• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Justice League trailer description

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
New 52 Earth 2 comic had an evil Superman story where he was brainwashed by Darkseid. He even wore black.

Isnt that actually Earth 2 Bizarro not the real Superman.

Read Earth 2 awhile ago so maybe my memory has gone fuzzy.
I could imagine DCEU bringing Bizarro and not making him look like Earth Prime Bizarro Steppenwulf and Darkseid could have gotten the Kal-El data from when Steppen was talking to Lex Luthor on the ship in BvS.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I always find it funny that Snyder is seen as the edgiest of Edgelords yet Iron Man, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Nolan if you count the untold ninjas in Begins killed way more people than Snyder's Superman or Batman. MoS damage was all Zod, and whilst Batfleck has a high body count the others are quite high too
Don't even need to read the username to know a Bleepey post.

You ain't convincing anyone, bud.

Cavill is a good looking guy but he could not pull off that mullet. If they must do resurrected black suit superman for the love of god don't give him that trash hair plz

JayCB

I always kind of assumed that JL was taking place pretty soon after BvS so a mullet and a beard wouldn't of even had time to grow by then.

Then again, BvS doesn't seem to give a shit about it's own continuity, so I'm not sure why it would expect us to either.

I could imagine DCEU bringing Bizarro and not making him look like Earth Prime Bizarro Steppenwulf and Darkseid could have gotten the Kal-El data from when Steppen was talking to Lex Luthor on the ship in BvS.

No it was the real Superman brought back to life. Lois, resurrected as Red Tornado, tried to bring him back to his senses.

Maddocks

I was hyped that it might be real, till they talked about superman. That seems like something they really really want to hide from the audience and having him show in full 1990's gear doesn't seem like the way to go about it.

JayCB

Subjective opinion meet objective fact

Cap kills
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7uI35cmrdzI

Affleck

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkQS7q6sT0

Iron man
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hroYWMHOnNU

Superman
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPZElN-SJw

The bringing down of the ship was unforeseen but other than that it's all Zod.

I don't think "Edgelord" exclusively means killer in the context people use it regarding these movies, it's the attitude of the characters more than anything - an attitude which is not in line with how they've been traditionally written with.

And on top of that, Cap is a soldier and Iron Man shoots lasers, it would be weirder if they didn't kill occasionally.

edit - Case in point, the post that started this from jack_package_200 is talking about Wonder Woman, who killed the hell out of some dudes in her movie, but nobodies accused that of being edgelordy.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, Bobby, but didn't you start claiming that they were gonna graft Darth Vader's character arc onto Supes last year?

I don't remember that at all.

If you can pull reciepts, please do. I musta been on some shit if I was looking at that as a possibility. Although if I'm trying to crawl inside Zack Snyder's head, who knows what kinda dumb shit might stick.

But I'm not seeing, not after getting Joss Whedon on, not after knowing what Wonder Woman was, making the first vision of resurrected Superman in the marketing a mulleted, bearded asshole with a Dreamworks smirk stuck to his face.

I don't remember that at all.

If you can pull reciepts, please do. I musta been on some shit if I was looking at that as a possibility. Although if I'm trying to crawl inside Zack Snyder's head, who knows what kinda dumb shit might stick.

I really do wonder if the plan for Justice League is to somehow make Superman the bad guy. It seems sort of Snyder-ish , to basically turn Superman into Darth Vader, and have Justice League II be his redemption.

Hey, just now wondering, considering Flash's words, the ominous nature of them, the vision of what's apparently a fucked up future, and Flash flat out telling Bruce "You were right! You were always right!"

Is Snyder's big plan for Superman to basically turn him into Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader?

is that how Justice League is supposed to work? Superman saves us all as his last redemptive act?

Not that I think this is a great call - I think it's shitty. But I can also see that being a thing Snyder would fuck with. It's not like he seems to understand why stories work on a fundamental level. I could see him thinking Vader's story could/should map onto Clark's.

RECIEPTS.

And yeah, there at the bottom of the last ticker tape from March 2016 - I'm spitballing a real shitty idea Snyder might have because Snyder has dumb, shitty ideas. And even if he was (is?) doing that maybe (ugh) I still dont' think they're giving that away in a trailer. Which they apparently aren't, as I guess this bullshit story Theorry dragged back here like a cat depositing a mouse carcass by the house shoes has been debunked in the meantime.

Thanks for the refresher!

I always find it funny that Snyder is seen as the edgiest of Edgelords yet Iron Man, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Nolan if you count the untold ninjas in Begins killed way more people than Snyder's Superman or Batman. MoS damage was all Zod, and whilst Batfleck has a high body count the others are quite high too

Nah you just don't understand the characters

Elbereth

I was going to swear off seeing any more Justice League trailers, but corrupt Superman + Black Suit + Mullet. I'm pumped,

All the people Baleman kills don't count for some reason.

Excuse me while I run over these cops to save my girlfriend.

I hope that they go all out with the deep DC lore and have the plot be Steppenwolf needs something on Earth to free Darkseid from the Source Wall.

Slayven

"Batman we got some murdering to do"

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-15%20at%201.47.59%20PM.png

JayCB

I was going to swear off seeing any more Justice League trailers, but corrupt Superman + Black Suit + Mullet. I'm pumped,

Don't you want to see a trailer for the Joss version of the movie at least?

edit - Ah, "WAS", I miss read this, sorry.

Elbereth

Don't you want to see a trailer for the Joss version of the movie at least?

edit - Ah, "WAS", I miss read this, sorry.

No worries my friend.

I'm very excited to see the special features on the DVD/UHD release. It will be interesting hear the discussion on where Whedon decided to make adjustments and why.

Real talk though making Superman evil is the most Snyder'y of shit possible. I am kinda surprised he didn't dash that kinda sorta a little bit feeling of "hope" at the end pf BvS.

I'm even more surprised if WB signed off on that shit

You're gonna try and sell a film universe where Superman is unequivocally evil? That's such a stupid ass idea that I honest to God don't think even they are dumb enough to sign off on.

"some kind of museum"

It's the Louvre museum, the same museum that contains the Mona Lisa. Who was the uncultured swine that wrote that?

Obviously this is assuming they are speaking in front of the museum she is working at, which is the Louvre.

Real talk though making Superman evil is the most Snyder'y of shit possible. I am kinda surprised he didn't dash that kinda sorta a little bit feeling of "hope" at the end pf BvS.

I'm even more surprised if WB signed off on that shit

You're gonna try and sell a film universe where Superman is unequivocally evil? That's such a stupid ass idea that I honest to God don't think even they are dumb enough to sign off on.

Evil Superman stories sell. I wouldn't be surprised.

No worries my friend.

I'm very excited to see the special features on the DVD/UHD release. It will be interesting hear the discussion on where Whedon decided to make adjustments and why.

Whedon decided to film it like a Snyder movie cuz that's what he was brought on to do.
If Superman is evil in the DCEU I hope Diana chops his head off real quick.
So you want her to do the equivalent of snapping Zod's neck and making fans super angry?

Glass Rebel

So you want her to do the equivalent of snapping Zod's neck and making fans super angry?

Diana showed in Wonder Woman that she is not afraid to do what has to be done. Gimme summa dat

"I am Diana of Themyscira, daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons... in the name of all that it is good...your wrath upon the DCEU... is OVER!"

yeah Brutallus was a clone, real supes was tied up to a machine drawing his blood iirc.

Eitherway, WB be fucking up if they do evil supes :/.

Geoff Johns was teasing an epic superman moment in JL (mind you this guy co-wrote action comics with richard donnor, pretty much the same style as his movies) so I think that's bunk.

Diana showed in Wonder Woman that she is not afraid to do what has to be done. Gimme summa dat

"I am Diana of Themyscira, daughter of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons... in the name of all that it is good...your wrath upon the DCEU... is OVER!"
That's not gonna go over too well with the fanbase.
They sell because you have "Good Superman" who exists elsewhere to balance it out.

Ain't no real "good supes" in the movie verse yet.

Ain't no good supes in video games yet Injustice is doing amazing. You have to take into consideration he has fans that love it when he turns corrupt.

That's not gonna go over too well with the fanbase.

Ain't no good supes in video games yet Injustice is doing amazing. You have to take into consideration he has fans that love it when he turns corrupt.

yeah bat fans :p.

If you all want an "evil superman" film, just do a film with Black Adam as the villain. He was pretty much a stand in for Superman in 52.

MisterHero

Geoff Johns was teasing an epic superman moment in JL (mind you this guy co-wrote action comics with richard donnor, pretty much the same style as his movies) so I think that's bunk.
Lois will play Lugia's Song and Supes will rise from his grave, triumphant

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?

None of these characters have a strict "no kill" rule. Cap killed mad Wermacht & Nazis in WWII and Wonder Woman is from a warrior culture. Iron Man has done it both on purpose and as a result of his ego many times.

Supes or Bat (and Spidey for the most part) are the ones that are known for having a no-kill policy,

Top Bottom