• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: 3DS to get right analog stick dongle, relaunch 2012 w/ new name [Updated]

Rikkun

But... it's ugly. It's designed with Paint. Really seems like a Mad Catz something.

Can someone translate the text?

PS: and look how TALL it is! Seems thicker than a Game Gear :|

jambo

SOsM7.gif

jiggle

that's some horrid aethestic
looks like a prototype of wiiut gone wrong
they couldn't at least make the nubs the same size?

edit: memories of GBA lights acc. come flooding back

Kusagari

I cannot believe this is true. Nintendo is going to absolutely destroy themselves if they do this. This is the kind of shit that kills a companies reputation for good.

Kinda looks like the Classic Controller Pro........Just doesn't seem to be very comfortable with the analog stick way out there lol

Staring at it a bit more...

70% sure this can't be the 'final product'...

For one. how the fuck is this powered? Streetpass?

second. It's freaking blocking the cartridge slot and stylus slot. Cardinal rule of add-ons broken.

Fuck internet. I'm going back to Deus Ex.

oatmeal

Banned
Duxxy3 said:
I'd rather have the red mockup. This looks like it turns the 3DS into a duke controller.

agreed.

This is horrid. Look at the folded shot...it won't be fitting in any more pockets.

Rikkun

chickdigger802 said:

second. It's freaking blocking the cartridge slot and stylus slot. Cardinal rule of add-ons broken.

I guess it contains a battery and you attach it in the 3DS battery slot.

It seems so from the pics.

Rikkun said:
I guess it contains a battery and you attach it in the 3DS battery slot.

It seems so from the pics.

problem with your theory is that there isn't any battery in the shot without the 3ds.

fuck this is gonna keep me up all night! Nintendo discovers a new power source?

jackdoe

chickdigger802 said:

Haha. You put in the game before slipping on the add on! It blocks the slot because there's a battery in there! I am not going to buy this piece of shit!

Nicktals

Banned
I realize I'm a very small segment, but I will be buying that, and a 3DS, as soon as this MH is announced for the US. And I will play it, plugged in, in bed, every night before bed. Also this is with the knowledge that there will be other great games that I'll take out and about with me.

It's weird, because I don't really see MH as a portable friendly game. I don't fire up Tri unless I know I have at least 2 hours of free time. That would never happen on a portable. Unless I was at home...and it was plugged in. So for me, I'm excited. I certainly understand most of the reactions. It does look very silly, and if I wanted to play a game on the go, this would not be coming along!

Rikkun

_illmatic_ said:
Hmmmmm, includes a battery? Two birds one fucking huge stone!(Analog/Battery Life) lol

It looks like the cradle.. So as the cradle gives power to the 3DS, this could suck battery from 3DS.

Now that I look that pic better, I don't see something that would fit in the battery slot. So i think it could work as a... reverse cradle.

Alextended said:
You really can't see how people who paid 250, the majority of the current owners essentially, would be miffed by this turn of events, as they need an add-on to make their system complete

No, I understand being upset about that. What I don't understand is the overreaction to the redesign, if any.

jackdoe said:
Haha. You put in the game before slipping on the add on! It blocks the slot because there's a battery in there! I am not going to buy this piece of shit!

It looks to me like there might be a swinging hinge where the stylus and cartridge slot are, as with the charging cradle.

jackdoe

Father_Brain said:
It looks to me like there might be a swinging hinge where the stylus and cartridge slot are, as with the charging cradle.
Why block it off in the first place then if there's a swinging hinge?

Duxxy3

Nicktals said:
I realize I'm a very small segment, but I will be buying that, and a 3DS, as soon as this MH is announced for the US. And I will play it, plugged in, in bed, every night before bed. Also this is with the knowledge that there will be other great games that I'll take out and about with me.

It's weird, because I don't really see MH as a portable friendly game. I don't fire up Tri unless I know I have at least 2 hours of free time. That would never happen on a portable. Unless I was at home...and it was plugged in. So for me, I'm excited. I certainly understand most of the reactions. It does look very silly, and if I wanted to play a game on the go, this would not be coming along!

I would expect by the time that monster hunter game comes out here the 3DS will see it's first revision with the second analog below the abxy buttons.

Rikkun

Nicktals said:

I thought I read somewhere a lot of Japanese people play MH on the train. And many people have free time while they're not at home.

Nicktals

Banned
Duxxy3 said:
I would expect by the time that monster hunter game comes out here the 3DS will see it's first revision with the second analog below the abxy buttons.

Then I'll be buying that! Would be perfect for me.

Heavy said:
These guys revealed the Vita specs before anyone else and also Wii U specs (which are not confirmed from Nintendo but most likely true). No reason not to believe this.
Heavy said:
So they're just going to make up a bunch of shit? They got the exact Vita specs before anybody and also Wii U. It sounds like people are in denial here. They didn't just get a couple minor things right, they got two significant reveals.

I'd like a cookie... mint chocolate chip, warm and chewy. Like when you take a bite and the chocolate melts and extends off the cookie because it's melted and awesome. That's the kinda cookie I want.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Not to be a dick but I can't feel bad for anyone who paid an insane price for a console that was predicated on awful 3d, overpriced remakes, and overpriced shovelware like RE.

If no 3d in the 2012 version and it's 150$ I might consider it.

I can't wait for this thing to get dissected. I really want to know why it's so damn huge if all it's going to be doing is adding an extra stick.

Some info for people that haven't screwed around with the 3ds battery.

This is the 3ds with back off and battery out.

photosep07121140am.jpg

Here is an image of nyko power pak

photosep07121151am.jpg

You see how the slots match up?

This 'cradle' doesn't have anything. Which means this is powered by magic, or 'streetpass'...

FHIZ

In a sadistic way, I sorta want Nintendo to keep it up with the weird ass wtf moments for the next 9 months just to see how ridiculous E3'12 is going to be.

Top Bottom