• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Justice League trailer description

shoreu

3433642-2093696391-33494.jpg

The scene where he's having dinner with his parents is hilarious

Whompa02

Can Superman ever be fun? Why does Superman have to go through what seems like the darkest of times in all of his movies? God damn.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I'm sure you're quite the physical specimen yourself.
People are too protective of their Superhero movies. So much so that they would imply that only attractive people are allowed to make jokes at the expense of other attractive people.

Pizza

I really really hope this is true. Aquaman beating the fuck out of everyone alongside superman has undeniable parallels to injustice

Why don't people want an evil superman series? a world where superman rules with an army of people and aliens is a cool setting for superhero films. The suicide squad will be around opposing him, superman may actually impale the joker with his forearm, superheroes will be at war like in general

Also, a longer war than "civil war" is a perfect opportunity for more characters to show up. Superman and batman will both be recruiting so the movies have tooons of potential story arcs

Tobor

I really really hope this is true. Aquaman beating the fuck out of everyone alongside superman has undeniable parallels to injustice

Why don't people want an evil superman series? a world where superman rules with an army of people and aliens is a cool setting for superhero films. The suicide squad will be around opposing him, superman may actually impale the joker with his forearm, superheroes will be at war like in general

Also, a longer war than "civil war" is a perfect opportunity for more characters to show up. Superman and batman will both be recruiting so the movies have tooons of potential story arcs

Because it hasn't been earned? You have to do a good Superman first.

Why don't people want an evil superman series?

Because "evil superman" is only "fun" as an idea to explore as a one-shot what-if that is immediately shown to be a mistake to be rectified as fast as possible.

(See: Superman III)

An entire series built around the notion of an evil Superman is fuckin' dumb. The only real benefit to using Superman at that point instead of a completely different character w/ a similar powerset is to capitalize on the inherent perversion of idealism that the S on his chest would represent. That's it.

I felt like Avengers 1 had a pretty weak villain, but at least he's pre-established. Loki, clear as day. Lex Luthor teaming up with, uh, someone or other would have made a better setup.

Or Doomsday.

Steppenwolf's basically there because WB / DC needed a random villain to set-up Darkseid for the second film, yeah it makes little sense.

While Superman won't be evil, I understand the appeal of seeing a hero's fall. But it's easier to tell the story of villain/antihero when they were good. You got some of it with Magneto in X-Men First Class, and as strange as it sounds, there's the Black Adam standalone coming.

shingi70

Banned
Steppenwolf's basically there because WB / DC needed a random villain to set-up Darkseid for the second film, yeah it makes little sense.

It makes sense, it's an alien invasion. You really don't need a pre established Villian for one of these movies. Especially because Loki provided a role similar to Steppanwolf with the added bonus of doing the lifting of getting Thor involved.

MisterHero

don't worry it gets better, when the league kills superman he disintegrates into stardust that goes whizzing through time and becomes the magic gas that inspires Siegel and Shuster

everything is right again

There is no way the first vision of Superman in this movie's marketing campaign (not counting fucking drink cups or whatever) is going to be an even DARKER, MEANER, GRUMPIER version than the one they put in the ground. Not after Wonder Woman.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, Bobby, but didn't you start claiming that they were gonna graft Darth Vader's character arc onto Supes last year?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Nah. Not buying it at all. Like a few have stated, after the optimistic and hopeful succcess that is Wonder Woman there's no way they go straight up villian for Supes.

Nah. Not buying it at all. Like a few have stated, after the optimistic and hopeful succcess that is Wonder Woman there's no way they go straight up villian for Supes.

People are forgetting that JL had finished principle photography by the time WW hit theaters.

Shaanyboi

Banned
After the JL title card we get the money shot. Batman is driving towards some kind of ship when Superman in the black suit,beard & mullet lands right in front of it, red eyes and an evil smirk(fire in the background, raining ash, great visual shot) while Batman has a look of ”oh shit” as the trailer ends.”

Ten bucks says this is where Batman says "Not now. Not him."

Snyder loves his Frank Miller fan-service.

Mind control =/= straight up villain. Ain't the first time Supes has been kidnapped or turned into a weapon for Darkseid. Superman was never going to just "show up" and just be cool with everyone with the arc these movies have been heading down. He'll either snap out of it with something blowing up, or Lois will be in danger, and someone will yell "REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE" and he'll be back to good-guy Supes for the finale.

Bleepey

I look forward to the day the edgelord stuff is not so fucking prevalent in the DCEU.

Patty Jenkins is doing the lord's work.

I always find it funny that Snyder is seen as the edgiest of Edgelords yet Iron Man, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Nolan if you count the untold ninjas in Begins killed way more people than Snyder's Superman or Batman. MoS damage was all Zod, and whilst Batfleck has a high body count the others are quite high too

Top Bottom