• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Hidetaka Miyazaki (FromSoftware) and Kentaro Miura (Beserk) working on collab

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Everything felt plausible, up to the point that the employees just started telling him about future projects.

While speaking with Taniguchi, the editor of Beserk, he implied that Miyazaki’s next project will have him collaborating with Kentaro Miura, creator of Beserk.

Also, am I the only one who noticed the word "implied"?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I see no way this is true.
I think the main believability angle would come from Miyazaki being a Kadokawa employee, and Miura clearly knowing about video games given Idolmaster, so I think a meeting could have been arranged for Miyazaki to pitch Miura on helping to design their next dark fantasy series (unless this is the weird IP, but I assume that's supposed to be the finally cheery game Miyazaki wanted to work on).

That said, that doesn't mean it's actually happening, but that it's a lot more plausible than it would have been eight or even three years ago.

Edit:

Since someone will probably quote me on this later, Kadokawa doesn't publish Berserk, but I imagine it's easier for a major publishing company to reach out than it is for a small hole in the wall game studio.

convo

It's all seems like wishful thinking to me. Everyone who can see the resemblence knows this is a dream project. If you believe long and hard enough maybe it will come into existence too.

Pompadour

I'm guessing Miyazaki took everything from Berserk he liked already so he has to have Miura personally draw him new monster designs.

AXE

Yeah.

If this collab is true... NOTHING feels like anything afterwards.

I'm not holding my breath but the idea made me smile.

Ninjimbo

I would rather have Miura get back to drawing Berserk. Miura can give Miyazaki some ideas, draw some shit, and then proceed to leave Miyazaki alone and let him make the game.

Eolz

How many people here would be mad if it's a Switch excusive?

More seriously, I'm not seeing anything concrete happening from that. Maybe just some promo art at most.

Ferr986

I don't see much of a point, unless it's a straight Berserk game, wich I'm not really interested too.

Demon/Dark Souls already borrows from Berserk and FROM artists keep showing there's no need to pay to someone else to do their designs.

Cool for Berserk fans I guess.

Nibel

FWIW dude behind the blogpost contacted me on Twitter and I assume he wants to clarify some stuff for GAF and others; will keep you guys updated once he writes back

Rymuth

oFC2Cdn.jpg
This is legit terrifying

Prototype

This would literally be a dream project for me if its a Berserk game. One of those things I wish I could experience before I die.

It would literally make the world a bette place.

Edit :

How many people here would be mad if it's a Switch excusive?

More seriously, I'm not seeing anything concrete happening from that. Maybe just some promo art at most.

This could be the *one* and only game that could get me to buy Nintendo hardware.

Never read the manga or watched the anime/movies for Berserk, but you're damn right I'd buy this day one if this rumor is true.

Kain

Considering the Souls series draws so much inspiration from Berserk, this would be a logical and perfect move. Just imagine the Eclipse, god damn.

FWIW dude behind the blogpost contacted me on Twitter and I assume he wants to clarify some stuff for GAF and others; will keep you guys updated once he writes back

Sounds like he either spoke too much or wants to control any false hype he has created. I'm imagining the update to be that susumu hirasawa was in the back drinking coffee with the Fromsoft employees.

I hope he finds a way to spin this in a direction that's positive for him, because he knows he fucked up, right?

Get let into a studio as a nobody without a shred of self-awareness, via sheer generosity -> immediately publicly betray the trust of his heroes.

That's probably the last time Fromsoft will ever be that kind to anyone showing up on their doorstep.

Top Bottom