• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Justice League trailer description

Never understood why people say this. The movies i saw he did.

Well he kills Zod to save that family, but minutes earlier he hoped over a gas truck that couldn't have harmed him when he could have stopped it.

It then rammed into a populated parking garage collapsing a building while he stares at Zod trying to look like a badass. It's cognitive dissonance essentially.

It sure as hell didn't help. I mean it's not so out there, the idea Batman would mark the people he has caught. But when it is then followed up with the person getting shanked in prison? Yeahhhh that's more than a bit much...

Not only that, bit it's heavily implied that the mark being a death sentence is why he does it, killing by proxy.

Theorry

Well he kills Zod to save that family, but minutes earlier he hoped over a gas truck that couldn't have harmed him when he could have stopped it.

It then rammed into a populated parking garage collapsing a building while he stares at Zod trying to look like a badass. It's cognitive dissonance essentially.

And then there is a whole segment in BvS of him saving people. And him saving people after the explosion at the Senate and he even goes to that burning building to save people when he sees it on TV.

Shaanyboi

Banned
And what the fuck is a parademon? He mentions that as if its a household term that everyone knows.
Darkseid's soldiers
o61nL.jpg

they were already in BvS
latest

And then there is a whole segment in BvS of him saving people. And him saving people after the explosion at the Senate and he even goes to that burning building to save people when he sees it on TV.

I'm strictly talking MOS here. That was my issue with that film in particular. Batman V Superman has it's own issues with Superman's characterization. Like how he seems like he hates saving people, but does it anyway. The worst moment comes when ma Kent essentially says, "you can save them, or not, fuck these people."

I guess to summarize my big issue in MOS is that he's not Superman, in BVS he hates being Superman so much that he's essentially not Superman.

Theorry

I'm strictly talking MOS here. That was my issue with that film in particular. Batman V Superman has it's own issues with Superman's characterization. Like how he seems like he hates saving people, but does it anyway. The worst moment comes when ma Kent essentially says, "you can save them, or not, fuck these people."

I guess to summarize my big issue in MOS is that he's not Superman, in BVS he hates being Superman so much that he's essentially not Superman.

I dont know i think "he hates saving people" is abit far fetched.

vio

Cut the Clark And Lois kiss and Zod fight should had Superman directly save some people (other that family at end). The movie is twice as good then.

kurahador

Not only that, bit it's heavily implied that the mark being a death sentence is why he does it, killing by proxy.

The Ultimate Cut retconned this btw. Apparently all the murders in prison was arranged by Lex to create a rift between him and Clark/Supes.
Batman is just about that brand.

The Ultimate Cut retconned this btw. Apparently all the murders in prison was arranged by Lex to create a rift between him and Clark/Supes.

Well that's a pretty big distinction haha. Brading people for no reason is still fucked though. Either way I honestly don't dislike MOSS that much but BVS is flawed to it's very core. It's hard for me to articulate, but wisecrack has a pretty great video on why the movie doesn't work that sums up my thoughts fairly well.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Cut the Clark And Lois kiss and Zod fight should had Superman directly save some people (other that family at end). The movie is twice as good then.

Or maybe have Clark emerge from that train station, and start to pull people from the rubble, assisting rescue efforts, whether people are scared of him or not. Y'know, transition from snapping Zod's neck into that jokey scene where he smashes a drone and is told how hot he is a little more naturally. Maybe actually provide some level of, like, closure to this arc they've spent all movie expositing?.

God damnit, MoS....

Elbereth

What are you even talking about right now.

The rumor he posted is a bullshit rumor. It's already been debunked once. That's not an "opinion." The initial thing he reported isn't true. That you've read comics all your life has nothing to do with that.

You mean debunked by the always 100% factual El Mayimbe? The fact of the matter is we (that includes you) don't know if the rumor is true or not. So the real question is, who can definitively debunk this rumor? I would say the movie after its release,or if the director confirms or denies it. You know, like when James Gunn called him out for reporting false information about GOGv2, among others...Thus,why do you believe that El Mayimbe debunking is any more valid?

My asking what you were pumped for was a) mocking you for not having read the thread before you posted in it and b) calling attention to the fact you were pumped for a thing that wasn't going to be happening because it was a bullshit rumor.

Your attempt at mockery is just as sad as your comprehension.

And why would your concept of what the thread consists of be worth anything when you've already demonstrated you don't read before you speak?

You are arguing that I didn't read it because your concept of "debunk" comes directly from the horses mouth? Or, because it comes from your chosen source that you expect everyone to blindly follow without scrutiny? You really should read,think,respond. In that order.

Superman also slams a baddie into some infrastructure causing a massive explosion.

Also after the fight is concluded, in the ground zero ruins of half a dozen destroyed buildings Superman kisses Lois Lane. Tens of thousands of dead, and many more in need of help? I'm getting hard.

I think it's fine that Superman is sexually aroused by human death, and has contempt for helping them. When that women who is praying to save him in a flood, he just stares at her like she's a mentally ill ant. The problem is the movie doesn't seem to know or acknowledge that Superman is a bit of a lunatic.

I'm not sure if I'm recalling entirely correctly, but I think that gets clarified in the extended cut, where basically Lex has been paying to have the people he marks killed in prison.

Dialogue in the original cut between Alfred and Bruce implies the branding is a recent phenomenon.

I'm not sure if I'm recalling entirely correctly, but I think that gets clarified in the extended cut, where basically Lex has been paying to have the people he marks killed in prison.

Dialogue in the original cut between Alfred and Bruce implies the branding is a recent phenomenon.

Yeah, it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but with the brands them dieing in prison and then Batman threatening to brand lex near the end, it seems like Bruce was threatening to kill lex.

Also why do they shave lex's hair in prison? What's up with that? Just wondering because I don't know that was a thing.

JB1981

Retcon isn't the right word. The UC just restores that plot line as originally intended.

They tried to course correct with the UC... with all the power he had, Snyder was just unable to deliver a finished / coherent movie.

Huh?... It's not like the shot new material for the UC. Plus the UC had already been finished, announced, and rated by the MPAA before BvS even came out.

okdakor

Huh?... It's not like the shot new material for the UC. Plus the UC had already been finished, announced, and rated by the MPAA before BvS even came out.

So why did they release the unfinished version ? If BvS theatrical cut wasn't made for the critics, who is it for ? If Snyder da Gawd wanted the public to see his "real" cut, why did we pay for this shit ?

So why did they release the unfinished version ? If BvS theatrical cut wasn't made for the critics, who is it for ? If Snyder da Gawd wanted the public to see his "real" cut, why did we pay for this shit ?

The same reason any movie gets trimmed down for theatrical release? Shorter runtime = more screenings per day = more tickets sold.

Also, the fact that Warner sure as shit wasn't going to release an R-Rates Batman and Superman film theatrically.

Cuburt

Surprised to see so many are sure that they would never do an evil Superman.

The Knightmare vision from BvS had evil Supes, which I remember people was saying was from Injustice, and Flash warning Bruce seemed to be about Supes as well.

Otherwise, all that stuff was even more pointless to include if it was just a hypothetical future that was prevented by his death, since they do so little to explain it or tie it into what is going on in that movie.

Flash even said he was too soon, too soon to prevent evil Superman.

Bleepey

None of these characters have a strict "no kill" rule. Cap killed mad Wermacht & Nazis in WWII and Wonder Woman is from a warrior culture. Iron Man has done it both on purpose and as a result of his ego many times.

Supes or Bat (and Spidey for the most part) are the ones that are known for having a no-kill policy,

Depends on the run. I mentioned Nolan too to point out the hypocrisy because I could cite an interview where Jonathan Nolan said his Batman kills in the Nolan movies because they found it hard to make him not kill and they were like fuck it. At least Bateck killing was not out of laziness but to show how far down the rabbit hole his character had gone rather than pure laziness.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Because a 3 hour runtime doesn't help the business end, as it cuts down on the amount of showings you can have per day.

Not to mention the R rating.

Ashhong

Two "jokes" in one post. Really hard to take you seriously.

Snyder had intended to release the UE in the theater and was given the ok to do so. Right before release WB forced him to do a shorter cut because they wanted more money. It has nothing to do with being made for critics, not sure what that has to do with anything.

JB1981

They tried to course correct with the UC... with all the power he had, Snyder was just unable to deliver a finished / coherent movie.

It's not a course correction. The movie was already written and shot that way and altered somewhat in post to trim down the runtime.

Bleepey

Depends on the run. I mentioned Nolan too to point out the hypocrisy because I could cite an interview where Jonathan Nolan said his Batman kills in the Nolan movies because they found it hard to make him not kill and they were like fuck it. At least Bateck killing was not out of laziness but to show how far down the rabbit hole his character had gone rather than pure laziness.

Just to prove I am not talking out of my arse

http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/8/5/6/856...98404055&hwt=648da8876f43993b149993d4350e63a4

27 mins to listen to them exploring the no kill rule. Jonathan Nolan said the Ra's joker thing was nonsense but Chris basically said it was shot so let's just leave it how it is.

Top Bottom