• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Hidetaka Miyazaki (FromSoftware) and Kentaro Miura (Beserk) working on collab

KyleCross

Dark Souls isn't the only game From have made you know; Otogi and Ninja Blade had fast paced combat systems and were good (especially Otogi). I think From could do it.

Allow me to quote you one of my previous posts in this thread.

If true hopefully it isn't a Berserk game made like a Souls game. Berserk should play nothing like that, the player as Guts should always wreck. If Dark Souls is "Prepare to Die" then Berserk should be "Prepare to Kill." That said, From has made different games before so no reason they can't make a more standard hack-n-slash action game. Just don't pull a Ninja Blade on us and make it full of QTEs.

I'm aware they've made different games, but Berserk would still suit Platinum better. Also, Ninja Blade being good is debatable.

Kieli

If true hopefully it isn't a Berserk game made like a Souls game. Berserk should play nothing like that, the player as Guts should always wreck. If Dark Souls is "Prepare to Die" then Berserk should be "Prepare to Kill." That said, From has made different games before so no reason they can't make a more standard hack-n-slash action game. Just don't pull a Ninja Blade on us and make it full of QTEs.

Only against mooks. Against Apostles
without the Berserker armor,
he's in for an uphill battle.

Top Bottom