned
JonCha said:

Yeah, they should totally scrap the 3DS and release the next handled as a GameBoy brand instead of DS, and learn from the Vita.

rpmurphy

OniShiro said:
Yeah, they should totally scrap the 3DS and release the next handled as a GameBoy brand instead of DS, and learn from the Vita.
Learn from a system that hasn't even released yet? And not from a system that was actually proven to be the biggest success in recent history? Okay...

OniShiro

Banned
rpmurphy said:
Learn from a system that hasn't even released yet? And not from a system that was actually proven to be the biggest success in recent history? Okay...

Yeah, because copying the DS worked so well for the 3DS....

Thunder Monkey said:
God you guys can be so damn dramatic.
I wish someone would collect these kind of overreactions and make a thread about how to think before they post. How to not react to a company making money like it just told you your kid is actually someone else's.

Top Bottom