• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: PlayStation 4 gets graphically definitive version of Watch_Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

goomba

Banned
Xbox One to Wii U: "Lol @ your grafics"

Wii U: "Xbone pls stahp grafics arnt errything i hav nintendo and platinum and obskure NIPPONGO sh!t"

PS4 to Xbox One: "Lol @ your grafics"

Xbone: "PS4 pls stahp grafics arnt errything i hav moniehat timd exclusivs not 2 menshun cloud AND political advantage"

PC to PS4: "Lol @ your grafics"

PS4, Xbone, and Wii U: "HEY STOP DERAILING THE THREAD YOU PRETENTIOUS ASS WIPE! WE ARE TRY-ING TO FACILITATE A PRODUCTIVE DISCUSSION HERE. CHRIST."

Nice

Threi

notag

Wii U: "Xbone pls stahp grafics arnt errything i hav nintendo and platinum and obskure NIPPONGO sh!t"

Xbone: "PS4 pls stahp grafics arnt errything i hav moniehat timd exclusivs not 2 menshun cloud AND political advantage"

PS4, Xbone, and Wii U: "HEY STOP DERAILING THE THREAD YOU PRETENTIOUS ASS WIPE! WE ARE TRY-ING TO FACILITATE A PRODUCTIVE DISCUSSION HERE. CHRIST."

oh well you see the thing here cowboy is that PC isn't fixed hardware like the consoles. So when I brag about having the optimal experience in home entertainment I am allowed to do so and you can't say i'm wrong in doing so

Salex_

I doubt this very much. Even if the PS4 was more powerful why would lazy devs bother to take advantage of it? Plus it would get MS mad at them.

If they don't take advantage of the better hardware why would they want to piss off the (most likely) highest install base for next gen consoles?

i_like_you.gif

Biker19

Banned
I think MS are regretting it already before the consoles are even out.

It's too late to change it now. Better suck it up for the next 5 to 6 years.

Sony has always been getting the short end of the stick in multiplats since the PS2 days. You don't see them complaining about not receiving a ton of better looking &/or better performing multiplats while Microsoft & their fanboys have been gloating about them with the original Xbox & the Xbox 360.

Oh, I guess you don't. No, see, just because PS4 has more powerful hardware doesn't mean it will automatically get better ports. It's very possible that some devs will code for the lowest common denominator. So a PS4 port being superior to the Xbox version isn't a foregone conclusion, and therefore worth pointing out.

Ah, the "lowest common denominator" excuse again...

I doubt this very much. Even if the PS4 was more powerful why would lazy devs bother to take advantage of it? Plus it would get MS mad at them.

3rd party developers can easily ignore Microsoft, especially if the PS4 has a larger install base. They don't exactly have as much leverage in the gaming industry like you (or Microsoft) think they do.

Freki

oh well you see the thing here cowboy is that PC isn't fixed hardware like the consoles. So when I brag about having the optimal experience in home entertainment I am allowed to do so and you can't say i'm wrong in doing so

You are wrong in doing so.

goomba

Banned
. So when I brag about having the optimal experience in home entertainment I am allowed to do so and you can't say i'm wrong in doing so

How are you having the "optimal experience in home entertainment" if someone else is getting superior graphics, resolution and framerate ?

Endo Punk

I find it hard to believe that after 2 gens MS have lost their tech advantage. Guess deep pockets don't always translate to better hardware. Thanks a lot Kinect.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Why is it always the black sheep?

I upgraded to a 7950 recently.
A bunch of my games dropped to 720p max. One even dropped to 800x600 max with every feature stuck at the lowest setting.
I quickly learned that those games didn't understand that a card could have more than 1 or 2 GB of RAM and interpreted my PC as being severely underspecced.
Fixing it just meant adding a command or two to each game on boot, but that's still some bullshit. And it would melt the brains of every other gamer I know. And it's just the latest problem. (Having to add controller support to games designed for console controllers was maybe the biggest headscratcher.)
PC gaming is like selling your soul to the devil.

PC gamers can also be smug bastards.

damisa

It's pretty much expected that there'll be PC guys storming into threads with their huge penises at the first hint of "graphical superiority". Gotta justify that $999 graphics card somehow.

PC gaming can be cheaper and better performing than console gaming. If the thread title had "definitive console version" there wouldn't be complaints. Fact of the matter is third party games are going to be best on PC this generation. The difference already is much bigger than PS4 vs XBone and it will only increase as the years go by.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If anyones going to be throwing money, it's going to be sony.

ibubAM2J0Zer99.gif

Wow! So fast!! Shahid is so damn lovable.

Bwahahaha. Yup :)
I think it's because PC's are an automatic win and trying to bring it up comes off as bragging because there's no competition. But, it does put it all in perspective.

It's pretty much expected that there'll be PC guys storming into threads with their huge penises at the first hint of "graphical superiority". Gotta justify that $999 graphics card somehow.

I don't know why they care enough to post the same thing in every thread though. I used to be a PC only guy but I didn't feel the need to scream it from the rooftops.

I suppose you could have just read the first word of the thread title and it would have stopped you from coming in here. But no, you actually really care about it, hence why you posted this garbage.

Sounds like your the one who's mad about it. I'm just saying people react to rumors as if they are truth when it supports their point of view, or in this case, their console purchase.

Some gamers WANT the PS4 to be that much more powerful so they can add some fuel to the Xbox hate train. I figured that'd be obvious by now.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
It's too late to change it now. Better suck it up for the next 5 to 6 years.

Sony has always been getting the short end of the stick in multiplats since the PS2 days. You don't see them complaining about not receiving a ton of better looking &/or better performing multiplats while Microsoft & their fanboys have been gloating about them with the original Xbox & the Xbox 360.

Ah, the "lowest common denominator" excuse again...

3rd party developers can easily ignore Microsoft, especially if the PS4 has a larger install base. They don't exactly have as much leverage in the gaming industry like you (or Microsoft) think they do.

Woa this is why I try and avoid Xbone and ps4 threads. Not for lack of insight but irrational posts like this are often worse than Nintendo die hards. Haha when did that happen? Failure does that I suppose.

Look, we really need to progress from graphics debates and finally evolve to feature ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom