• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Hidetaka Miyazaki (FromSoftware) and Kentaro Miura (Beserk) working on collab

It's kind of weird to just show up at a studio like that without an appointment hoping to be able to talk to the president of the company...

It's kind of weird to just show up at a studio like that without an appointment hoping to be able to talk to the president of the company...
Never underestimate the politeness and pity you'll receive in Japan if you're stumbling around with terrible language skills that mask the fact that you have no reason to be there.

voTI8zY.gif

Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

6/10 is *pretty* generous lol given the quality of even the most basic of animations.

6/10 is the subjective cusp of "Well that wasn't good, but please make more and learn from your mistakes."

Not going to lie, that episode of Guts vs the goat demon got my blood pumpin'. Someone owes that episode director a free boat.

This is the dream game for me as berserk is a personal favourite but too good to be true. Refuse to believe but we have seen other dream collaboration such as taro x platinum so who knows.

Moonkid

6/10 is the subjective cusp of "Well that wasn't good, but please make more and learn from your mistakes."

Not going to lie, that episode of Guts vs the goat demon got my blood pumpin'. Someone owes that episode director a free boat.
6/10 to me implies some level of competence which they haven't demonstrated. I'll admit I stopped watching after the first few episodes but watching some clips on Youtube now it's not any better. The faces, the environments, the animations on people, it's just amateur.
That's my love for the manga getting the better of me tbh

I'd kill for Ufotable to get their hands on this series.
Fair enough, I wish I could get something out of the show as well. Ufotable was fresh in my mind too at the time of the announcement having seen most of UBW. They're not perfect but at least they have the fundamentals down.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is the dream game for me as berserk is a personal favourite but too good to be true. Refuse to believe but we have seen other dream collaboration such as taro x platinum so who knows.

I'm still waiting for that Shinji Mikami Fist of the North Star game.

I'm still waiting for that Shinji Mikami Fist of the North Star game.

Never thought of that but it has potential. Have to say Japanese developers have been a lot better this generation in regards to appealing to my taste. Don't know about this only because it makes too much sense which usually means it never ends up happening.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Never thought of that but it has potential. Have to say Japanese developers have been a lot better this generation in regards to appealing to my taste. Don't know about this only because it makes too much sense which usually means it never ends up happening.

After playing God Hand it was my first thought. Shinji Mikami should do a over the top beat'em up style Fist of the North Star where you're hitting pressure points, dudes are exploding and you're ATATATATATA entire armies of enemies.

After playing God Hand it was my first thought. Shinji Mikami should do a over the top beat'em up style Fist of the North Star where you're hitting pressure points, dudes are exploding and you're ATATATATATA entire armies of enemies.

This is pretty much godhand is it not? Lol honestly id rather have god hand 2:god harder.

Okay folks, we get it already:

It's Probably a idol master game

finally the idolmaster souls game i've been waiting for

Idol Master is more important.

Like for Togashi most of the time DQ is more important.

Idol Souls. Dark Idols?

D@rk Idol Souls

Idol Master published by Bamco

Miura on board

It's a done deal.

Of course she won't, I mean its Berserk and besides there's always going to be a new Idolm@ster game for Miura to play.

Anyways, be still my heart, I want this to be true.

Soul's Idol. We don't know we want it yet.

so... Idolmaster by FromSoftware

Dark Souls idol Master edition featuring Guts from Berserk.

Better hope a new Idolm@ster doesn't come out before it's done.

Can't wait for Idolmaster of Souls.

~~ugumbasa~~

Feat. Idol Master

Horror idol master?

My dream Berserk game would be like Gravity Rush but you play as Puck and fly all over the goddamn place at high speed beating monsters with his burdock things.

That should at least be part of a Berserk game.

They are largely inspired by Berserk but they still aren't anything like it. Especially in story and tone.

Totally agree. After reading a bit of it, of course there's some designs that might be similar, but that's literally where the comparisons begin and end. Everything else is completely different.

Dunno, couple people mentioned it on page one and two. If they have no involvement, then this is all good news!

It's just the idea of this dream team game existing caused people to be reminded of the last time such a dream team happened.

Apparently Konami is so bad, that they'll ruin something they have absolutely no involvment.

They are largely inspired by Berserk but they still aren't anything like it. Especially in story and tone.
Story obviously doesn't compare because Berserk has a very clear narrative and focus on its protagonists (vs. Souls games: you are in a world, kill things if you can)

That said, I'd say Bloodborne is pretty damn close to the tone of Berserk. Especially at a certain point

Momentary

Banned
Dark/Demon/Blood ... those aren't Berserk games... The action in those games is soooooooooooo slow compared to what Guts and company really do in the manga. The amount of carnage that comes out of one swing of Guts' blade = 1 Miyazaki "soulsborne" game.

Only thing they share with Berserk is atmosphere. And even then there's no terror of war, there's no real camaraderie among war buddies, there's no comedy, no Puck.

Arkeband

Banned
I guess we'll know more tomorrow when the person writes "part 2" of their blog. What a way to generate twice as many clicks...

Einhander

The 2016 Berserk anime series was enjoyable, overall. People are overreacting that it's awful. Sure, the hybrid CG animation was grating, but the source material saves the uninspired visuals from it being a train wreck. I watched the entire series today. I'm looking forward to the next season in the Spring.

Would be cool if they were working on a game together. I'd want it to be an entirely new IP, not a new Souls or Berserk game.

Hastati

Idol Souls. Dark Idols?

...I'd play it.

The souls games have felt very Berserk for awhile, but it would be so awesome to have one officially set in Miura's work. Maybe he can just hand off the story to them while they're at it and they can complete the series too.

The 2016 Berserk anime series was enjoyable, overall. People are overreacting that it's awful. Sure, the hybrid CG animation was grating, but the source material saves the uninspired visuals from it being a train wreck. I watched the entire series today. I'm looking forward to the next season in the Spring.

It's not an overreaction at all, the new anime is abysmal. The people behind it have no clue. Rock music playing when Griffith was reborn? Case closed.

Plus1Attack

Neo Member
So the editor of the manga told this rando?

Although I wish this to be true, sounds like the sort of thing that even if it is in the works, its too early to say either way. Don't expect to hear anything about this ever again.

Top Bottom